Sign in to follow this  
eXpress48

P3D v4: AI Traffic Seperation

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

You could try Nico’s Live Traffic ...

Indeed, in PSXseeconTraffic real live ATC is responsible for separation, works world wide without any schedules.

• Upvote 1

AI and ATC in general are both being constantly neglected by LM. Some of the functionality that @simbol is working on (thank you) should be working right out of the box, along with some decent AI manager in the menu. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 hours ago, simbol said:

I am doing this because I want a solution to be available so I can enjoy the simulator, selling it so you can enjoy it too would be a bonus.

This harks back to the days when developers were simmers and had a passion to drive the hobby forward, seems so long ago...

Build it, but don't forget to take time out to fly now and then.

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Dave,

It would be next year as currently I am working with the AI lights Reborn professional edition, also I don't rush releases, it is better to be late but good so everyone like it rather than quick and be a disappointment for general public.

I am a developer in real life for an international corporation and accordingly I stick to well known practices in relation with the different stages of each product.

For this particular product BETA testing would be crucial and intensive given all the variables to take in consideration, the BETA team would be between 50 to 100 people depending of my resources after the AI lights release.

All that matters is that I will build this tool, and it will work as I have been imaging my simulation experience and yours should be for so many years, will it be hard work? Yes! Will it be worth it? TOTALLY!

And I don't care how many people buy it, that is secondary all I want to hear is: That guy did it!

Best regards 

Simbol 

Thank you! I Always think: Why do they care about the clouds being realistic and forget that the ai traffic is realistic?
Now when I read you, I realize that there are people with passion that takes into account all the details. My impotence is not being able to help as a developer, so I can only say thank you !. Ai lights reborn I love it, and the traffic separator promises to be great!

• Upvote 1

Hi,

So I'm a AI Traffic user/lover using P3D V4...

I was using AI Controller V2 on P3D V3 and it was working great, making my AI experience amazing.

Unfortunately, it has not been (and will probably never be) updated for V4... Therefore my crazy unpredicatble AI is back :(.

I am looking foward to this product, and will buy it on day 1!

Good luck :)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Malam said:

Hi,

So I'm a AI Traffic user/lover using P3D V4...

I was using AI Controller V2 on P3D V3 and it was working great, making my AI experience amazing.

Unfortunately, it has not been (and will probably never be) updated for V4... Therefore my crazy unpredicatble AI is back :(.

I am looking foward to this product, and will buy it on day 1!

Good luck :)

You could revert back to AI controller 1.4B like me.  AI follow taxiways as usual and does everything V2 does except follow the SIDS STARS for EVERY airport.  

Also Traffic Optimizer works in 4.2. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Simbol what’s your website ? Would love to keep updated with this 

Paul Wain

at least we have symbol interested in the hobby and gives us a lot of info and progress....thank you buddy..

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2018 at 7:58 AM, jason99vmi said:

You could revert back to AI controller 1.4B like me.  AI follow taxiways as usual and does everything V2 does except follow the SIDS STARS for EVERY airport.  

Also Traffic Optimizer works in 4.2. 

Are these a one or the other kind of thing, or should they be used together?

- Aaron

1 minute ago, slait said:

Are these a one or the other kind of thing, or should they be used together?

Together.   They do different things.  

Traffic Optimizer just eliminates aircraft based on proximity to your aircraft while preserving aircraft at your Dep and Arr airports.  Thus keeping FPS at an acceptable level.  

AI Controller controls the movement of the aircraft.  Taxi speeds, some separation.  Will fly the SIDS and STARS of the cities/regions provided in the application for version 1.4 while version 2 could do SIDS and STARs for every airport.  Many like myself stopped using version 2 because there was some erratic taxi behavior.  

BUT The great Simbol is working on a new program to do many of these tasks for AI in one application.   And will give him my money when he does.  Even if its free. :)

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Any news on this project? I look forward to well behaved AI 🙂

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

On 10/23/2017 at 6:23 AM, simbol said:

Correct, that is why I never used it.

My objective is to deliver something that allows end users to still heard the ATC talking to the AI even when I am controlling certain behaviours, things like back tracking the runway! hell I hate that!, or things like long queues on the runway to take off! AI planes will have runway slots like in RW operations, I am also planning to address the stupid landing taxi speed and proper runway exit procedures (use proper fast exits or at least the nearest exit but ahead not behind you), and of course proper landing separation, and other things that have been annoying me for over 15 years of flying simulation experience.

I am planning to discuss with Navigraph to obtain a custom database for it so I can handle runway procedures accordingly.

Regards,

Simbol

I will pay big money, BIG MONEY for this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1