Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

ENVSHADE released.

Recommended Posts

Just now, fly_edds said:

@simbolI don't think so. PTA and Reshade can for sure work together and run at the same time.

Perhaps, but to compare the pictures properly (before, after) you need to disable Re-shade and take pic A since that is how the real "DEFAULT" P3D looks like,

Then install and enable envshade leaving Re-shade disabled, take pic B, that should show the changes from "Default" to Evnshade.

Does this make sense?

I use only Re-shade with my own custom made Re-shade presets, so I know how much re-shade alone can change the views of the sim.

Regards,
Simbol

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, simbol said:

OMG! you cannot use Reshade and ENVSahde or Reshade and PTA at the same time, both tools are doing the same Job this is why you don't see any difference as RE-shade is taking precedence, it runs directly on your video card!!!!

Regards,

Simbol

 

Sorry Simbol but i must beg to differ about Reshade and PTA. Both can work flawlessly together. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Benzhangar said:

Sorry Simbol but i must beg to differ about Reshade and PTA. Both can work flawlessly together. 

Perhaps they complement each other, I just corrected myself on a previous post, what I was trying to say is that re-shade alone will change the default sim and therefore to compare "Default Sim" vs EnvShade it is necessary to disable Re-shade.

Personally I don't see the point in using PTA or EnvShade if you are already using Re-shade, but perhaps that is just me.

Regards,
Simbol

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Same here.. testing and no difference at all between screenshots with the disabled ezca (that I do not have)

No, no, not Ezca, Asca! :-)
 


Best regards,
David Roch
Intel 9900K@5.1, Asus Maximus XI Formula, 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 4133 CL17, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA GAMING, 3x SSD Samsung 970 Pro M.2, Corsair 1600W PSU & 49" Samsung curved 4K TV monitor@30Hz.
MSFS Alpha tester

Share this post


Link to post

Hi again guys,

Envdir 1.1.1.1 is now live, you can download it from our website, any activation or install issue due to the simmarket installer or our interface should be solved now.
You can download it from here

Enjoy! 

3 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Change is light, but it looks so natural, I love it :biggrin:

Look at this over California:

358050EnvShadeCA.jpg

A taste of XP don't you think?

 

Wonderful screenshot ! :biggrin:


Maxime
TOGA projects

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Maxime,

Yeah - I can't seem to activate my ENVTEX in ENVDIR - I tried removing and installing ENVTEX - including delete if the license - no luck... I'll try your new link...

Regards,
Scott

 


imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Hi again guys,

Envdir 1.1.1.1 is now live, you can download it from our website, any activation or install issue due to the simmarket installer or our interface should be solved now.
You can download it from here

Enjoy! 

 

Wonderful screenshot ! :biggrin:

Hi Maxime,

No joy - ENVSHADE shows "active" - - - ENVTEX shows "not active" - - - ENVTEX works fine in standalone...

Help ?

Regards,

Scott


imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Share this post


Link to post

Envshade, PTA, either way, good to have choices, I have PTA and am happy with it using pilot Petes preset which is my prefered choice. Can see a lot buying Envshade who do not want to tinker with settings and use one of the presets provided, certainly PTA has more options and still remains easy to use and tinker with, the $5.00 price I'm sure will attract many, but lets face it if you already have PTA no real need for Envshade, still good to have a choice.  :mellow:

  • Upvote 1

37636184132_22e7c62326_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I´m not sure If I see any difference (between default and ENVSHADE) with PTA (my own preset) I did have a completely "another" SIM - do I have to delete P3D´s  "shaders" folder ?

Cheers !


Core i9 10920X@ 4.7 Ghz, watercooled, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, RAM 64GB G SKILL DDR4-3200 , Fractal Design R6, TUF X299 Mark 1, all SSD

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, simbol said:

Personally I don't see the point in using PTA or EnvShade if you are already using Re-shade, but perhaps that is just me.

Regards,
Simbol

Agreed, but PTA does other things Reshade Can't. (Cloud Shadows and Terrain modification) I personally love Re-shade though because it can bring more contrast to the sim.

 

PTA without Reshade.

cWRMyo8h.jpg

 

PTA with Reshade

Z1C8Fa0h.jpg

 

PTA without Reshade

AFG3cdUl.jpg

 

PTA with Reshade

0vvlI85l.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, simbol said:

Personally I don't see the point in using PTA or EnvShade if you are already using Re-shade, but perhaps that is just me.

PTA allows the user to have shader control over multiple specific shaders in the sim. For instance, in PTA the user is able to make shadows that display on the terrain darker or lighter, change the size of waves on the water to be large or small, change speed of waves on the water to be fast or slow, change how much color is received by clouds, change the brightness of the terrain to be very bright or dim, change the brightness of the sky to be very bright or dim, and many, many more.

The user can make changes to shaders within the sim independent of changes to other shaders, thus the tool is basically a set of dials for a large collection of independent shaders in the platform that the user can dial up or down, within a spectrum of values, based on what he wants to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, MikeT707 said:

PTA allows the user to have shader control over multiple specific shaders in the sim. For instance, in PTA the user is able to make shadows that display on the terrain darker or lighter, change the size of waves on the water to be large or small, change speed of waves on the water to be fast or slow, change how much color is received by clouds, change the brightness of the terrain to be very bright or dim, change the brightness of the sky to be very bright or dim, and many, many more.

The user can make changes to shaders within the sim independent of changes to other shaders, thus the tool is basically a set of dials for a large collection of independent shaders in the platform that the user can dial up or down, within a spectrum of values, based on what he wants to see.

Many thanks for the information, however I can do the same with re-shade but I imagine it is much much harder of course as it is all done via the re-shade interface and filters parameters.

Best Regards,

Simbol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,770.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...