JustanotherPilot

Windows 10 Patch Today?

43 posts in this topic

UPDATE from LM over at the Prepar3D Forums

"Microsoft will include a fix for this issue in a Windows 10 update scheduled for release around November 14th. This issue was caused due to a bug introduced in the KB4038788 update. This issue is specific to 32-bit applications which is why Prepar3D v4 was unaffected by this update."

-From Rob McCarthy

Just under a month before we get a fix......Can't believe it's taken MS so long for this fix

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It doesn't take them that long to fix it: it has been fixed already. It just takes that long because the fix is part of the monthly Windows update. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J van E said:

It doesn't take them that long to fix it: it has been fixed already. It just takes that long because the fix is part of the monthly Windows update. 

Have to disagree, problem first surfaced early September, fix or patch was excluded from Creators update and with a now  expected Week 2  November release. Given the vast numbers of Users affected and LM continual liason with MS, I would think a fix should have been available outside of the monthly updates as a priority.

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Have to disagree, problem first surfaced early September, fix or patch was excluded from Creators update and with a now  expected Week 2  November release. Given the vast numbers of Users affected and LM continual liason with MS, I would think a fix should have been available outside of the monthly updates as a priority.

I guess you may underestimate who the really important customers for MS are. It's not the home users - it's business customers, large companies with volume contracts. That would be what I would call a vast majority... Everything that affects them has priority over anything else. So, if no major business customer has complained we can be happy if MS fixes this issue still this year.

Regards
Frank

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal priority 1 wish is having a fix. Time when the fix will be available for me is secondary. And I am happy to hear that MS is announcing having taken attention to this matter, figured out the problem and being willingness to provide a patch to cure the problem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2017 at 2:45 AM, mdata said:

I guess you may underestimate who the really important customers for MS are. It's not the home users - it's business customers, large companies with volume contracts. That would be what I would call a vast majority... Everything that affects them has priority over anything else. So, if no major business customer has complained we can be happy if MS fixes this issue still this year.

Regards
Frank

Unfortunately the issue wasn't just limited to P3D users. The update that caused the issue was wide spread.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a patch released today as expected to fix the issues with P3D caused by windows 10 update 1709?

Curious to hear how it plays with P3D if so.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Was a patch released today as expected to fix the issues with P3D caused by windows 10 update 1709?

Curious to hear how it plays with P3D if so.

Haven't seen one yet. It's usually on the first Tuesday of the month. Could be wrong though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update didn´t bring ANY fixes to this issue!!!!! I just installed it and same issues in FSX!!!! 

 

Regards 

Ingo

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2017 at 4:45 AM, mdata said:

I guess you may underestimate who the really important customers for MS are. It's not the home users - it's business customers, large companies with volume contracts. That would be what I would call a vast majority... Everything that affects them has priority over anything else. So, if no major business customer has complained we can be happy if MS fixes this issue still this year.

Regards
Frank

The really important customers, being enterprise, are not using Windows 10. They're still using Windows 7.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

The really important customers, being enterprise, are not using Windows 10. They're still using Windows 7.

May still be true for many if not most of the enterprise customers. Bust as luck would have it, the company I am working for (+100k employees) is currently undergoing the Windows 10 migration. And I must say, that in the office area this is going surprisingly well. As for machines with specific software or machines controlling other hardware this is of course more delicate, but possible and of course more pricey.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.