Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Fslabs performance settings

I currently have a pretty high end system and run fslabs pretty well in terms of smoothness and frames. I️ get around 15 FPS in cities like Miami but the sim is flyable and smooth.  However, I️ am always looking to improve things.  I watch streams from chewwy and others that seem to run very high settings into dense areas and get 30 + FPS constantly.  For those running fslabs in high density areas, what sliders are you using to get that sweet spot.?  I️ am afraid that if i move more left i will lose visuals.  Or does that chewwy guy or any of the other streamers that run in high setting post their P3d and graphics settings anywhere?  I would like to compare vs. mine. My system is the Gravity GT2 from jetlinesystems. Thanksz

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

They use 1080tis for their gpus, that’s why. You have to be willing to compromise on visuals in order to get desired performance. 

1080ti as in the graphics card? 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

10 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

1080ti as in the graphics card? 

Affirmative.

As I’m sure you are aware, the FSL A320 is heavy on resources. Check out the settings post by Rob Ainscough for some pointers. I have always found his suggestions to be a great place to start tweaking your own. I will leave a link to Rob’s post below. Hope it helps.

http://p3dwiki.com/graphics.html

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

8 hours ago, N405GJ said:

As I’m sure you are aware, the FSL A320 is heavy on resources. Check out the settings post by Rob Ainscough for some pointers. I have always found his suggestions to be a great place to start tweaking your own. I will leave a link to Rob’s post below. Hope it helps.

http://p3dwiki.com/graphics.html

Interesting.  I didn't know that you can create different setting profiles for type of plane or time of day.  Is there something that can point me how to do this?  I was under the impression that you can only do one as I have never seen a place to save the profile. This would be a big help. 

17 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

have a look at the below link

Some really promising news at the end of that thread. I don't really notice much of an extreme performance hit when I fly the FSL Bus, but I'm well aware that others do and it's great that FSL are looking into it. Hopefully we'll see an update soon!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

This..

"Yes - a lot of work went into this. And we used FRAFS to profile our results, which are now inline with titles from other developers. 

Our testers have reported significant improvements in performance - it is now much more fluid."

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Interesting.  I didn't know that you can create different setting profiles for type of plane or time of day.  Is there something that can point me how to do this?  I was under the impression that you can only do one as I have never seen a place to save the profile. This would be a big help. 

It's in the link in the text that you quoted! On the 1st page of the 5 that auto-scroll under each of the 8 tabs you'll see it at the top left.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Got it.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ebs said:

Some really promising news at the end of that thread. I don't really notice much of an extreme performance hit when I fly the FSL Bus, but I'm well aware that others do and it's great that FSL are looking into it. Hopefully we'll see an update soon!

You just gotta load the same scenario, first with the A320 and then with any PMDG plane.

Most of the time I get around 50-100% more FPS with the PMDG planes. Especially DL is hard with the A320.

6 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Most of the time I get around 50-100% more FPS with the PMDG planes

oh, I definitely see a hit, but it's nothing like 50-100% difference for me (unless I compare it to the Q400 of course ;)) (6700k, 16gb, 1070)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

1 minute ago, Ebs said:

oh, I definitely see a hit, but it's nothing like 50-100% difference for me (unless I compare it to the Q400 of course ;)) (6700k, 16gb, 1070)

Well i dont know about 50% or 100% all i know is with other heavy payware planes i can fly in big heavy payware airports and with the A320 i cant. So for now i am using it only for small payware airports.

Roi Ben