ckyliu

UK2000 40% bulk Christmas discounts

Gary Summons has started his Christmas sale on UK2000 scenery.  A single product has 25% discount, 2 get 30% and 4+ get 40%.

The baseline 25% discount is already applied to the prices on the purchase page; select more than one airport and the further discounts are applied to the basket automatically.

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=9155.msg63537#msg63537 Sale ends 31st December.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i have Gatwick and Stansted, any other good for p3d v4? heathrow i have from another company. any adivse ?

44 minutes ago, Hypofx said:

i have Gatwick and Stansted, any other good for p3d v4? heathrow i have from another company. any adivse ?

I am looking at getting Stansted, Manchester, Heathrow and Edinburgh. How are they, performance-wise ?

31 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I am looking at getting Stansted, Manchester, Heathrow and Edinburgh. How are they, performance-wise ?

Stansted i have its good, not as good as LOWI in terms of performance but no problems.

I have Manchester, Birmingham. Heathrow, Gatwick, to fly my PMDG 747-400 out of and it`s ok looking to add some more, but I do have a high performance PC OC to 5ghz.   

Is this for UK customers only? During check out, I got a confirm you are from the UK...

GARGH I've dropped a massive clanger, meant to buy 5 products but forgot 1 :sad:

9 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

All the UK2000 airports seem to strike a good balance between detail and optimisation. Keep in mind that Manchester is the third busiest airport in the UK in terms of passengers (Heathrow and Gatwick are one and two on that list, Stansted is fourth behind Manchester), so that should give you a reasonable gauge on performance.

I have UK2000's Liverpool, and Manchester, and Woodford as well since it is part of the UK2000 VFR airfields add on, and I don't find it to be a problem with performance, even with all of those in close enough proximity to one another to mean they're all loading into the sim when you are in that area.

• Upvote 3

Agreed. I've got Manchester and East Midlands payware. I also have some of the freeware demo ones too (the "lite" ones without the big DEMO box hovering over the airfield) which still gives a good idea of the differences over default FSX!

Beautiful renditions of UK airports and as has been said not too great a performance impact especially given the visual quality & detail. FWIW one of the options for East Midlands is to turn off the 3000,  yes 3k!! 3d cars in the car parks. :blink:

22 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

How are they, performance-wise ?

Try some of the demos and see how you get on, generally like Chock I find them to be a good balance. Certainly UK2000 Xtreme Heathrow is known to be one of the better (if not best) Heathrow sceneries on framerates.

I wish UK2000 would put same sale offer for their products on Simmarket

16 minutes ago, Aharon said:

Why?!  If you are thinking of buying anyway, always try to buy direct from developers - they get more of the money you spend rather than give a large percentage to the re-seller shop.

• Upvote 1

Sales of UK2000 products at SimMarket are determined by SimMarket, not Gary. Anyway, as has been stated above, it is always best to buy direct from the developer if you want them to be fully rewarded for their efforts :smile:

On a side note, does anyone know if France VFR will be having a sale? I do most of my flying over the UK and Ireland, but that includes the Channel Islands.....and some of the approaches/departures can take me over that northern peninsula of Basse Normandie in France. That being the case, I would like to have a detailed rendition of that region :cool:

I know Gary has ruled it out, but I'd love to see a UK2000 version of Dublin. UK2000 airports are by far the best airports performancewise on my system. Yes, I know Ireland isn't in the UK (I'm Irish btw) but we really need a proper version of Dublin Airport for P3Dv4. I had the Aerosoft version for v3 and I really miss it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

I know Gary has ruled it out, but I'd love to see a UK2000 version of Dublin. UK2000 airports are by far the best airports performancewise on my system. Yes, I know Ireland isn't in the UK (I'm Irish btw) but we really need a proper version of Dublin Airport for P3Dv4. I had the Aerosoft version for v3 and I really miss it.

As someone else from the left-hand side of the Irish Sea :smile:, I agree whole-heartedly, especially with Eiresim not having done anything new for ages.

• Upvote 2

....we really need a proper version of Dublin Airport for P3Dv4. I had the Aerosoft version for v3 and I really miss it

One of several reasons why I am still using P3D v3. As for Irish airports in general, what we really need is a super detailed version of EINN Shannon.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

One of several reasons why I am still using P3D v3. As for Irish airports in general, what we really need is a super detailed version of EINN Shannon.

Indeed. Us poor paddy's we always get forgotten about :laugh:

UK2000 website indicates that their airports are P3D4 compatible.

Yet on installation there is no option for P3D4  - only for FSX. I reckon we have just to point to P3D4 corresponding folders, isn't it?

PS: Just installed the Newcastle demo but P3D4 crashes when EGNT is selected 

@ega The demos and free versions are generally not P3Dv4 compatible, indeed Newcastle which you've installed says in large text on its product page "**Purchased Product Now Prepar3D V4 Compatible**" which would strongly imply the free versions are not going to work in P3D.

I've got paid versions of a few Xtreme sceneries and I get P3Dv4 install options using the new addon.xml method. If you want to use dynamic lighting there's optional patches that need installing afterwards.

OK, you are quite right! Will buy 2 or 3 airports though.

Regards