Sign in to follow this  
nels161

UTL offically released

1 minute ago, tooting said:

Only because this chuckie previously did us over with ut2 and my gut feeling with this ut2 live is just a rehash of ut2. 

The schedules are being handled now by F1 staff.

Simbol 

No, Air Berlin has been removed. Not sure if I ever had Fly Niki (I only have flightplans installed that are relevant to my flights around the UK and Ireland, plus quick trips across the North Sea to Amsterdam Schiphol and Copenhagen Kastrup).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My initial test with P3D v3 yields that the quality-performance "product" of UTL is better than with MyTraffic 5.4. The frame rate is higher despite much better visuals (assuming a given number of AI planes processed).

The other advantage over MyTraffic is that the simulator does not need to process hundreds of airplane folders upon start, which significantly reduces the start-up time. I will keep testing.

I always remember that there were fewer AI issues at startup when using UT2 over BGL driven traffic. By that, I mean those annoying habits of AI planes to land short of a runway/dive down from high altitude/approach way too high etc. How do the AI planes behave in UT Live on startup?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

giphy.gif.c9ab5521242a18db17ce38e71a5a4e

Hi Pete,

No offense, but would you please consider to change your avatar?
It is (extremely) annoying when reading posts to see in the corners of your eyes something moving continually.
It really distracts from reading.

Thanks,

Egbert

• Upvote 7

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

10 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

No offense, but would you please consider to change your avatar?

Hi Folks,

Yes please...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

No offense here also Pete. Please stop the moving and all is good.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I had UT2 ages ago and switched to Mytraffic because UT2 kept crashing and then telling me to reboot my computer.  Any issues in that regard?  Also, can you just start it manually after you start your sim?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I really like UTL. What are people using for traffic percent settings? I found 100 a bit overwhelming at large airports (though realisitc), so I'm trying 75 for airlines and 85 for GA. 

7 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

I really like UTL. What are people using for traffic percent settings? I found 100 a bit overwhelming at large airports (though realisitc), so I'm trying 75 for airlines and 85 for GA. 

I am using 75% for both. Started of with 100% and I liked it but on arrival all gates tended to be filled. :happy: With 75% things are lively but there are still spots to park my plane. I also don't like too much traffic ahead of me while I taxi to the departure runway.

After many years of using UT2, switching to MT6 after Prepar3d, I am now back on UTLive.  I could not be happier.  I don't look up a schedule to see if flt353 is leaving on the same schedule as real life.  I look at a couple things:  1.  Models  2. Paints  3. Performance.   For me I had MT6 at 25% to keep it usable.  In UTLive I have it at 100%.  The Models are better (Better than the stick gear on MT6), Paints are alright (Still better then MT6, but what I like more is a can install better models, and paints (Finding them are hard with Redcarpet75 being down).  I am a happy customer.   If you owned UT2 this is a no-brainer for the price.  If you don't then I recommend it

• Upvote 1

I have a fairly extensive set of ai traffic based on AIG flightplans and freeware aircraft.  I’m tempted to get this though to cover off the more obscure airlines/airports/countries that I visit less often and as such haven’t put the time into AI for those regions.  Looks like it would be pretty easy to sub in my FAIB and FSP ai fleets too.

And hey, I’ve got 30 days to refund if I don’t like it so what’s to lose.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 hours ago, w6kd said:

Anyone know if it can be installed and run from a different PC over a network?

Bump....
I'm wondering as well. I have read the installation guide but couldn't find any reference.
My suspicion says no, but I would like to know for sure.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11