Sign in to follow this  
PlainandSimplePaints

Clean Cockpit Textures?

I started doing a project for my own personal use but was wondering if anyone would be interested (with PMDG's permission of course) in this project. It would include a much cleaner look that would mean redoing the base textures to get rid of all the peanut dust lol and taking the scuff off the switch's. 

Thanks

http://27830460709_59f2e5f400_o.pngCapture by Plain and Simple Repaints, on Flickr

• Upvote 4

Hi. I really appreciate your work and eagerly waiting for that to come. Wear-out cockpit textures of PMDG 737 in my opinion is the only negative aspect of the otherwise superb plane. 

7 hours ago, PlainandSimplePaints said:

I started doing a project for my own personal use but was wondering if anyone would be interested (with PMDG's permission of course) in this project. It would include a much cleaner look that would mean redoing the base textures to get rid of all the peanut dust lol and taking the scuff off the switch's. 

Switches.

Please be sure that you submit the modification for review prior to making it available to anyone.

1 hour ago, Nike Hercoles said:

Hi. I really appreciate your work and eagerly waiting for that to come. Some wear-out cockpit textures of PMDG 737 in my opinion is the only negative aspect of the otherwise superb plane. 

Please be sure to sign your posts - first and last - as is required by the forum rules here.

I'd be hesitant to say "negative" honestly. Clearly you haven't been up front in any aircraft that is in regular line service. We actually had to Photoshop our photo recon work to clean it up some since the planes were dirtier than we exhibit in the NGX.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I actually find the dirt on the glass displays and worn out fabric by the pilots shoes on left and right side of the yoke to be quite realistic, I can picture them leaning back and putting their feet up for catnaps. Now if, in the name of this realism, i could wipe them clean with my mouse that would be the quintessence of realism :)

Hi PlainandSimple...
How many times are you visiting a real 737 aircraft? I mean not a new one in the Boeing factory.

This aircraft is a workhorse.

Regards
Jo va Bra

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:
48 minutes ago, Jovabra said:

Hi PlainandSimple...
How many times are you visiting a real 737 aircraft? I mean not a new one in the Boeing factory.

This aircraft is a workhorse.

Regards
Jo va Bra

My dad is a active captain for SWA so very often I'm aware they are trashed. But it doesn't mean that their trashed when they come out of the factory and many people like that look even if it isn't what it would normally look like. It doesn't hurt to have the option available does it?

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Switches.

Please be sure that you submit the modification for review prior to making it available to anyone.

Sorry typo, will do. 

I can't wait for those.
I get the "that's how they look when you use them" but I like to have options when flying pixel planes.
I was doing some delivery flights on my NGX not that long ago and was thinking that client will complain when they see the cockpit lol.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

19 minutes ago, PaulGR said:

I can't wait for those.

+1

Hans van Wijhe

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I'd like clean cockpit option for every sim aircraft I own. While "worn" may be more realistic, I prefer clean. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Add my name to the list. While in the real world I don't have the option to get a clean pit each time, I'd very much like it in my sim at least. Be gone with that dirt!

I can appreciate everyone's preferences, but am I the only one who would think a trashed cockpit with maybe a burnt out light would be cool?

• Upvote 1

On the basis of a clean workshop you recognize a good mechanic.. 

I haven't been on many flight decks in my life. But one was a DLH 747-400 and one was a KLM 737-700. Both were quite a lot cleaner :D And I think even the North Worst DC9 wasn't that dirty :P I like worn out textures on old planes like on the foot rest or on the Yoke.. But I don't like dirt. Not in my car and not in my airplane :D

• Upvote 2

On 1/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Switches.

Please be sure to sign your posts - first and last - as is required by the forum rules here.

I'd be hesitant to say "negative" honestly. Clearly you haven't been up front in any aircraft that is in regular line service. We actually had to Photoshop our photo recon work to clean it up some since the planes were dirtier than we exhibit in the NGX.

*LOL*

Thought exactly the same. I was in a few RL cockpits now and there was one similarity between all of these visits: everytime i had the desire for a tetanus shot 🤣

I know pilots which always have cleaning tissues with them to clean the controls after they take over a jet 😉

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

37 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Thought exactly the same. I was in a few RL cockpits now and there was one similarity between all of these visits: everytime i had the desire for a tetanus shot 🤣

I know pilots which always have cleaning tissues with them to clean the controls after they take over a jet 😉

haha - yep. I think the long-haulers tend to be a bit cleaner, but 737s that are being run all day to multiple destinations? Pass the hand cleaner, please...

I know one of those, too :ph34r:

Kyle Rodgers