Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Guess when Prepar3d 4.2 release?

Prepar3d 4.2 Release Date  

83 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think it will be released

Hey,

Everyone speculates LM releases a new P3D update when Pete Dowson plans his holiday.  I am sure the LM Team and Pete sync this up to be some type of inside joke.  I can only speculate.

My guess is Feb or March and we should see 4.2.  I believe they are on a 5-6 month release cycle.

Hit the polls.

The prize is "bragging rights" when LM releases it and you predicated correctly on this thread.

Lets have fun.

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Wishing it to be sooner rather than later, just got a new SSD to migrate P3D to but I don’t want to go through all that trouble just to have to update to 4.2.

There is no need for a poll. I consulted my magic 8 ball and February it shall be. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

On 22/01/2018 at 0:55 AM, Skywolf said:

Hey,

Everyone speculates LM releases a new P3D update when Pete Dowson plans his holiday.  I am sure the LM Team and Pete sync this up to be some type of inside joke.  I can only speculate.

My guess is Feb or March and we should see 4.2.  I believe they are on a 5-6 month release cycle.

Hit the polls.

The prize is "bragging rights" when LM releases it and you predicated correctly on this thread.

Lets have fun.

Well, v4.1 was available for download on 10th Oct 2017. So, we should be expecting v4.2 to appear around March or April 2018.

Mike

I’m new to P3D so forgive me for not knowing, but I have 4.1 and if I were to move to 4.2, would I have to reinstall all of my add-ons?

All your guessing is futile.... It will be released on March 10, 19:00 CET

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

4 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

I’m new to P3D so forgive me for not knowing, but I have 4.1 and if I were to move to 4.2, would I have to reinstall all of my add-ons?

If the add-on is installed using the "new" and proper method, those add-ons should not be affected. Some still install in the main P4D folder and this causes some issues because they don't/may not use the new addon.xml method.

• Upvote 1

Has there been any word of what 4.2 might include?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Well, if hope is of any value, i hope it focus on multithreading and GPU optimizations. We have incredibly powerful hardware which is (still) not being used properly.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

25 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

More importantly...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Well I know 4.2 include some fixes to SimConnect that I need! so I hope they release it soon!

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

They need to fix the 'X-Plane boys are bragging about how great 'their' sim looks / performs / flightmodel' issue.

/major /sarcasm /alert

1 hour ago, daelight said:

They need to fix the 'X-Plane boys are bragging about how great 'their' sim looks / performs / flightmodel' issue.

/major /sarcasm /alert

...and it does

/major / sarcasm /alert

• Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy