Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Load up the Super Cub and tackle The Last Frontier - 30% Launch Discount

1080-Out-Now-General-Use_2.jpg

If you’re looking to get the most of our Tundra Tire and Amphibious Float additions to the PA-18 Super Cub then you need to check out The Last Frontier, a series of seven missions that will take you across the diverse and harsh Alaskan plains. 

You’ll be tasked with handling a variety of situations, including flying out of a busy non-controlled airport, dropping off fishing supplies at a remote lake, dealing with an emergency situation, and landing in a convey. Watch your instruments, stay alert and expect the unexpected. 

You can find out more about The Last Frontier on the store page.

• Upvote 3

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Looks very fun.  No screenshots showing the tundra tires?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

3 hours ago, pugilist2 said:

Looks very fun.  No screenshots showing the tundra tires?

4QFZwaq.jpg

The amphibious and tundra tires models came to the sim on the phase 2 update (january). Now they released some missions suited to those.

• Upvote 2

Looks like it will be a lot of fun with some good sightseeing.

In its current state the ground world still isn't quite the environment it needs to be for me to get the best out of packages like this, but I'll continue my patient wait and once the lighting / shadows / terrain get some love / PBR treatment I'll be on this like Trump on a Big Mac.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Looks like it will be a lot of fun with some good sightseeing.

In its current state the ground world still isn't quite the environment it needs to be for me to get the best out of packages like this, but I'll continue my patient wait and once the lighting / shadows / terrain get some love / PBR treatment I'll be on this like Trump on a Big Mac.

+1 I feel the same way, Stephan! Couldn't have said it better! It's not even close to done(I hope), but they are selling "missions" for it?? Maybe they are grasping for money and need the cash flow to do anymore improvements.

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Once again, the mission team and the guys working on other stuff are not the same people at DTG....  So DTG should just stop making any content at all until everything else is done to your standards, right??

• Upvote 2

I know a lot of people that like the missions and like Theo said, not developing the missions wouldn't speed up the other improvements as they have different people working on each feature of the sim and the guy that develop the missions doesn't work developing the scenery, for example.

• Upvote 1

I'll never understand why people get mad at companies for wanting to make money. It is the only reason that they exist after all. If the cash flow helps DTG build us a better simulator, then more power to them. They get money, we get a nice sim. That's what I call a win-win. 

Maybe one day, some company will invest thousands of man hours to build us a free sim? I'll just sit here and wait holding my breath. 

• Upvote 6

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

12 hours ago, simaddict said:

+1 I feel the same way, Stephan! Couldn't have said it better! It's not even close to done(I hope), but they are selling "missions" for it?? Maybe they are grasping for money and need the cash flow to do anymore improvements.

Mike

I feel a different way. People start business ventures to make money. 

I paid $15 bucks for Flight School..and then later got FSW for free...with all of its upgrades / enhancements. If the dlc (in any form) keeps the cash flowing in to fund further development, then that's just good business sense to me. 

• Upvote 3

Maybe PMDG could release the 737 for FSW as Early Access with a pretty internal/external model and C172 flight model for $29.99. Later, to fund production of the parts that everyone actually cares about, they can release the $29.99 FMS, $29.99 Flight Model, $19.99 Livery Package with File Manager and $9.99 for the Tutorial Package (with Missions!).

Of course, they could just produce the whole aircraft and sell it like they always do to a loyal-to-a-fault fanbase built over years of hard work, dedication and integrity, but that would make sense wouldn't it?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I would consult them to try it both ways for a short time and then follow the one that maximizes profit. But that's just me.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

15 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

Maybe PMDG could release the 737 for FSW as Early Access with a pretty internal/external model and C172 flight model for $29.99. Later, to fund production of the parts that everyone actually cares about, they can release the $29.99 FMS, $29.99 Flight Model, $19.99 Livery Package with File Manager and $9.99 for the Tutorial Package (with Missions!).

Of course, they could just produce the whole aircraft and sell it like they always do to a loyal-to-a-fault fanbase built over years of hard work, dedication and integrity, but that would make sense wouldn't it?

Nailed it!

But sadly, thats exactly what is state of the art in today gaming business.

I would rather have waited for another year and paid 100€ for FSW rather than get it for 15€ with unfinished content, gfx and features.

If you buy it now with all content you pay around 200€ and still unfinished... FSW has become the DLC SIMULATOR nobdy wanted but a lot of people warned about very early. I still have some rest of hope that they develop it further to what i (or you) expected and they said that it will be. But doubts are allowed in this context.

Not this again? Guys, learn another tune.

I understand folk's consternation about this, and I really do understand that some of you feel as though DTG is milking the cow, so to speak. 

I'm looking at this a different way. Some of you might not like or understand my point of view, and I get that but I think it is kinda refreshing and interesting to be able to watch FSW evolve from the early product to the eventual finished product. We have never been able to see this before. From the Sublogic days until FSX and even P3D, we've gotten what the developers gave us, and that was it. They worked in the shadows, and emerged with the finished product. Yeah, we liked the products (mostly), but we didn't have a front row seat for the development cycle. So now, we get to watch it as it evolves. It is a good thing from the perspective that the devs are getting real time feedback as to what's working and what isn't at a time in the cycle where they are still able to do something about it. If we as users supply constructive criticism, DTG will surely take it into consideration. They might end up ignoring it, but at least it will have been considered. 

If you do not like this, then there is a very simple solution. Uninstall FSW and do something else for a while. I believe that at some point, FSW will be "done", and it will be all over Avsim. When you start seeing those posts, re-install FSW and go flying. I'm not trying to be be condescending. I'm just pointing out that like a train wreck, you do not need to watch. You only do if you want to see it. The soup is not done. Stay in the kitchen and enjoy the aroma, or go back in the garage until the dinner bell rings. 

1 hour ago, A32xx said:

Not this again? Guys, learn another tune.

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

I understand folk's consternation about this, and I really do understand that some of you feel as though DTG is milking the cow, so to speak. 

I'm looking at this a different way. Some of you might not like or understand my point of view, and I get that but I think it is kinda refreshing and interesting to be able to watch FSW evolve from the early product to the eventual finished product. We have never been able to see this before. From the Sublogic days until FSX and even P3D, we've gotten what the developers gave us, and that was it. They worked in the shadows, and emerged with the finished product. Yeah, we liked the products (mostly), but we didn't have a front row seat for the development cycle. So now, we get to watch it as it evolves. It is a good thing from the perspective that the devs are getting real time feedback as to what's working and what isn't at a time in the cycle where they are still able to do something about it. If we as users supply constructive criticism, DTG will surely take it into consideration. They might end up ignoring it, but at least it will have been considered. 

If you do not like this, then there is a very simple solution. Uninstall FSW and do something else for a while. I believe that at some point, FSW will be "done", and it will be all over Avsim. When you start seeing those posts, re-install FSW and go flying. I'm not trying to be be condescending. I'm just pointing out that like a train wreck, you do not need to watch. You only do if you want to see it. The soup is not done. Stay in the kitchen and enjoy the aroma, or go back in the garage until the dinner bell rings. 

Totally agree with these quotations.

There’s no need to be negative or cynical: if you don’t like it then don’t buy it or use it but please - try to at least be constructive.

• Upvote 1

Best regards

Rupert