Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

310R Redux in FSX?

Hi

I just wondered if anyone had any feedback on the performance of the new 310R in FSX? I have been looking through the various posts on this forum but nearly all seem to be from people using it in P3D which I haven't moved on to as yet and there is nothing over on the FSX forum so I would appreciate any comments from anyone who might be using it in FSX before I take the plunge and buy it. Thanks!

Bill

Hi, there.  To my knowledge, and it is stated so on the MilViz webpage I think, the new 310R Redux is for P3D only, and v4.2 at that.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

That is incorrect.  The Redux works in FSX, FSX A, FSX Steam, P3D 3.4 and P3D V4.

I can't speak to how it performs on those sims without information about your system setup, scenery etc.  That said, we've had good results on all test systems.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, StewartH said:

I think, the new 310R Redux is for P3D only

?????????

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have it installed in FSX as well as P3D, and the performance is about the same. It handles very nice, the sounds are much better than the original version, and with dual RXP, I don't have any noticeable frame rate loss. The new panel looks incredible with matching radios and radar, and the texture detail looks very realistic. Very well done Milviz!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milviz said:

I can't speak to how it performs on those sims without information about your system setup, scenery etc.  That said, we've had good results on all test systems.

i7 3.5GHz; 16GB RAM; GTX670 2GB video RAM; Win 7 64-bit; huge amount of scenery addons including nearly every Orbx product; AS16 and Rex textures for weather.

32 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

I have it installed in FSX as well as P3D, and the performance is about the same. It handles very nice, the sounds are much better than the original version, and with dual RXP, I don't have any noticeable frame rate loss. The new panel looks incredible with matching radios and radar, and the texture detail looks very realistic. Very well done Milviz!

Thank you. Good to see that the performance is comparable on both platforms although I guess you may well have a more powerful system than mine! It looks like a very significant improvement on the old Milviz 310 which I also have so that is why I was considering upgrading.

Bill

38 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

Which two RXP GPSs did you put in?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I stand corrected, sorry.  310 Redux is for both simulators. :blush:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I have the 310 Redux in P3D v. 3.4xx and overall it performs well. As previously noted, the a\c sounds are improved as well as the over all textures of this wonderful aircraft. I still have the original Milviz 310 R installed as I enjoy some of the repaints available for it.

Win 10 OS, i7 6700, GTX 1070 & SSD Hard drive

The C310R Redux works fine here in FSX+A with a Core2Duo@3.33GHz (10 years old now!) and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti.

• Upvote 1

I need three liveries that you;d like.  I will consider having them done.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

I need three liveries that you;d like.  I will consider having them done.

The US Military U3, Blue Canoe!

One with deep red and silver instead of gold. And looks more contemporary.  The liveries you provided are model and original-period correct, but any owner commissioning a repaint today would select something more up to date in taste. 

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

8 hours ago, fppilot said:

Which two RXP GPSs did you put in?

RXP GNS430 and GNS530, v2.

• Upvote 1

Liveries? I really like the old style ones but there are some interesting liveries in real world out there:

http://www.airliners.net/search?registrationActual=PT-LQY&display=detail

http://www.airliners.net/search?registrationActual=N182Z&display=detail

http://www.airliners.net/search?registrationActual=N5418A&display=detail

just to show three...

Cheers T.