Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

FSLabs A320 engines rotating while C&D

Hello,

I purchased FSLabs A320 earlier today, what a great plane.

A strange thing is, though, that the engines keep turning slowly (N1 at 0,8 %) even when the plane is in cold and dark state. Is it because of the wind? Is it normal? Thanks 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Yep, just like the real thing.

• Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

9 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Yep, just like the real thing.

Thanks. Although here: 

it seems like it stops completely...

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

9 hours ago, Thomasso said:

Hello,

I purchased FSLabs A320 earlier today, what a great plane.

A strange thing is, though, that the engines keep turning slowly (N1 at 0,8 %) even when the plane is in cold and dark state. Is it because of the wind? Is it normal? Thanks 🙂

Yep...if the wind blows through the engines then they will start to rotate. Quite nice I think.

There's a cool thing you can try if you have a weather engine like e.g. ASPv4:

1. Start the sim without ASPv4.

2. Look on metars to find a "windy" airport and choose a gate most likely into the wind

3. Go to that location BUT choose a sunny day as a weather theme.

4. After loading the plane go to your outside view (your engines wil not turn)

5. Now fire up ASPv4 (it will read the metar and inject the weather and the wind)

6. You will notice the engines slowly picking up to a constant speed

:)

• Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I can't express how much i love such tiny details some developers include. Especially these details bring life into the sim! 

• Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Agreed. I constantly find new amazing features and details in that plane.
With regards to wind and windmilling ... doesn't it (also) depend on the wind direction? Or is that less relevant?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Yep...if the wind blows through the engines then they will start to rotate. Quite nice I think.

There's a cool thing you can try if you have a weather engine like e.g. ASPv4:

1. Start the sim without ASPv4.

2. Look on metars to find a "windy" airport and choose a gate most likely into the wind

3. Go to that location BUT choose a sunny day as a weather theme.

4. After loading the plane go to your outside view (your engines wil not turn)

5. Now fire up ASPv4 (it will read the metar and inject the weather and the wind)

6. You will notice the engines slowly picking up to a constant speed

🙂

Haha, right ahead of you, I set manual Wx control to test, it really works 🙂.

I believe that objects in P3D don't deflect wind, right? I mean airport terminal for example. That would be super heavy on CPU.

Tomáš Pokorný

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Agreed. I constantly find new amazing features and details in that plane.
With regards to wind and windmilling ... doesn't it (also) depend on the wind direction? Or is that less relevant?

Yep, wind direction is taken into account. In fact, if the wind isn't dead-on, you may start to notice a speed difference between each engine, as one is more sheltered than the other 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to bump an old post

Even though this is a awesome feature, can you turn the effect off? All airports I fly too since purchasing FSL they always rotate, would be nice to see them stil... I'm weird I know haha 

Any ideas if this is possible? 

Paul Wain

Turn the wind off, and the fan will stop windmillling

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

31 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Turn the wind off, and the fan will stop windmillling

Wouldn't that mean I wont have any wind within the Sim? 

Paul Wain

Well yes... does that really matter though if you're shutdown on stand and looking at the outside of the plane? You can reactivate the wind after you restart engines.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Well yes... does that really matter though if you're shutdown on stand and looking at the outside of the plane? You can reactivate the wind after you restart engines.

Very true.

i wonder if this is the only way?

Paul Wain

Why!!!!!

No wind = no turning

Wind= they turn.

No there is no option as there is no option IRL to stop them turning in the wind.

The end.

One of the strangest things I've seen asked. Please dont look at the rudder in the wind.

Just enjoy the realism.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip