Olympic260

[12MAY18] First Cockpit Video Preview of the PMDG 747-8

Preparing for another test flight from LGAV to WSSS I thought that you might wanted to see some of the new features included in the upcoming PDMG 747-8 expansion pack.

As I also say in the video this is still under development so some features might change until the final release

Enjoy 🙂

• Like 13
  • Upvote 5

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great! So if I have Navigraph charts subscription can I read my charts inside the cockpit ?

Thanks, regards

Max

Looks Fantastic!!

Is it possible to have the EFB undocked to a tablet/Ipad device via Wifi connection?

Many thanks 

David Reeves

27 minutes ago, A320wolf said:

Great! So if I have Navigraph charts subscription can I read my charts inside the cockpit ?

Thanks, regards

Max

That’s what he said in the video.

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

That’s what he said in the video.

Ok, thanks just to be sure 😉

Regards, Max

That navigraph subscription is looking amazing. Great job!

Only downside is I will have to commit to a navigraph subscription...or would this come with a complimentary AIRAC update. .. is it AIRAC?

1 hour ago, A320wolf said:

Thanks, regards

Max

Did you watched the Video?

Okay now I better just hit replay before I get a warning for inappropriate language.

21 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Only downside is I will have to commit to a navigraph subscription...or would this come with a complimentary AIRAC update. .. is it AIRAC?

They said that Aerosoft will be made available too.

31 minutes ago, Boomer said:

You need to have charts subscription which is not the same as the Airac. Navigraph charts are cloud based so it is not possible to have a free one like the airac.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The charts subscription is worth it in any case just to avoid frantically Googling charts only to find 10-year-old PDFs.

Alex Pugh

Edited by Chapstick
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

The charts subscription is worth it in any case just to avoid frantically Googling charts only to find 10-year-old PDFs.

I can confirm this, definitely worth the price, especially when flying online

Posted (edited)

Looks promising! Can the pdf reader read any pdf's? Because I personally use pdf charts. 

Also (and yes, I know this is still beta, but I better say it now than when it's too late): Will the yoke (removing the checklist and changing the geometry a bit) be fixed? And I also spotted the same bug/inaccuracy that is currently present in the -400, namely the wrong accu-break pressure reading (way too low). The parking brake still works but the reading doesn't make any sense.

Edited by serviceceiling

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

You need to have charts subscription which is not the same as the Airac. Navigraph charts are cloud based so it is not possible to have a free one like the airac.

Will the EFB provide a "moving map" feature?  As this is possible with Navigraph and Simlink.