Aaron Kim

Im SOOOOO sad! ;(

Recommended Posts

The QualityWings 787 Collection released for P3D, but no support for v3!!!!

I bought the 787 for FSX and it was good, but I used P3D v3.

So, I didn't fly the 787 much. And when I heard that P3D support was coming, I was excited.

Now, fast forward some months, P3D support came a few days ago.

BUT, it's for v4.

I was so disappointed.

But why not just get P3D v4???

Becuase, the FsLabs A320 and the LSH Maddog Md-80X you HAVE to purchase again for support v4.

I was so bummed out because I not only have to purchase the 787 again, now I have to spend over $200 for 2 addons I already have.

That's like if Call Of duty only supported the first XBOX and XBOX 1, but they skipped support for the XBOX 360.

Im now so sad ;(

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, best advise I can give is to take a "happy Pill" and fly what you got.  Does the 787 work at all in your V3?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

It was no secret from the very beginning that it would only be available in two version, FSX and P3Dv4.

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

You could keep V3 installed and have V4 for the 787. Orbx, Flytampa and a couple other scenery developers products work with both on the same system no problem so no additional cost for those. It kind of sucks but it is what it is. At least it's not like back in 2010 when we thought flight simming would die out.

Share this post


Link to post

I really don't know what to think about the Original Post in this thread.  The difference between FSX:SE and P3DV3 is really small... nothing that really makes a difference.  If the choice was between V3 and FSX:SE, I'd have just stuck with FSX:SE.... not compatibility issues with past software.

So, FSX:SE or P3Dv4. Certainly the developers know this.

 

Best wishes!

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

It was no secret from the very beginning that it would only be available in two version, FSX and P3Dv4.

Yeah, but again as Dave said, the difference is quite small between FSX:SE and P3D v3, but as you know, when you try to install the 787 into P3D v3, the gauges would crash on startup. I heard that QW did this on purpose probably because they don’t want P3D v3 to get a 787 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

QW has some compatibility problems with their aircrafts. Their 757, only supports FSX and FSX:SE and while P3D is kinda working, they don’t support v3 or v4. With their 787, they skipped simulator that’s still in use. With their BAe 146, well, I never owned the product, so I can’t say anything about it.

i guess it’s not a “problem” because I think it was done on purpose.

Edited by Aaron Kim

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

You could keep V3 installed and have V4 for the 787. Orbx, Flytampa and a couple other scenery developers products work with both on the same system no problem so no additional cost for those. It kind of sucks but it is what it is. At least it's not like back in 2010 when we thought flight simming would die out.

I guess I can do that, but I’ll have to buy an extra hard drive cause my stock HDD is loosing some space. So I’ll end up spending even MORE money just for an addon that was only supposed to cost $70.

Share this post


Link to post

You'll spend extra money, but you won't be sorry.  P3Dv4.2 is awesome and blows old 32bit jalopies away.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

You'll spend extra money, but you won't be sorry.  P3Dv4.2 is awesome and blows old 32bit jalopies away.

💸💸💸💸💸🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😥😥😥😥😥

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2018 at 10:53 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I really don't know what to think about the Original Post in this thread.  The difference between FSX:SE and P3DV3 is really small... nothing that really makes a difference.  If the choice was between V3 and FSX:SE, I'd have just stuck with FSX:SE.... not compatibility issues with past software.

So, FSX:SE or P3Dv4. Certainly the developers know this.

 

Best wishes!

 

Small? FSX:SE is DirectX 9 complaint.

P3Dv3 is Direct X 11 (no DirectX 9 support)

P3Dv3 is miles ahead of FSX Gold

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

That is life. You can't exactly get what and how you want it. So you make some decisions and adapt. Absolutely not of any use to worry about what you can't get. Use what you already have. There is apparently no answer to your dilemma. So strap into your current cockpit and hit the runway.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

@Aaron Kim

You'd be better off just taking the jump to P3Dv4 and 64-bit. More and more developers are understandably dumping the legacy platforms and ending 32-bit support. This leads to new innovative features and more advanced addons.

I'm glad, that QualityWings didn't waste time, in trying to convert the 787 to P3Dv3 but instead went directly to P3Dv4.

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The downside is many are to far invested add on wise to dump v3 and start over with v4 given many v3 add-ons aren't supported in v4.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

This is the price for progression and development. I still have P3DV3 installed for one particular aircraft that is not compatible with V4. For everything else I use V4 and XP11. I would skip the 32bit platforms as soon as practical. They are dinosaurs.

Edited by Cargostorm
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now