Benjamin J

CS757 III v1.1 released

Recommended Posts

Hey all,

Just a heads up that v1.1 of the CS757 III for P3Dv4 was just released!

I personally have been wanting to get this addon for a while now, primarily to use it as my freighter of choice with FSDT's KMEM and KSDF sceneries. While I know that the freighter expansion hasn't been released yet, I'd be quite interested in getting the base 752 now - depending on how good the plane is now that v1.1 was released. And so, I was hoping some of you that already have this plane could shed some light on how good the addon is, now that it was updated to v1.1? I'm really not looking for a PMDG-type plane, but I do want the functions that were modeled to work properly. Overall, how immersive is this addon?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm also curious to hear the feedback on this patch.

Share this post


Link to post

+1

btw, Benjamin, might be a good idea to change the title from CD757 to CS757 :wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

+1

btw, Benjamin, might be a good idea to change the title from CD757 to CS757 :wink:

 

Oof, such a silly mistake -.- Unfortunately I can't, unless a moderator could kindly step in...? 😇

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I have had this on the shelf ever since it was released. Testing it out right now but I've already have had some weird LNAV waypoint behavior. Performance seems to be much better though.

Having VNAV issues too. The plane ascended fine and then when it reached cruise altitude, the speed plummeted for no reason in VNAV mode even though is shows an ECON SPD of mach 0.779.

Yup already found a major bug.

If you enter a jetway route in the FMC the correct speed/altitude does NOT get assigned by the FMC's VNAV calculations. The result is the jetway waypoints default to a speed of 210 kts. You can manually override these speeds in the FMC but this is a major bug of a very basic feature! Should have been caught in beta testing!

Edited by JasonPC

Share this post


Link to post

Hm, well that's disappointing. Fortunately I don't use VNAV that much, typically using FLCH and V/S, but if LNAV has issues, that's a different story. A thought though: the instructions of the update said to uninstall the old version and then reinstall v1.1 rather than installing over the old version. Not to say you didn't do that, but just making sure 🙂 I really want this plane to be good... I love the 757/767 cockpit and really miss flying it! If only a P3Dv4-compatible LDS767 suddenly appeared...

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I followed the instructions by uninstalling first.

The LNAV issue seems to be that the map doesn't update the magenta line for the current waypoint should you update it in the FMC. But the plane seems to follow the updated waypoint anyway. It just doesn't work like it should. Maybe if you followed a route exactly as typed in from the ground start to finish it would work right, but we all know modifications to routes in the air happen.

Someone on the CS forum says the VNAV problems can be solved by entering a STAR and arrival runway into the flight plan. But still this doesn't behave like the real thing. VNAV should work without a star and runway pre-selected.

Edited by JasonPC

Share this post


Link to post

Well that's disappointing, both on the VNAV and LNAV. Though I tend to fly with default ATC so I don't change my route to often 'on the fly', so perhaps I wouldn't run into that issue. But for the times I did, not sure I want to risk being stuck without the changed route being displayed proparly. I guess the wait continues for now...

Curious to hear what other people have to say?

Share this post


Link to post

You know, between this and the other recent release, it's really quite disappointing in the state these products are released. Very bloody disappointing. I was very excited to buy this once version 1.1 came out and now we get these reports. I mean, bloody hell, how can these basic LNAV/VNAV functions not work. It's not like the above users are trying to fly using obscure, never used methods. The beta process is just a mess. Guess I'll pass on this, again. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I wish there was a good 757 sim on the market.  Still my favorite airliner.  No offense to anyone's hard work but how is this $75?

Edited by TechguyMaxC
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yet again very disappointing to read on a plane that I have always liked and like Benjamin would enjoy it as a fighter.

Share this post


Link to post

I share your all's disappointment. I'm trying, however, to consider the fact we have heard only two reports so far (one here, another one on the CS forums) - they are consistent with each other, but still, an n of 2 is not quite enough to make a convincing argument just yet. Not keeping my hopes up, but perhaps better news will still reach us..?

Share this post


Link to post

Others are reporting issues with EPR dropping when using derate and VNAV ignoring altitude/speed constraints. Really disappointing because I really think this addon has potential, but it should have not been released in its current state. I don't know how these issues weren't addressed.

Share this post


Link to post

I find the a/c quite enjoyable and flyable. It is NOT perfect, it IS software after all but it it more than just acceptable. Unless you are a purist counting every rivet, you will enjoy flying this. Like real a/c, thi9ngs go wrong - deal with them and fly the a/c. I've had several flights where the VNAV worked as expected and several where it didn't. On those, I just took over manually. Visually it's very well done and it handles well.

All in all, I consider it a good purchase.

Vic

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Thank heavens I came across this thread. Had an old FSX version which I just shelved and have not been anywhere again near CS products. Having followed the brickbats thrown at them over the years, I thought with the OP's title, this might be a tempter. Not now as I see CS has really not gone any further forwards.

Saved me a buy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

One good thing is CS support seems to be listening and trying to address bugs. They claim to have already have a fix for my VNAV problem.

Like I said I think this has potential and is much different from other Captain Sim products.

Edited by JasonPC

Share this post


Link to post

Im not one for posting in forums but since I purchased this aircraft I have been really disappointed.My first reaction was to uninstall it after my first flight it was so buggy, but then I found out there was to be an update to v1.1 which would address a lot of issues. I couldn't wait for the update to be released but after installing the update im pretty gutted to be honest. yes some issues have been fixed/improved but to me it still feels broken. Im sorry to say that because im crying out for a realistic 757 and I was hoping this would be it but its not in my opinion.

 

Keith

Share this post


Link to post

I'll step in as a new user (I've waited for v1.1 before purchase).

I don't use the VNAV function as I mostly use Radar Contact as my ATC program.

However I do encounter major auto-throttle issues (which I've posted in CS forum as well) - I was wondering if anyone is encountering the below issues?

1. The throttle levers jump back and forth when climbing in FLCH mode (quickly, very unrealistic)
2. Auto-throttle and VS mode - when descending using VS mode and using SPD mode when reducing the speed to be maintained during the descend the auto-throttle can not maintain idle thrust - and jumps instantly to max thrust (and back to idle vice versa...) never managing to reduce the thrust to maintain the desired airspeed

Generally I am enjoying the aircraft but I don't think it is yet at a point where is is worth 75$.

My 2 cents

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi guys!

You're lucky if you succeeded to install V1.1! I uninstalled the previous version, deleted the  remaining files in P3D, installed the new 1.1 following CaptainSim indications(I mean deactivating the anti-virus, mine is Windows native)but this time the landing gear is not showing! I uninstalled this V1.1, reinstalled the last working version and now the landing is down! What is this mess? I have to report this at CS, but anyway this is very disappointing!

Regards

Pat

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I found the explanation on CaptainSim forum which is this version is only P3DV4.2 compatible(Mine is V4.1, I reverted back to this one because I could not use the radios with V4.2)

Cheers

Pat

Edited by Pat Mussotte

Share this post


Link to post

I purchased it when it was first released and now happy with the latest patch.  I have enjoyed products from Captain Sim over the years.  Of course, there will be naysayers and then those, like me, who like this aircraft and the modelling.  It is impossible to satisfy some and those individuals should definitely stay away from flight simulation as, IMHO, they expect way too much!  Thousands will continue to buy products like this and enjoy it.  Some others will continue to try to damage the developer's reputation and business by making it look like they are the experts (why are they not developing something for us?) and they are here to save the community from developers like Captain Sim (a developer who has developed many outstanding products over the years).  We should all sit back and take a deep breath.  IMHO, this is one of the developer's best products and you can see they are trying to fix things that... well, need fixing.  If it doesn't require fixing as suggested by some, they will not fix it.  Will it ever get to being a perfect product?  I doubt it.  I have yet to have seen a perfect aircraft simulation because, if it is perfect in your eyes, some others will make sure it is not perfect in their eyes.  Some things just cannot be simulated properly and, if they can, then those who know, should be contacting the developer and letting him know so he can implement it in the next update (which we already know for a fact, will not be perfect and the developer will have to go back to the drawing board). 

My two-cents worth!  My thanks to all of the developers who do the best they can developing flight simulation products for our enjoyment and education. 

Best regards,

Jim

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I purchased it when it was first released and now happy with the latest patch. [...]  IMHO, this is one of the developer's best products and you can see they are trying to fix things that... well, need fixing. 

Thanks for your contribution Jim! Good to hear that you're happy with the patch. I was wondering if you could shed light on the issues that you think still need to be fixed? A/T jumping back and forth and the magenta route line not adapting to changes made in the FMC are  the type of thing that will probably stop me from getting the plane right now, and I might just hold of until the actual freighter model is released, which is the reason for me to get this plane in the first place. Did you see the same type of problems, or did you notice anything extra perhaps?

To others trying out the patch, I was wondering if you could include a general feeling towards this plane? The problem with this type of thread is that it very quickly amounts to a list of bugs, and what is drowned out is the overall experience and enjoyment that people may or may not get out of the plane. So, how are you liking the plane overall? Through the cracks, I do get a vague feeling that there's more people out there that like this plane rather than not... is that correct...?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

It is impossible to satisfy some and those individuals should definitely stay away from flight simulation as, IMHO, they expect way too much!  Thousands will continue to buy products like this and enjoy it.  Some others will continue to try to damage the developer's reputation and business by making it look like they are the experts (why are they not developing something for us?) and they are here to save the community from developers like Captain Sim (a developer who has developed many outstanding products over the years).  We should all sit back and take a deep breath.  IMHO, this is one of the developer's best products and you can see they are trying to fix things that... well, need fixing.  If it doesn't require fixing as suggested by some, they will not fix it.  Will it ever get to being a perfect product?  I doubt it.  I have yet to have seen a perfect aircraft simulation because, if it is perfect in your eyes, some others will make sure it is not perfect in their eyes.  Some things just cannot be simulated properly and, if they can, then those who know, should be contacting the developer and letting him know so he can implement it in the next update (which we already know for a fact, will not be perfect and the developer will have to go back to the drawing board). 

 

 

Asking for very commonly used autopilot functions to work correctly is not expecting to much. If you feel that both of those are unnecessary in a 75 dollar addon then I would submit to you your standards are very low compared to others.. Nobody in here has asked for in-depth stuff similar to PMDG. But working basic autopilot features, ya, we very well have a right to expect that at that price point. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

A/T jumping back and forth and the magenta route line not adapting to changes made in the FMC

I did not see this during my just completed flight from KLAX to KSFO.  Like normal simulator piloting, I just entered a SID/STAR, activated weather, and took off and landed.  No problems.  ATC did not tell me to change or enter another waypoint in the flightplan during the flight.  I enjoyed it all.  I do not know if this is new but during pushback at KLAX, the vibrations of the tug caused the VC to shake a little.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shomron said:

I'll step in as a new user (I've waited for v1.1 before purchase).

I don't use the VNAV function as I mostly use Radar Contact as my ATC program.

However I do encounter major auto-throttle issues (which I've posted in CS forum as well) - I was wondering if anyone is encountering the below issues?

1. The throttle levers jump back and forth when climbing in FLCH mode (quickly, very unrealistic)
2. Auto-throttle and VS mode - when descending using VS mode and using SPD mode when reducing the speed to be maintained during the descend the auto-throttle can not maintain idle thrust - and jumps instantly to max thrust (and back to idle vice versa...) never managing to reduce the thrust to maintain the desired airspeed

Generally I am enjoying the aircraft but I don't think it is yet at a point where is is worth 75$.

My 2 cents

 

Hey Shomron,

it occurred to me that the A/T behavior you are seeing may be caused by signal noise from a peripheral throttle lever. Next time it happens, you could try disconnecting the lever and see if the behavior persists? Even if that means unplugging the joystick etc, for testing purposes. If the behavior continues, something might be up with the plane, otherwise your lever is probably dying...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now