aldridgem

Installation process P3Dv4.1 to P3Dv4.3?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Just a general question on making client and content updates to P3Dv4.

Since v4.3 has been announced it will be on its way soon and currently I am using v4.1 , is it possible to make the update/jump directly to v4.3 when it becomes available or does the LM installer depend upon have the previous minor revision installed?

 

Thanks
Mark

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can update the client / content / scenery part directly from 4.1 to 4.3.  You do not need to have 4.2 installed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Uninstall the 4.1 client (selecting "no" when it asks you do you want to deactivate your licence).

Then install the 4.3 client. It really is that simple. (You can follow the same steps if you want to update the content and scenery, but these updates are optional).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thx guys.

Much appreciated.

Regards
Mark

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, nealmac said:

Uninstall the 4.1 client (selecting "no" when it asks you do you want to deactivate your licence).

Then install the 4.3 client. It really is that simple. (You can follow the same steps if you want to update the content and scenery, but these updates are optional).

 

How do you uninstall a client? Or do I even need to do that? When I went from 4.1 to 4.2 I did a complete uninstall of my P3D and then did a fresh install of 4.2 since I did not have a lot of stuff installed at the time. I am most likely not going to do that when 4.3 comes out because I have a lot more stuff installed.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

 

How do you uninstall a client? Or do I even need to do that? When I went from 4.1 to 4.2 I did a complete uninstall of my P3D and then did a fresh install of 4.2 since I did not have a lot of stuff installed at the time. I am most likely not going to do that when 4.3 comes out because I have a lot more stuff installed.

In your control panel, you will see a few different instances of Prepar3d. You will see the min P3D installation, along with client, content and scenery. Just click on the one labelled "client", and uninstall it. See image below:

35160873551_d5266e8e6f_o.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, nealmac said:

In your control panel, you will see a few different instances of Prepar3d. You will see the min P3D installation, along with client, content and scenery. Just click on the one labelled "client", and uninstall it. See image below:

35160873551_d5266e8e6f_o.png

 

 

Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post

I believe Rob also recommends to backup the Config and delete the old one and delete the contents of the shadier folder, before you install the new Client and let it rebuild the config and shadier folder.    

Share this post


Link to post

I too skipped the 4.2 upgrade - mostly due to not being sure of the process.

What are the disadvantages of updating content and scenery.

I have most of OrbX, Uk2000 EGBB and Drzewiecki Design New York City so do I need to uninstall those before uninstalling and updating scenery ?

likewise A2A Cherokee, Milviz Beaver, PMDG 737 and FSL A320. Do I need to go thru the same process of uninstalling those first ? (I need to update the Airbus anyway as it hasn’t stolen enough of my passwords yet) 

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, TMorel said:

ikewise A2A Cherokee, Milviz Beaver, PMDG 737 and FSL A320. Do I need to go thru the same process of uninstalling those first ?

No, that's the beauty of the Client only install/uninstall.  Replacing the 'Client' only does not interfere with your scenery installations or your aircraft installations.  I rarely update the scenery and content unless I do a full install.

Share this post


Link to post

do we have a rough estimate date of the new patch.  sorry if its been answered before

Share this post


Link to post

They said ‘end of June’

Share this post


Link to post

Cheers Erich

Share this post


Link to post

More information about uninstalling P3D and upgrading and installing just the client and how to uninstall the client in the P3D Tips and Tricks Forum.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now