Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Cape Town (FACT) finally getting some FSDG love

https://fselite.net/category/news/

Really happy about this.  I recommned the Aeroworx Africa mesh scenery (found in the  Avsim library) which is the only package that  provides an accurate representation of Table Mountain.  

Interested to know what 'Lite' means in this case, as there isn't really that much to Cape Town airport - relatively speaking.

LITE just means that the area surrounding the airport will get almost no treatment. It will be the airport and that's it. I have the Dakar LITE and it is really nice. The groundpolys are a little basic but overall it is great value for the money.

• Like 1

David Hilker
Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi)

3 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

LITE just means that the area surrounding the airport will get almost no treatment. It will be the airport and that's it. I have the Dakar LITE and it is really nice. The groundpolys are a little basic but overall it is great value for the money.

That makes sense.  Aeroworx provide good renditions of the Cape Town surrounds as they have their own SA landclass and bespoke CT city scenery.  It's FSX scenery but it works quite well. 

I am very happy with the NMG FACT scenery, but then it is not one of my regular destinations.😉

• Like 1

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

47 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I am very happy with the NMG FACT scenery, but then it is not one of my regular destinations.😉

Why people keep saying this? I can't see any difference between a default scenery and a NMG scenery. I wouldn't download it if it was for free.

David Hilker
Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi)

23 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

Why people keep saying this? I can't see any difference between a default scenery and a NMG scenery. I wouldn't download it if it was for free.

I imagine that people are desperate for anything above default scenery for an iconic location. Like you, I wouldn't touch NMG stuff with a bargepole.

So that's FSDG and new developer South World Scenery both working on Cape Town. Very glad to see yet more scenery developed for Africa and be able to have a choice.

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO) / Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 / ASUS GTX 1070 O8G / 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz / triple monitor

P3Dv5 HF1 + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + ASP3D (beta) + ChasePlane + WIN 10 Pro
QW 757 787 / AS A32x A330 / MJC Dash 8 / A2A PA-28 / JF C152 / PA A380 / PMDG 737NGX  777 / FT E-Jets v2

Just on Simviation..

Cape Town International Airport (FACT) FOR FSX_SP2. If it will work with P3D, I do not know but you are free to try. This scenery of FACT contains many of the buildings/hangers located at the airport. These buildings are my own custom models. The other buildings/objects are stock FSX. Simon Smieiman

Simon does great work.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Great news. I have mentioned many times that this area is largely "untapped" in the flight sim community and those developers jumping in first will reap the rewards. Finally, a world is emerging outside of USA, Europe (Is there such place out there?😋).

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v4 / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Just on Simviation..

Cape Town International Airport (FACT) FOR FSX_SP2. If it will work with P3D, I do not know but you are free to try. This scenery of FACT contains many of the buildings/hangers located at the airport. These buildings are my own custom models. The other buildings/objects are stock FSX. Simon Smieiman

Simon does great work.

There is no doubting that.  I've love and Nico's work for years.  But it's time to move on to a much more realistic looking scenery objects and ground textures.   

If it's a 'LITE' version, then FSDG are unlikely to charge more than £10 for it - and it will look superb.  NMG scenery is about £17.. 

Take a look at FSDG's Bangalore scenery.  About equivalent to the size of CT and it looks amazing.   

Erich, the file on Simviation is not Nico's, but Simon Smeiman's.

I far prefer supporting freeware developers. Nico? Well, another story for another time.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Very happy with FSDG latest developments too 🙂  In case FSDG read this, I hope they give the best treatment on these sceneries (I especially hope for Rhodes and Cape Town). The reason is that I have seen some degradation in apron details and ground textures realism on their latest releases. Having many of their sceneries I have noticed that sceneries like Thessaloniki, Heraklion, Nuuk, Graz, Kastelorizo and Reunion had extreme level or realism and detail. However after Reunion, starting with Mauritius and until their latest Dakar(I know this was LITE), I have noticed that apron objects and apron ground textures/polygons are very simplistic and thus have been a bit disappointing. Even if I am very happy with their release timescales, and really hope to get these as soon as possible, I hope that they will keep the bar as high as in their first releases, cause they have proved how capable they are in producing stunning sceneries. My comment is intended and should received as a constructive feedback 🙂 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

Prepar3D v5 | X-Plane 11 | DCS  World  
Dell U3417W | Intel i7 7700K msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio | Gigabyte Z170X  Gaming 7 | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | 2 x Samsung 860 EVO
1TB | WD 6TB  Caviar BLack | Corsair RM1000i | Corsair H115i Platinum | Virpil VPC WarBRD Base | Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50CM Grip | Thrustmaster F/A-18C Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog A-10C Grip | Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50 Throttle | Monstertech Table Mounts | Virtual Fly TQ6+ Throttle Quadrant  |  Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | 
Fleet                                                                                                                                                       

Very happy with FSDG's decision, hopefully it will als cause NMG to put some effort into their scenery as at the moment would not touch their products if it was freeware. 

Steve Whiterod

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1394

capt_b747.png

On 6/22/2018 at 7:54 AM, ErichB said:

https://fselite.net/category/news/

Really happy about this.  I recommned the Aeroworx Africa mesh scenery (found in the  Avsim library) which is the only package that  provides an accurate representation of Table Mountain.  

Interested to know what 'Lite' means in this case, as there isn't really that much to Cape Town airport - relatively speaking.

Hi Erich, 

I’m interested in trying out the Aeroworx scenery, can you confirm if it works in V4? 

Many thanks, 

Jonathan.

- Jonathan Daley

8 hours ago, Jonathan93102 said:

Hi Erich, 

I’m interested in trying out the Aeroworx scenery, can you confirm if it works in V4? 

Many thanks, 

Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,

I have it installed in V4 - I install outside of the sim and add it, 

Aeroworx also do a landclass for South Africa which I also have installed.  Works well.