ErichB

Cape Town (FACT) finally getting some FSDG love

https://fselite.net/category/news/

Really happy about this.  I recommned the Aeroworx Africa mesh scenery (found in the  Avsim library) which is the only package that  provides an accurate representation of Table Mountain.  

Interested to know what 'Lite' means in this case, as there isn't really that much to Cape Town airport - relatively speaking.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

LITE just means that the area surrounding the airport will get almost no treatment. It will be the airport and that's it. I have the Dakar LITE and it is really nice. The groundpolys are a little basic but overall it is great value for the money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

LITE just means that the area surrounding the airport will get almost no treatment. It will be the airport and that's it. I have the Dakar LITE and it is really nice. The groundpolys are a little basic but overall it is great value for the money.

That makes sense.  Aeroworx provide good renditions of the Cape Town surrounds as they have their own SA landclass and bespoke CT city scenery.  It's FSX scenery but it works quite well. 

I am very happy with the NMG FACT scenery, but then it is not one of my regular destinations.😉

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I am very happy with the NMG FACT scenery, but then it is not one of my regular destinations.😉

Why people keep saying this? I can't see any difference between a default scenery and a NMG scenery. I wouldn't download it if it was for free.

23 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

Why people keep saying this? I can't see any difference between a default scenery and a NMG scenery. I wouldn't download it if it was for free.

I imagine that people are desperate for anything above default scenery for an iconic location. Like you, I wouldn't touch NMG stuff with a bargepole.

So that's FSDG and new developer South World Scenery both working on Cape Town. Very glad to see yet more scenery developed for Africa and be able to have a choice.

Just on Simviation..

Cape Town International Airport (FACT) FOR FSX_SP2. If it will work with P3D, I do not know but you are free to try. This scenery of FACT contains many of the buildings/hangers located at the airport. These buildings are my own custom models. The other buildings/objects are stock FSX. Simon Smieiman

Simon does great work.

Great news. I have mentioned many times that this area is largely "untapped" in the flight sim community and those developers jumping in first will reap the rewards. Finally, a world is emerging outside of USA, Europe (Is there such place out there?😋).

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Just on Simviation..

Cape Town International Airport (FACT) FOR FSX_SP2. If it will work with P3D, I do not know but you are free to try. This scenery of FACT contains many of the buildings/hangers located at the airport. These buildings are my own custom models. The other buildings/objects are stock FSX. Simon Smieiman

Simon does great work.

There is no doubting that.  I've love and Nico's work for years.  But it's time to move on to a much more realistic looking scenery objects and ground textures.   

If it's a 'LITE' version, then FSDG are unlikely to charge more than £10 for it - and it will look superb.  NMG scenery is about £17.. 

Take a look at FSDG's Bangalore scenery.  About equivalent to the size of CT and it looks amazing.   

Erich, the file on Simviation is not Nico's, but Simon Smeiman's.

I far prefer supporting freeware developers. Nico? Well, another story for another time.

Posted (edited)

Very happy with FSDG latest developments too 🙂  In case FSDG read this, I hope they give the best treatment on these sceneries (I especially hope for Rhodes and Cape Town). The reason is that I have seen some degradation in apron details and ground textures realism on their latest releases. Having many of their sceneries I have noticed that sceneries like Thessaloniki, Heraklion, Nuuk, Graz, Kastelorizo and Reunion had extreme level or realism and detail. However after Reunion, starting with Mauritius and until their latest Dakar(I know this was LITE), I have noticed that apron objects and apron ground textures/polygons are very simplistic and thus have been a bit disappointing. Even if I am very happy with their release timescales, and really hope to get these as soon as possible, I hope that they will keep the bar as high as in their first releases, cause they have proved how capable they are in producing stunning sceneries. My comment is intended and should received as a constructive feedback 🙂 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

Very happy with FSDG's decision, hopefully it will als cause NMG to put some effort into their scenery as at the moment would not touch their products if it was freeware. 

On 6/22/2018 at 7:54 AM, ErichB said:

https://fselite.net/category/news/

Really happy about this.  I recommned the Aeroworx Africa mesh scenery (found in the  Avsim library) which is the only package that  provides an accurate representation of Table Mountain.  

Interested to know what 'Lite' means in this case, as there isn't really that much to Cape Town airport - relatively speaking.

Hi Erich, 

I’m interested in trying out the Aeroworx scenery, can you confirm if it works in V4? 

Many thanks, 

Jonathan.

8 hours ago, Jonathan93102 said:

Hi Erich, 

I’m interested in trying out the Aeroworx scenery, can you confirm if it works in V4? 

Many thanks, 

Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,

I have it installed in V4 - I install outside of the sim and add it, 

Aeroworx also do a landclass for South Africa which I also have installed.  Works well. 

53 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Hi Jonathan,

I have it installed in V4 - I install outside of the sim and add it, 

Aeroworx also do a landclass for South Africa which I also have installed.  Works well. 

Thanks for that, I’ll definitley get it installed over the next few days. I notice the scenery is uploaded to the library in parts, I take it you install each part one at a time and layer it up? I also install all non compatible things outside of the sim, it works well. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan

Just do the usual Readme's & you will be good to go. 

32 minutes ago, Jonathan93102 said:

I notice the scenery is uploaded to the library in parts, 

Yh, it's a bit awkward, but they did mesh for the whole of Africa, so you have to decide on the bits you want.  Installation is also a bit of a fiddle as the downloaded files have their own installers, so just install to an external folder and add it.

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Have a look at http://triengtrieng.webs.com/apps/links/

For even more free scenery that is compatible with Aeroworx

22 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Yh, it's a bit awkward, but they did mesh for the whole of Africa, so you have to decide on the bits you want.  Installation is also a bit of a fiddle as the downloaded files have their own installers, so just install to an external folder and add it.

Thanks for the information, I’ll try my best to get it working without any issues, that’s half the fun hah. I suppose Table Top Mountain will be included in it somewhere? Also the Land Class would go fellow all the other terrain features. 

Thanks for the help, 

Jonathan

8 minutes ago, Jonathan93102 said:

I suppose Table Top Mountain will be included in it somewhere?

604 is the mesh you want which covers the Cape Town region (i think) .  Apart from the southern Cape Pensinsula (which seems a bit flat), Table Mountain is well modelled.

9 hours ago, ErichB said:

604 is the mesh you want which covers the Cape Town region (i think) .  Apart from the southern Cape Pensinsula (which seems a bit flat), Table Mountain is well modelled.

I just thought I’d let you know I’ve instslled the Mesh for the Cape Town area and it is very nice. I’m impressed, it really makes flying look much nicer in that region having some nice scenery. Thanks for the info, I’m now looking forward to the release of FSDG FACT. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jonathan93102 said:

I just thought I’d let you know I’ve instslled the Mesh for the Cape Town area and it is very nice. I’m impressed, it really makes flying look much nicer in that region having some nice scenery. Thanks for the info, I’m now looking forward to the release of FSDG FACT. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan. 

Great.

Look for the Aeroworx scenery that covers coastlines and also the Aeroworx Landclass and vector files.  You'll get some of the Cape beaches and some more defining features in the Cape area.