Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

This blank strips are caused, at least in my case, when merging the bgl's from each tile folders in a new one. Just try to follow this procedure, start copying from left to right and down to up, and overrite files when asked. If you have four tiles and merge in a new folder this four tiles it will be coincident bgls, and surely you will receive a message asking for replace this bgls. 

Think that your first tile scenery folder needs to be the lower one begining from the left, later in the same longitude the easter one, then copy the upper one from the left, and next the easter one. Yolu will have to replace the files copied following this rule. South west ---> south east North West ---> North East tiles. You can check your merging bgls loading them with tmf viewer. 

Hope that help

hellow every one, just wonder if any one could help me here, im running the exec file, everything works perfect, the resample takes for ever about 2 hours per tile, but i can live with that. The only problem for me is that i am getting a 17 GB for a singel tile with ZL 16, just wondering if i need to change a parameter in the cfg file, it feels a bit to much 17 GB for a z16

thanks for your time and help

//Gustavo

It seems the "SE2" source no longer work under Providers/Sweden. I know Lantmateriet have updated their charts in recent time so that may be the reason.

I get an error when SceneProc runs: "More batch variables provided than expected, only 1 will be used."

Is this anything to worry about? Does it affect what autogen gets placed?

Edited by euroau

Autogen and Night Texture Failures.

Good day, I'm having trouble with the above mentioned. I am running the.exe version. I don't speak python 🙂 so could not get it to work with all the dependencies installed.

Texture:

There are no textures created in the textures folder. The resample is showingit'st running the scripts for the additional textures with no errors.

Autogen:

I get this error

'C:\\MSFS\\FS Design Tools\\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master\\Orthophotos\\-30+030\\-27+032\\BI_16\\ADDON_SCENERY\\texture'] failed: [WinError 740] The requested operation requires elevation.

It does download the elevation data as below:

FSX/P3D building requires both the tile and mask zooms to equal. Setting the mask zoom to the tile zoom of 16
Batch build launched for a number of 2 tiles.
Dealing with tile  1 / 2 : -27+032

Step 1 : Building vector data for tile -27+032 :
--------

Downloading OSM data for ScenProc, this might take some time, please wait...
If OSM server rejects our request due to too many requests, will keep trying until successful.
Attempting to download OSM data from -27, 32 to -26.75, 32.25
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.75, 32 to -26.5, 32.25
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.5, 32 to -26.25, 32.25
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 2 sec...
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.25, 32 to -26.0, 32.25
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -27, 32.25 to -26.75, 32.5
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.75, 32.25 to -26.5, 32.5
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.5, 32.25 to -26.25, 32.5
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.25, 32.25 to -26.0, 32.5
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -27, 32.5 to -26.75, 32.75
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.75, 32.5 to -26.5, 32.75
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.5, 32.5 to -26.25, 32.75
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.25, 32.5 to -26.0, 32.75
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -27, 32.75 to -26.75, 33.0
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.75, 32.75 to -26.5, 33.0
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.5, 32.75 to -26.25, 33.0
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -26.25, 32.75 to -26.0, 33.0
Download successful
-> Dealing with airports
    * Downloading OSM data for ('node["aeroway"]', 'way["aeroway"]', 'rel["aeroway"]')
        OSM server DE rejected our query, new tentative in 2 sec...
   FANO   Ndumo                                                        1 runway , lat= -26.93, lon= 32.25
   ****   Aeródromo Bananalândia                                       1 runway , lat= -26.05, lon= 32.28
   ****   Ponta do Ouro Airport                                        2 runways, lat= -26.83, lon= 32.84
   ****   ****                                                         1 runway , lat= -26.75, lon= 32.32
   ****   ****                                                         1 runway , lat= -26.51, lon= 32.72
   ****   ****                                                         1 runway , lat= -26.80, lon= 32.88
   ****   ****                                                         1 runway , lat= -26.00, lon= 32.93
   ****   ****                                                         1 runway , lat= -26.20, lon= 32.94
   Loading elevation data and smoothing it over airports.
    Downloading  ..\Elevation_data\-30+030\S27E032.hgt from Viewfinderpanoramas (J. de Ferranti).
    * Min altitude: -29.0 , Max altitude: 717.0 , Mean: 88.48753
   Auto-patched 9 runways and 2 pieces of taxiway.
   Flattened 1 helipads.
   Number of edges at this point: 1971
-> Dealing with roads
    * Downloading OSM data for way["highway"="motorway"]
    * Downloading OSM data for way["highway"="trunk"]
    * Downloading OSM data for way["highway"="primary"]
    * Downloading OSM data for way["highway"="secondary"]
    * Downloading OSM data for way["railway"="rail"]
    * Downloading OSM data for way["railway"="narrow_gauge"]
    * Checking which large roads need levelling.
    * Buffering banked road network as multipolygon.
      Encoding it.
    * Encoding the remaining primary road network as linestrings.
   Number of edges at this point: 7343
-> Dealing with coastline
    * Downloading OSM data for way["natural"="coastline"]
    * Encoding coastline.
    * Reconstructing its topology.
      Found  4 contiguous patch(es).
   Number of edges at this point: 11095
-> Dealing with inland water
    * Downloading OSM data for rel["natural"="water"]
    * Downloading OSM data for rel["waterway"="riverbank"]
    * Downloading OSM data for way["natural"="water"]
    * Downloading OSM data for way["waterway"="riverbank"]
    * Downloading OSM data for way["waterway"="dock"]
    * Building water multipolygon.
      Cleaning it.
      Encoding it.
   Number of edges at this point: 36852
-> Inserting edges related to the orthophotos grid
-> Inserting additional boundary edges for gluing
-> Transcription to the files  ..\Tiles\zOrtho4XP_-27+032\Data-27+032.poly and .node

Final number of constrained edges : 46091

Completed in 5m59sec.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 2 : Building mesh for tile -27+032 :
--------

-> Modifying curv_tol weight map according to runway locations.
-> Modifying curv_tol weight map according to coastline location.
    * Recycling OSM data from ..\OSM_data\-30+030\-27+032\-27+032_coastline.osm.bz2
-> Start of the mesh algorithm Triangle4XP.
   Loading altitudes from DEM file.
   Loading curv_tol geographic weights.
   Computing curvatures from altitudes.
   Constructing Delaunay triangulation by divide-and-conquer method.
   Recovering segments in Delaunay triangulation.
   Spreading regional attributes.
   Adding Steiner points to enforce quality.
   Computing altitude and normal maps.
   Node file ..\Tiles\zOrtho4XP_-27+032\Data-27+032.1.node written to disk.
   Tri file  ..\Tiles\zOrtho4XP_-27+032\Data-27+032.1.ele  written to disk.

Statistics:

Input vertices: 44927
   Input segments: 46091
   Input holes: 0

Mesh vertices: 108,404
                   -----------------
   Mesh triangles: ---> 208,529
                   -----------------
   Mesh edges: 316932
   Mesh exterior boundary edges: 8277
   Mesh interior boundary edges: 41802
   Mesh subsegments (constrained edges): 50079

-> Loading of the mesh computed by Triangle4XP.
-> Post processing of altitudes according to vector data
   Smoothing inland water.
   Smoothing of sea water.
   Treatment of airports, roads and patches.
-> Writing output nodes file.
-> Writing final mesh to the file ..\Tiles\zOrtho4XP_-27+032\Data-27+032.mesh

Completed in 6.48sec.

Please any assistance would be great

Thanks

Nelis

The thread has gotten kinda large.. Can someone point me to where the instructions are for doing the autogen with scenproc?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I would not waste any time with the autogen creation since simply no sufficient data exist with what Scenproc can works with. In every case even if you configure it perfectly you will have only some houses + almost 0 trees in large metropolitan areas. Its due to lack of data in Openstreetmap (yes even in cities like London).

The results with ORBX or custom airports with some terrain around are far better. Even stock P3D autogen is far superior than this.

But the Ortho4XP tool makes an awesome job if you just skip the autogen and render Tiles in ZL15 (best for speed + sharpness). In areas where you usually just flyover with at least 10.000 feet or higher it looks awesome. You cannot tell anymore from like 15.000 feet if the trees and houses are real or just a "flat earth".

It does also an awesome job when you create mountain regions like European Alps, Rocky Mountains, Grand Canyon... It looks then the same like in the trailers from Flight Simulator 2020. There is also of course always a down side, in many areas in the world are not really good Ortho data avaiable. The US is covered pretty well with Arc, BI and GO2, same with Europe. Even in large areas of Africa there is some good data from Arc and GO2 avaiable. Asia is a whole other story tho, most areas there have crappy Ortho coverage...

Yeah the problem is the osm data is not as populated as one would hoped. Classification takes time and the industry is only catching up now. Specially down here in "dark" africa 🙂 . So I ended up doing the autgen manually with other data which gives enough autgen coming in for a landing or departing, thats all that matters I suppose, like you said. Up at cruise, if that really is a tree or not doesn't make a difference really. 

10 hours ago, Nytro said:

I would not waste any time with the autogen creation since simply no sufficient data exist with what Scenproc can works with. In every case even if you configure it perfectly you will have only some houses + almost 0 trees in large metropolitan areas. Its due to lack of data in Openstreetmap (yes even in cities like London).

The results with ORBX or custom airports with some terrain around are far better. Even stock P3D autogen is far superior than this.

But the Ortho4XP tool makes an awesome job if you just skip the autogen and render Tiles in ZL15 (best for speed + sharpness). In areas where you usually just flyover with at least 10.000 feet or higher it looks awesome. You cannot tell anymore from like 15.000 feet if the trees and houses are real or just a "flat earth".

It does also an awesome job when you create mountain regions like European Alps, Rocky Mountains, Grand Canyon... It looks then the same like in the trailers from Flight Simulator 2020. There is also of course always a down side, in many areas in the world are not really good Ortho data avaiable. The US is covered pretty well with Arc, BI and GO2, same with Europe. Even in large areas of Africa there is some good data from Arc and GO2 avaiable. Asia is a whole other story tho, most areas there have crappy Ortho coverage...

Interesting, i just stumbled onto this youtube video from a few months ago:

On 8/20/2019 at 12:37 PM, fat######79 said:

I just wanted to post some of my results. I have to run 2 passes with ScenProc because I have multiple data sources for GIS, but I think it looks great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Syziz2pNU

Looks like they had some good results?  

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Has anyone compared the scenproc generated autogen with that of this product?

https://store.flightsim.com/product/nuvecta-landscapes-usa-pennsylvania-for-fsx-p3d/#prettyPhoto

On 7/10/2019 at 5:33 PM, kjjj11223344 said:

Yes, the default script doesn’t work if you copy and paste it into scenproc. You need to change the first line with @0@ (change the @0@ to the location of the OSM file you want to process). You need to do this for every osm file for your tile in the OSM_data folder. Also, change the @1@ to the output folder (ie the texture folder).

However, I don’t recommend running it manually as it is a lot of work. Please see my reply above this one for a possible workaround. Let me know if it helps.

Finally digging into this portion, but, is the replacing of the @o@ like this with the at symbols and no quotes or does it need quotes..?  This folder also has subfolders in it:

@P:\Program Files (x86)\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master\OSM_data\+40-080@ 

EDIT: i changed it to this style:

IMPORTOGR|P:\Program Files (x86)\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master\OSM_data\+40-090\+40-081\*|*|building;landuse;natural;leisure|NOREPROJ   (and afterwards no texture files are in the folder)

Same thing with @1@ is it like this :

@P:\Program Files (x86)\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master\Orthophotos\+40-080\BI_17\ADDON_SCENERY\texture\@

And this must be modified for each tile? Or has that changed in recent versions?

Edited by theskyisthelimit

Has anyone ran into this error before:

Caught exception: Ortho4XP_v130.exe: RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath' @ error/module.c/GetMagickModulePath/665

Seems to be after it attempts to run resample.exe (i have the correct path, but now since i upgraded versions of ortho4xp it seems its not popping up and running)?  At least on the error above, i think its because i didnt run the ImageMagick setup first (new clean OS)

edit: after resample(s) ran for a while it gave me this error :

invalid command name ".!ortho4xp_earth_preview.!frame2.!canvas"

Edited by theskyisthelimit

On 9/29/2019 at 6:37 AM, Loader said:

It works for me after opening the scenproc script (default.spc) in scenproc and saved it.

After following this advice, I successfully generated Autogen files in the texture folder. In my case I followed these steps:

1. I ran ScenProc as an ADMINISTRATOR.

2. I manually opened the default.spc file by browsing to it in ScenProc.

3. ScenProc ran the script.

4. I simply saved the same file in ScenProc. I believe by doing this, ScenProc now knows where to find the file 'default.spc'.

5. I closed ScenProc and ran Ortho4XP (P3D) as I normally did. It took a while, but generated the BGL files in the scenery folder and the agn files in the texture folder.

I hope these steps help anyone having problems generating the agn files.

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Cheers to both developers.

Just 1 question, is there any lod limitation or something in resample.exe process?

Unlike x-plane version, I don’t see any differences between zl/mask 17 and 18.

On 1/9/2020 at 1:05 PM, flyblueskies said:

After following this advice, I successfully generated Autogen files in the texture folder. In my case I followed these steps:

1. I ran ScenProc as an ADMINISTRATOR.

2. I manually opened the default.spc file by browsing to it in ScenProc.

3. ScenProc ran the script.

4. I simply saved the same file in ScenProc. I believe by doing this, ScenProc now knows where to find the file 'default.spc'.

5. I closed ScenProc and ran Ortho4XP (P3D) as I normally did. It took a while, but generated the BGL files in the scenery folder and the agn files in the texture folder.

I hope these steps help anyone having problems generating the agn files.

I followed your adviced but still no agn files. I also get the ugly OSD phoyo scenery instead of Bing or Google although I downloaded Bing images and can see in the process that it's written with BI in it.. It's a sad story compared to the  nice  and easy results of Ortho4XP in XP11 so I hope they find a solution.

Happy landings...