Egbert Drenth

FLAi2UTL - Anyone?

Hi,

I have developed an application that automagically replaces Utlimate Traffic Live repaints by FLAi repaints.
Before releasing it as freeware, I need a few beta-testers to check if it functions 99% correctly.

flai2utl.png

The application does not change or replace anything in your sim environment, it only creates a new repaint xml file that you manually have to copy/paste to your Utl repaints folder.
I have created a manual, available here:
Zipped PDF file

If you would like to beta test, leave me a PM with your email address.
Needless to say you need: Ultimate Traffic Live and FLAi AI package installed

Egbert

• Like 6

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow, great idea, would love to test this. But the download link doesnt seem to work for me 😕

Wow^2 ! Thank you so much for developing this. You literally saved UT live for me. I recently uninstalled it cause I couldn't bare anymore the outdated liveries. 

• Like 1

Totally agree. UTL is growing stale and this will breathe new life into the P3D world. 

• Like 1

Does it have full compatibility with P3Dv4.3?.

Cheers, Ed

Egbert,

I'll give it a try as I have both applications installed. I downloaded the PDF. I assume we have to get the program from you?

Disregard. PM sent.

Edited by mwilk

4 hours ago, mwilk said:

I assume we have to get the program from you?

Yeah, sorry.

I forgot to mention it, you will receive a link soon.

5 hours ago, edpatino said:

Does it have full compatibility with P3Dv4.3?.

The application itself runs independently of any simulator, it only requires UTL and FLAi installed.
The output of the application is an XML file.

I have P3D V4.3 and I assume that UTL/FLAi have exact the same structure/files in other P3DV1/2/3/FSX versions.
If so, it most likely also will work for those versions

I have already added/changed many a/c and liveries (FAIB, AIG, ...). Would it still make sense to use your program?

Edited by Nemo

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

The application itself runs independently of any simulator, it only requires UTL and FLAi installed.

I have P3D V4.3 and I assume that UTL/FLAi have exact the same structure/files in other P3DV1/2/3/FSX versions.

Looking forward to beta test your program, Egbert. Really appreciated 

thanks a lot, Carsten

This sounds great - watching

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

I have already added/changed many a/c and liveries (FAIB, AIG, ...). Would it still make sense to use your program?

• No: It only supports FLAi repaints (maybe others in the future, but don't bet your life on it)
  • Yes: It searches (and replaces/adds when matched) all UTL repaints, but thus only with FLAi repaints
Edited by Egbert Drenth

but will I still see "retired" ual b744's / vrd's a320's / nor qfa B789's   ... 

21 minutes ago, vadriver said:

but will I still see "retired" ual b744's / vrd's a320's / nor qfa B789's   ... 

?

sorry .... misunderstood your idea, thought you may be updating schedules !

I hope F1 will pay you (and FLAI) well, you would deserve it.🤣

Kind regards, Michael

38 minutes ago, pmb said:

I hope F1 will pay you (and FLAI) well, you would deserve it.🤣

Thanks 😉

But first let us await the beta test results 🕔

Egbert,

I gave FLAi2UTL a quick run. I replaced all of the models with FLAi. Just doing a quick check, all of the United Airlines Tulip repaints are gone and replaced with the current livery. I'll give it a more thorough look later to day but it seems to have worked very well. Thanks very much for this.

10 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Now, talking about FLAi, I've found the following statement at the FLAi website (FAQ's):

"Why does [aircraft] appear messed up in Prepar3d V4?
Prepar3d V4 is a 64bit application and it does not support FS9 native models. Although we’re doing our best to make sure all of the models are at least FSX native and work in P3D4, we can’t guarantee full compatibility."

Does this still apply?.

Cheers, Ed

Yes, not all of the aircraft included with the FLAI package have been converted for P3d V4. 

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Yes, not all of the aircraft included with the FLAI package have been converted for P3d V4. 

Is there a list which models/aircraft those are?
FLAi2UTL is configurable which FLAi models are included.

I was just setting up a flight when P3Dv4 crashed. The event viewer gave the reason as NTDLL . I wonder if this could have been caused by an old AI model that's not compatible with P3D?

I chose the "only add missing" option for my first test. I'm loading various airports to see the new FLAi models. No issues or crashes as of yet.

mwilk, which airports did you select when P3Dv4 crashed? I'll try to reproduce on my end.

39 minutes ago, ScottB2 said:

I chose the "only add missing" option for my first test. I'm loading various airports to see the new FLAi models. No issues or crashes as of yet.

mwilk, which airports did you select when P3Dv4 crashed? I'll try to reproduce on my end.

Scott, I was at EDDM. I'm using Taxi2Gate's addon airport, if that matters. I had loaded it earlier and didn't have a problem. This time was at 1600L time so maybe a model loaded that crashed it.