Shomron

SXAD KHOU is out

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the info. Been hoping for that one and a KDAL for years.

SXAD is doing wonders for my Southwest network with the airports they released so far.  This is my first landing at their new KHOU:

Edited by Luis_KMIA

Nice video. What happened with the jetways, are they SODE jetways, static or Ctrl+J type?.

Cheers, Ed

20 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is their BNA any good ?

I own several of the SXAD collection and there really nice. I own KORF, KBNA, KPNS, KBHM and now KHOU to my collection.

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

Nice video. What happened with the jetways, are they SODE jetways, static or Ctrl+J type?.

Cheers, Ed

I think I was incorrect, it appears that it does have SODE unless it is GSX v2 adding them in??  My download did not come with a manual so it is not clear but I do now have SODE jetways appearing.

Edited by Flic1

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Unfortunately it uses static jetways.  At least one or two of their other airports implement SODE so I am not sure why they would not have had the option on this one.  It's a nicely done airport otherwise...

Thanks for letting us know. I suspected that. Which is going to be a tendency on developers to get advantage of GSX2 to have the users to replace themselves the jetways with SODE models to our liking. The bad is that developers will keep their prices up.

I have SXAD Pensacola and I've always noticed that it impacts FPS more than it should. In this regard, how is Hobby?.

Thanks, Ed

26 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Thanks for letting us know. I suspected that. Which is going to be a tendency on developers to get advantage of GSX2 to have the users to replace themselves the jetways with SODE models to our liking. The bad is that developers will keep their prices up.

I have SXAD Pensacola and I've always noticed that it impacts FPS more than it should. In this regard, how is Hobby?.

Thanks, Ed

Hey Ed - I updated my prior response as it does appear I have SODE jetways showing now.  I could swear they were static when I first tested out the airport.  I checked the SODE folder and it does have an entry for the SXAD KHOU.  There is also a Static Jetway BGL in the KHOU scenery folder so not sure what is going on😄  

Performance is perfectly fine in my 2 flights in/out with the TFDI 717.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is their BNA any good ?

I can’t answer that, but i do have orf and it’s pretty good. There support is good also so I recommend them as a developer if you are considering a purchase. 

On 11/22/2018 at 3:50 PM, okupton said:

I can’t answer that, but i do have orf and it’s pretty good. There support is good also so I recommend them as a developer if you are considering a purchase. 

I also have KPNS Pensacola from them, at the scenery is very good and well detailed.

Cheers, Ed