Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

She's fast but......

The TBM is one fast lady....but sadly she can't beat a jet. 😞

You can see in the RXP GTN 750 I set one of my user fields to ground speed (love the customizable user fields...in fact love everything about the RXP GTN!) so you can see I'm trackin' 283 kts over the ground even with almost a direct 24kt headwind.  You can also see the traffic diamond of that sneaky jet 2000 ft above  that pulled up behind me on the same basic route to KDAL.  She overtook me...but I was sippin' fuel vs her hungry jet engines!  

DuBx4u.jpg

I'm replicating one of Steve'o's latest YouTube vids from Miami to Dallas.  In this video, even though it was crappy weather, he flew over Addison Airport, then directly over my house...sadly you can't see it though due to the clouds.  Here is a link to the video.   

I did my own weather and time of day because I like flying in those conditions.

And...Here is why I love flying at dusk with the weather set just right.  You see this in the video at about 22:35. (but with that horrible weather)

GpV7et.jpg

And at 23:37 in the video, you see almost this exact shot...except for the weather and time of day of course....that is Addison airport, I live about 4 miles east of it.

JLuBOO.jpg

Here we are on final, with the lovely Dallas skyline in the distance.  I work in one of those buildings.

VO6bOP.jpg

Finally home, all tucked in for the evening.

9B85PM.jpg

It was a great flight, need to start flying this great bird more. 🙂

• Like 7

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

***Gorgeous***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I had the opportunity to visit Addison Airport back in 1994 during the American Society of Aviation Artists convention held at American Airlines headquarters. Many interesting and unusual planes there at the time.

John

Edited by John F

Lovely pics!  Actually the TBM8 and 9 are faster than a cirrus jet...hehe so there's that

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Beautiful shots.

nebojsa

Thanks guys!

Yeah Ryan that has to be a little embarrassing for a Cirrus Jet pilot to be overtaken by a prop hehe.

I try to like the micro jets on the market....but I fall into the camp that sees that a good turboprop beats them in every way....with the ONLY advantage for the owner is to "brag" they have a "jet"

Besides...the TBM in my opinion is one of the best looking planes out there.  It looks fast sitting on the ramp. 😀

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Folks,

LOL - beautiful set - yeah - if someone has Sean's ear from VERTX - a TBM done to the standard of his Diamond - would be a hot seller on this side of the fence... He's already proven he has G1000's and Turboprops down pat...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

33 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

LOL - beautiful set - yeah - if someone has Sean's ear from VERTX - a TBM done to the standard of his Diamond - would be a hot seller on this side of the fence... He's already proven he has G1000's and Turboprops down pat...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

Without a doubt Scott! 

Sadly though...I feel the G1000 system is so inferior to the GTN if for nothing else the interface.  Turning knobs...then lets turn more knobs....hey I have an idea, lets turn knobs to do just about everything in the system.  Yeah the TBM does have a keyboard, but you still have to turn a knob to open the 1st cell of the identifier you want to put in...THEN you can type it out...and then turn a knob to move to the next field...and then turn a knob again to drop a menu down....all while you should be looking out the window and flying the plane...sheez.

The GTN is so incredibly intuitive and user-friendly I feel I can say I've mastered it without ever opening a manual on it.  the user interface is just brilliant, especially the 4 custom user fields you can plop on the display at a whim.  I find myself changing the lower right window to wind data during takoff/landing, and then quickly and easily switch it to time to TOD while enroute.  The VNAV functionality is priceless when you take her into the flight levels, plus the fuel planning page...love to watch all the numbers get better the higher you go...esp in the little CJ2 when I take her up to FL450. :smile:

I've flown my Vertx Diamond a few times and agree its about the best light twin out there...the modeling and systems are beautiful.  I'm resisting the urge to plug the GTN into her (not even sure it will work with all Sean's special coding for the G1000)...I want to "learn" the G1000 and give it a chance to impress me....with Sean's version I have hope...the Carenado version...not so much.

Sorry if I sound like a GTN f@nboy....but it has time and time again been almost the sole reason I get pulled away from flying tubeliners and jump back into GA, LoL.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Big Steve'o fan myself. Great shots!

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Maybe a G600Txi plus GTN750 would be nicer.  Jerry W put that in his Cessna 414 and looks like the best of both worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It29675_lTc

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:54 AM, Steve Dra said:

Without a doubt Scott! 

Sadly though...I feel the G1000 system is so inferior to the GTN if for nothing else the interface.  Turning knobs...then lets turn more knobs....hey I have an idea, lets turn knobs to do just about everything in the system.  Yeah the TBM does have a keyboard, but you still have to turn a knob to open the 1st cell of the identifier you want to put in...THEN you can type it out...and then turn a knob to move to the next field...and then turn a knob again to drop a menu down....all while you should be looking out the window and flying the plane...sheez.

The GTN is so incredibly intuitive and user-friendly I feel I can say I've mastered it without ever opening a manual on it.  the user interface is just brilliant, especially the 4 custom user fields you can plop on the display at a whim.  I find myself changing the lower right window to wind data during takoff/landing, and then quickly and easily switch it to time to TOD while enroute.  The VNAV functionality is priceless when you take her into the flight levels, plus the fuel planning page...love to watch all the numbers get better the higher you go...esp in the little CJ2 when I take her up to FL450. :smile:

I've flown my Vertx Diamond a few times and agree its about the best light twin out there...the modeling and systems are beautiful.  I'm resisting the urge to plug the GTN into her (not even sure it will work with all Sean's special coding for the G1000)...I want to "learn" the G1000 and give it a chance to impress me....with Sean's version I have hope...the Carenado version...not so much.

Sorry if I sound like a GTN f@nboy....but it has time and time again been almost the sole reason I get pulled away from flying tubeliners and jump back into GA, LoL.

Hi Steve,

I'm with you on the GTN - never cared for the G1000 but so many new aircraft now come with it standard - if I have to use one - I want one that works pretty close to the real deal...

Regards,
Scott 

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7