qqwertzde

Pizza for US ATC

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That is awesome of our family to the north. Canadians are pure class.

USA still on shutdown.. so all ATC staff is still not being paid..

You can tell the world is going up side down, these people have one of the highest responsibilities in the world.. and yet.. no pay..

• Like 1

What will happen when all of the ATC, tower staff, TSA, CPB and Coast Guard start having to quit en masse to seek other employment?

• Like 1

Then we will realize how important Government is. Watch Family Guy! Or, is a plot to Privatize everything.........Fry Thinking. 😉

• Like 1

We would love if you would write to your congressmen/women!  Still working without pay about to miss paycheck number two!!!

Beyond insane....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

We would love if you would write to your congressmen/women!  Still working without pay about to miss paycheck number two!!!

Beyond insane....

I have been told they don't get back pay either - so missed payment will not be sent later-, is this true?

Totally insane.

Regards,
S.

Federal employees will get back pay (I'm ATC) whether they're furloughed or working without pay (me) but that doesn't help with the bills NOW....

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Federal employees will get back pay (I'm ATC) whether they're furloughed or working without pay (me) but that doesn't help with the bills NOW....

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for clarifying, I hope this get sorted soon.. what an utterly nonsense.

S.

I thought I heard it was going to be federal contractors that might not get any back pay.  Actual Federal Employees had better darn well get it!:wacko:

18 hours ago, charliearon said:

federal contractors that might not get any back pay

Even this is terrible..

S

• Like 1

All due to a bullies temper tantrum. 

• Like 3

On 1/22/2019 at 9:35 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Beyond insane....

Working on it.  Committed member of Indivisible here and spent yesterday working the phones.  My wife's a federal employee so we're without a big chunk of our household income.  We get you, and we've got your back.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Adrian123 said:

USDA here Alan.

Glad to meet you.  I've got a simmer friend who's a USDA consultant, and a friend's new husband who's on staff.  He's considered essential (does plant inspections) - which means that he and his supervisor spend unpaid days in the office fielding calls from panicked farmers who aren't getting their subsidies processed.

My wife's at the SEC (attorney in the enforcement division) and has a major investor fraud investigation currently on hold.

Had dinner last night with a friend from HUD and they're about 95 percent shut down.

Fun for all!

I'm in Crop mgt and programs. Been getting alot of promises with up coming planting season just around the corner. Ive bee furloughed for 2wks. Helping a neighbor with his Hog operation of which he cant sell any at a profit because of Tarriffs! "Bout all I got to say about that"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Helping a neighbor with his Hog operation of which he cant sell any at a profit because of Tarriffs! "Bout all I got to say about that"

Roger that.

I could talk about the sharp slowdown in my own business (the business community hates uncertainty) but no sense in going in that direction.

My wife's been on furlough since 12/27 and we're getting a lot of stuff down around the house.  Low-cost stuff, I should add.

Grateful for freeware! 

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, ryanbatcund said:

I was at a demonstration last week at the Federal Courthouse here in Hammond, IN. A middle-aged counter protester screamed in my face that because "Taxes are theft!" She's happy with the shutdown since "Federal employees don't do anything anyway..."

I just asked her quitely and politely "Why do you hate the Coast Guard, air traffic controllers, Customs and Border Patrol, ICE, FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, TSA, Secret Service, State Department, and thousands of others who act daily to protect your life?"

Just an embarrassing blush was her response. She had no words. :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Clean water and safe food. "Forgive them Father, for they no not what they do."

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 2

Alan thank your wife for her civil service from me and thanks Adrian as well!  We have USDA guys that work on the field for wildlife patrol all the time

• Like 3

@Ryan - I’ll definitely pass that along. Means a lot. Our thanks to you, and our best to your family. Hang in!

@Adrian - thanks! Wishing our best to you and yours - and a swift end to this disaster. 

Edited by Alan_A

3 weeks I guess...  Hopefully we'll be done for good after that!

• Like 1

Well, color me (not) surprised! Just a few short hours of delayed arrivals/departures managed to scare the folks into taking some action finally.

Maybe it was the image of the 5,000+ aircraft in US/Canadian airspace that brought home the side-effects of this insane shutdown of the government.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

3 weeks I guess...  Hopefully we'll be done for good after that!

I'm a small business owner and employer in America, and it is absolutely shameful what has been done to you and so many other Federal employees who are designated as "Essential" (not to mention those furloughed without pay and health insurance).  If any other American employer were to ever force their employees to work without pay that same Federal government would come down on them like a ton of bricks!  Fines, sanctions, even criminal probes and prosecutions.  Last week I emailed both of my U.S. Senators and Congressman to do something about the "Essential" employees getting paid when the politicians decide to plays games using those folks pawns.  That's not much, but it's the best any American can do.

As far as 3 weeks from now... If I were in your position I'd save all the coins I could!  Sad, really!

Good luck and thanks for being there!

Greg

• Like 3