F737NG

BBC News and aviation

Ignoring the politics of the story, even the least aviation-aware people in society can recognise that the UK Prime Minister will not be travelling to Brussels in a Spitfire!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/bbc-brexit-gaffe-shows-theresa-may-travelling-to-brussels-in-world-war-2-plane/ar-BBSYGHf?ocid=mailsignout

Awaits comments of 'Theresa May taking the war to the Europeans' from Brexiteers and 'Typical Brexiteers, always harking back to former glories' from Remainers...

Perhaps we should have a caption competition?

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maybe a 'supply the caption and provide the image' contest? I think the BBC has won the internets for the day.

Thanks for the laugh. 🙂

When I hear  the sound of the Merlins then I know we are going to be OK!

xxd09

The BBC are anti Brexit they get cash from the EU.

That about sums up the Brexit mood from the rest of the world. 🙂

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

Thanks for that! I'm having a bit of a lousy day and I've really needed that... 😉

This one's had me in tears, literally: 🤣

BBC2 at 9:00pm “Tribes, Predators and Me” a programme where Gordon Buchanan learns to hunt crocodiles with his bare hands. Last in the series.

Cheers,

Tym

• Like 1

If they'd been Lancasters or Halifaxes perhaps we'd have a chance of a deal.

• Upvote 1

Typical garbage headline from MSN. Ms May is NOT shown traveling anywhere. It's a voice-over and irrelevant film footage that implies she is traveling via piston engine travel by association. One of the reasons I despise social media and its acceptance by supposedly respectable media outlets as a source of news.

Not saying this isn't humorous as it is, and pretty innocent fun as well. 

Just... 

The news coverage 

Did not show T May.. 

Travelling by world War 2 plane 

To Brussels. 

Facts matter! 

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Like 1

It's just a clickbait headline, the article does actually clearly state "comically suggesting" and explains the clip was run in error and what should've been shown. There's a lot worse instances of truly fake news.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, F737NG said:

Ignoring the politics of the story

You should never ignore the politics of the story.  Discussing politics on AVSIM is strictly prohibited.  I got bashed for saying something political so you are getting bashed for posting a "hidden" political topic.  Topic closed.