Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It will have:

- New replacement textures for the whole world
- New regional autogen types
- New landmarks for the whole world

• Like 1

This will be another masterpiece. And to know that this is done by one man. I am ready to buy this the day it comes out.

MisterX might be the next Orbx for Xplane and I truly hope so, his work is brilliant and all for free. I wouldn't hesitate not even for a sec to pay for his products, he has given so much to the XP community.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

It's a pity LR just don't hire him to work on their global scenery, it seems he's doing a great job on his own making landmarks, airports and now textures, and at an impressive rate

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

MisterX might be the next Orbx for Xplane and I truly hope so, his work is brilliant and all for free. I wouldn't hesitate not even for a sec to pay for his products, he has given so much to the XP community.

The web site linked above says this will be payware. Which is fine by me. 

3 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

The web site linked above says this will be payware. Which is fine by me. 

Yes, which as stated in my comment, will be happy to pay for any of his work.

25 minutes ago, tonywob said:

It's a pity LR just don't hire him to work on their global scenery

I find it hard to believe MisterX would be interested in getting hired, I believe he has other plans.

X-Plane has needed a global texture replacement for a long time. Great to see this project is from MisterX6, but must say I am a little disappointed that he is not going to touch the US autogen.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CarlosF said:

I find it hard to believe MisterX would be interested in getting hired, I believe he has other plans.

Everyone has his price... 🤑😉

22 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Nice, hope he does landmarks for India

That's your job Zul 🙂I'm still waiting for Mumbai

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

That's your job Zul 🙂I'm still waiting for Mumbai

Don't know if it will happen. Maybe later , really don't know.

Is this product similar to the FTX Global for X-plane that was announced by ORBX not long ago?

Yep, although it seems initially this won't cover the US, NZ or Australia. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonywob said:

Yep, although it seems initially this won't cover the US, NZ or Australia. 

MisterX said it will replace all the world textures, but autogen replacement and landmarks will be limited to specific regions, if I understood correctly.

Can you share some more details about Orbx Global XP? I'm not sure if it will have landmarks and regional autogen replacements, can you say anything on that regard Tony? What about better and newer data (compared to HD Mesh V4), when I talk about data, I don't mean elevation data, but other geographical data like cities, forests etc.

Thanks Tony,

Both approaches apply lipstick over what is already in the scenery but don't actually change the mesh or vector data. I'm presuming SFD Global only changes the library definitions of the autogen, forests and textures but doesn't further modify the mesh. What this means is that if a user puts in HD Mesh or UHD mesh they'll get better placed autogen, forests and roads. For users who use custom overlays with Ortho4XP based on the default/HD Mesh autogen then these will pick up the new autogen as well.

One key thing to bare in mind with texture replacements in X-Plane (as opposed to FSX/P3D) is that it will suffer the same problems it currently has, i.e. 3D objects and roads not really matching the base textures, gridded autogen appearance, etc. Whilst it will give a nice variation when flying around different regions, it's still the same default mesh/representation underneath and has limitations on what can be done with this approach.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Both approaches apply lipstick over what is already in the scenery but don't actually change the mesh or vector data. I'm presuming SFD Global only changes the library definitions of the autogen, forests and textures but doesn't further modify the mesh. What this means is that if a user puts in HD Mesh or UHD mesh they'll get better placed autogen, forests and roads. For users who use custom overlays with Ortho4XP based on the default/HD Mesh autogen then these will pick up the new autogen as well.

One key thing to bare in mind with texture replacements in X-Plane (as opposed to FSX/P3D) is that it will suffer the same problems it currently has, i.e. 3D objects and roads not really matching the base textures, gridded autogen appearance, etc. Whilst it will give a nice variation when flying around different regions, it's still the same default mesh/representation underneath and has limitations on what can be done with this approach.

Hi Tony, I get it, thanks, but my main question was if your product Orbx Global XP will bring custom autogen and landmarks globally. This question in my mind since the annoucement on the stream.

But I understand if it's too soon on the development to answer that question.

Thank you,

I'm not the one developing ORBX Global XP, I'm doing the regions. As of yet, I know about as much as you do 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I'm not the one developing ORBX Global XP, I'm doing the regions. As of yet, I know about as much as you do 😉

Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you for the answers.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:36 AM, Janov said:

Everyone has his price

LOL....True indeed!

On 2/17/2019 at 8:15 AM, tonywob said:

Tony - a bit tangential to the topic but, since you're the Regions man, I have to ask.  Are the two PNG sceneries on the port list?  IMHO they are the best.  I know PNW is up there but, without the Canadian portion, it's not going to fly nearly as well.