Shomron

Captainsim 777 P3D v4 beta released

Hi,

Open beta available for 59.99$ (on sale, target price is indicated as 120$).

This is a port over from the previous version with new features.

I own their 757 v3 and I am quite happy with it.

Can anyone comment on their 777?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

14 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Hi,

On sale where..?? I just looked at the CS site and I don't see it..

save your money for the PMDG version.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

When I went there earlier I swear I didn't see it... Odd, but anyway... Thanks..🙂

I did notice this tidbit... "No further development expected in 2019"

Edited by SunDevil56

Just buy the PMDG one, install relax and enjoy one of the best aircraft we can buy.

• Like 2

I’d agree with others. Even though I don’t own the captainsim and thus my opinion may not matter, go with the pmdg and avoid unwanted surprises captainsim aircraft tend to have. 

If it's simply a port-over, I tend to agree with the other posters regarding the PMDG version.  Their FSX 777 VNAV was buggy, and it's flight dynamics were off.   HOWEVER, I would also like to acknowledge the tremendous advancements made by Capt Sim; to that point, their CS 757 V3 is really, REALLY good.  It's stable and the automated systems appear to be bug free, which wasn't always the case with past CS products.  Plus, there are few products that can match CS visual appearance.  I hope their future releases (767...finger crossed) are on par with their 757 V3. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Big pass from me still not happy with their 757

18 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Big pass from me still not happy with their 757

Really? V3?  What's wrong with it? 

Posted (edited)

Terrible performance, still out of trim issue at takeoff, control sensitivity just doesn't feel right, did I mention horrible performance?. Used value from MCDU and also from the manual and still the plane is dangerously out of trim after takeoff. I find it just lacks the kind of polish that an addon at this price point should have. Qualitywings keep getting a lot of flack for their 787 but it's leaps and bounds more polished.

Edited by JasonPC
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

It baffles me why they chose to update the 777 when it's the one model that we have in p3dv4.

Surely there's more demand for a 767, 727, or 707?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, itsjase said:

It baffles me why they chose to update the 777 when it's the one model that we have in p3dv4.

Surely there's more demand for a 767, 727, or 707?

all their products will eventually be released for p3dv4

1 hour ago, Arthur42417 said:

all their products will eventually be released for p3dv4

I understand that, I'm just questioning the order of releases.

Surely a 767 would sell like hotcakes as there are no other options for v4 at the moment.

4 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

I did notice this tidbit... "No further development expected in 2019"

Danger, Will Robinson!  Danger!!

A software product that's not being actively developed isn't a beta--it's just an unfinished product for sale. 

Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Would have loved to have the 767 but a proper 777-200er for authenticity sake when flying UA is welcome. 

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

Danger, Will Robinson!  Danger!!

A software product that's not being actively developed isn't a beta--it's just an unfinished product for sale. 

Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware)

April is the beta release, it takes a while to update their fleet of payware.  In 2020 and beyond we'll see updates.  No offense but does Lord PMDG update their planes many times a year😁👍

Captain Sim

Advertised=beta, Actual=alpha

Advertised=Release v1- v4, Actual=beta

7 hours ago, Shomron said:

Hi,

i bought it, it looks and functions much better in p3dv4...i also own the 757 and love it!👍

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Arthur42417 said:

No offense but does Lord PMDG update their planes many times a year😁👍

Why yes they do.  Their ops center facilitates rapid delivery of updates...last one was just a few weeks ago, the PBR updates for the 747 series.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Why yes they do.  Their ops center facilitates rapid delivery of updates...last one was just a few weeks ago, the PBR updates for the 747 series.

not on the 777, we're still waiting years for the EFB and other features.😏

• Upvote 1

I know PMDG would be a great buy however I don't need that level of complexity they offer plus the price tag is high.

I agree the 757 isn't perfect (performance bugs me too) but functionality-wise I find it great.

If the 777 is as good, I am getting here the -200 for half the price of PMDG and future expansions will be free.

It it is closer to older Captainsim products then I'll stay away...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

You're waiting--yes--but for something you haven't already paid for.  I don't feel entitled to upgrades and new features on an already-finished product that works just as it was advertised when I bought it.  And yes, there has indeed been a series of fixes and maintenance updates on the PMDG 777.  But this isn't about PMDG vs CS.  I wouldn't pay PMDG for a partially done add-on under these circumstances, either.

Paying up-front for a "beta" (which loosely translated means "we told you it might be broken, so that gets us off the hook for fixing it") and then expecting completion will eventually materialize on an unknown schedule sometime in 2020 or beyond sure looks like good company in the making for a fleet of half-done King Air KA-350i betas already sitting for something like six years now somewhere in the back rows of the flight sim boneyard.  And if P3D v5 releases before the "beta" of this v4 add-on ever gets finished, then what??

Life's just too short...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I understand 757 I also think the 767 would be a good idea, but 777...no.

4 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

That's a big entitlement issue, if you feel like that puts it behind the CS 777, as those features were never promised to you or part of the feature-list it was sold with. That's all post-launch support.