pegruder

Thrustmaster Warthog Settings for P3D

Hey folks - Just wondering if the out of the box p3d settings are good for the Thrustmaster Warthog.  It feels a little sluggish in P3D to me for some reason, almost like it needs alot of input to manage the FSL A320 sometimes.  In XP on the FF320 - it feels a tad more responsive to where I would think the real thing would respond.  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you have the full version of FSUIPC, it is much more flexible for configuring a complex controller like the TM Warthog.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If you have the full version of FSUIPC, it is much more flexible for configuring a complex controller like the TM Warthog.

Can't fly without it!  Ill give a try configuring it via FSUIPC instead of in sim and see the difference.  For an example of what I notice is even with proper trim it seems I almost need a full deflection back on the stick to get away from the ground.

Posted (edited)

Make sure you go into P3D settings and max out all the Sensitivies, then reduce Deadzones to your liking.

Edited by itsjase

Yea - so far with FSUIPC it seems WAY more responsive.  Felt very natural taking off just now.

Posted (edited)

The Warthog is probably the best HOTAS on the market IMO. You shouldn't install the Warthog drivers, neither should you configure via anything other than FSUIPC. I use FSUIPC for sliders and axis control and LINDA for switch assignments. Job done 😉

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

The Warthog is probably the best HOTAS on the market IMO. You shouldn't install the Warthog drivers, neither should you configure via anything other than FSUIPC. I use FSUIPC for sliders and axis control and LINDA for switch assignments. Job done 😉

I heard horror stories of the TM drivers so I never installed them.  After switching to FSUIPC (already used LINDA for switches), Im good to go!  The bus is much more enjoyable now!  Honestly I wish I upgraded to this stick a long time ago.  Instead, it took a flood from the 2nd floor which took out my existing (TM Top Gun? I think) to force the upgrade on me lol.

• Like 1

I'm very happy with my Warthog HOTAS and don't use FSUIPC for any axis assignment or calibration.  I keep it simple and set everything up in P3D.

As far as calibration goes, while FSUIPC does provide ability to customize the response curve I prefer that my calibration is linear.  It is up to the aircraft developer to build into their design how much roll rate you get for a certain control deflection, or how much pitch rotation.  This should not be dependent on the controller.  In my opinion we should only be setting the zero or midpoint and the span.  However, not all aircraft developers do a good job in this area so in this case I'd be using FSUIPC as well.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:23 PM, downscc said:

I'm very happy with my Warthog HOTAS and don't use FSUIPC for any axis assignment or calibration.  I keep it simple and set everything up in P3D.

As far as calibration goes, while FSUIPC does provide ability to customize the response curve I prefer that my calibration is linear.  It is up to the aircraft developer to build into their design how much roll rate you get for a certain control deflection, or how much pitch rotation.  This should not be dependent on the controller.  In my opinion we should only be setting the zero or midpoint and the span.  However, not all aircraft developers do a good job in this area so in this case I'd be using FSUIPC as well.

Dan, correct me if I am wrong, but unlike FSUIPC, P3D doesn't allow you to create separate aircraft profiles for the controller.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:23 PM, downscc said:

That's just how I roll also. 

10 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Dan, correct me if I am wrong, but unlike FSUIPC, P3D doesn't allow you to create separate aircraft profiles for the controller.

Not true.  One may save and load any configuration you have saved using the EXPORT/IMPORT buttons.  I have long suggest that they should be labeled SAVE/LOAD.  This is not automatic with different aircraft but it only takes 5 sec to do.  I have configurations for my DC6, twin and quad jets.