Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FlyTampa's Las Vegas (KLAS) now available!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

Between everything that's not MSE, default, OrbX etc. maybe it had some fancy transparency blending on the borders, who knows 🙂 It looks nice but my OCD would kill me if I had to fly over a blend like that when leaving the area.

It would kill you then 🙂


David Murden.  P3D v4.5  FSL A321 / A320 A319 : PMDG NGu / 748PMDG NG / 747-/ 777 : QW 787 :  Maddog MD-80 :Q400 :   DCS: AV-8B Harrier: :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet 

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.   My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.  My PMDG NGXu Light Mod

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

Share this post


Link to post

Love the new Las Vegas scenery.   I see no noticeable hit on FPS.  Everything is smooth.  Took a helicopter (R66) over the strip and it was magnificent.  

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

It is a fantastic scenery.  Probably my favorite.  However, I was unable to see the water pools on a very rainy day at KLAS today.  Yes, I have it checked in the configurator.  Anyone else notice this?


Ken Thompson

i7-4790 @4 GHz  64 Bit Win 7  16G RAM  GTX 1080Ti

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, spilok said:

Love the new Las Vegas scenery.   I see no noticeable hit on FPS.  Everything is smooth.  Took a helicopter (R66) over the strip and it was magnificent.  

Stan

Agreed. I also love the way the ramp vehicles 'lean' when making turns on the tarmac 😀

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Rob has posted a nice video showing KLAS with MSE

 

Smoothes video I have ever seen! And his FPS are locked to 30??? 

  • Like 1

Clément Hernandez

i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | GeForce GTX 1080 TI | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Sabrent 512GB M.2 & Sabrent 1TB M.2 | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Le Français said:

And his FPS are locked to 30???

You don't need a ton of FPS. As long as you can maintain a decent amount you're good. What you want is a stutter free experience. 70 FPS won't give you much when you're getting stutters all over the place.


Niklas Graefe
Prepar3Dv4.5 | ASUS Maximus XI Code Z390 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2x 8 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 MSI Lightning Z | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Samsung 43'' 4K curved TV | Agronn 737 Captain's Yoke | FSC 737 Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/29/2019 at 6:36 AM, mpw8679 said:

Check out Nuvecta landscapes.  I found it superior to RWS.

What a brilliant tip, thank you! I got their CA product, and it definitely seems a whole lot more accurate than RWS's package. So I ended up getting their AZ and NV as well. And now... now MSE is really coming to life. In combination with products such as FB's KSFO, FT's KLAS, FSDT's KLAX... Man, I feel so spoiled. Is it perfect? Nope, certainly not. But it's getting closer!

I will say that these autogen products are very clearly limited bu the availability of data. This has led, in both RWS and Nuvecta's autogen product, to a great swatch of autogen-free space just north of SF's Golden gate park. I'm considering filling it up myself, which is a rather annoying bit of work, but it's better than having all these ridiculous amounts of autogen, and then a big chunk that's empty. It looks rather ridiculous.

Also,m I only now found out how harsh the Oakland harbor is on performance, at least for me. FB's KSFO runs very well, as does most of the bay area. But as soona s I look at Oakland's harbor, the framerate gets hit. I now understand why OrbX specifically gives an option to disable the cranes and such in the harbor. I'll try it and see if it makes things better.


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.8GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

What a brilliant tip, thank you! I got their CA product, and it definitely seems a whole lot more accurate than RWS's package. So I ended up getting their AZ and NV as well. And now... now MSE is really coming to life. In combination with products such as FB's KSFO, FT's KLAS, FSDT's KLAX... Man, I feel so spoiled. Is it perfect? Nope, certainly not. But it's getting closer!

I will say that these autogen products are very clearly limited bu the availability of data. This has led, in both RWS and Nuvecta's autogen product, to a great swatch of autogen-free space just north of SF's Golden gate park. I'm considering filling it up myself, which is a rather annoying bit of work, but it's better than having all these ridiculous amounts of autogen, and then a big chunk that's empty. It looks rather ridiculous.

Also,m I only now found out how harsh the Oakland harbor is on performance, at least for me. FB's KSFO runs very well, as does most of the bay area. But as soona s I look at Oakland's harbor, the framerate gets hit. I now understand why OrbX specifically gives an option to disable the cranes and such in the harbor. I'll try it and see if it makes things better.

Benjamin, I find a much better performance tip from Orbx themselves is to place all the scenery objects for airfields that you don't want to use into a separate folder (or name them .OFF). I moved 194 files.

E.g. FTX_NCA_objects_00CL_PLC.bgl  in the location ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery\

That way you can restore the more interesting objects, such as cranes, to your sim experience.

 


Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO) / Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 / ASUS GTX 1070 O8G / 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz / triple monitor

WIN 10 Pro + P3Dv4 + PTA + EnvTex + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + ASP4 + Rex SF 3D + ChasePlane
PMDG 737NGX / QW787 / AS A32x A330 / MJC Dash 8
/ A2A PA-28 / JF C152 / PA A380 / PMDG 777 / FeelThere E-Jets v2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

What a brilliant tip, thank you! I got their CA product, and it definitely seems a whole lot more accurate than RWS's package. So I ended up getting their AZ and NV as well. 

Benjamin, where did you find the Nuvecta products? Simmarket doesn't seem to have them...


PC: 4670K, RAM 24GB, Geforce GTX 1070 (8GB), Windows 10 Home, 64-BIT, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

Benjamin, where did you find the Nuvecta products? Simmarket doesn't seem to have them...

https://secure.simmarket.com/nuvecta-landscapes-usa-california-fsx-p3d.phtml


System: X-PLANE 11.40, P3D 4.5, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, flyblueskies said:

Thank you!

How are you finding them on simmarket? I've done a search and I cannot find them...what are you entering for your search?

I just used Google. Simmarket search is hit and miss.


System: X-PLANE 11.40, P3D 4.5, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I just used Google. Simmarket search is hit and miss.

Thanks!

  • Upvote 1

PC: 4670K, RAM 24GB, Geforce GTX 1070 (8GB), Windows 10 Home, 64-BIT, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5 

Share this post


Link to post

I found all of their products on the FSPilotshop, so that’s where I bought them:

https://www.fspilotshop.com/nuvecta-m-467.html?osCsid=04utmkdlkshrkdrpggmld211r0

 


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.8GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Benjamin, I find a much better performance tip from Orbx themselves is to place all the scenery objects for airfields that you don't want to use into a separate folder (or name them .OFF). I moved 194 files.

E.g. FTX_NCA_objects_00CL_PLC.bgl  in the location ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery\

That way you can restore the more interesting objects, such as cranes, to your sim experience.

 

Thanks for the tip! I take it Your example is for an airfield of code 00CL, right? Would a similar strategy also improve the performance in LA?


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.8GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    2%
    $540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...