Sign in to follow this  
TravelRunner404

Frustrated with Setting Monitor to 30hz - An Alternative...

Thanks again. Scanline works perfectly (incl. with the FSL) and my sim has never been smoother. I settled on x/2 -1060 and FPS locked to 60 in P3D though.

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Now, did you try to assign AM to RTSS?

Thanks,

No... why?  :unsure:

Bert

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Now, did you try to assign AM to RTSS?

Thanks,

Yep, just tried it using the Target box method. 👍

Greg

13 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

No... why?  :unsure:

To move it to a less busy Core/LP for example?

Thanks, 

Edited by Dirk98

To move it to a less busy Core/LP for example?

Thanks, 

You can do that, like any other process.. not sure what you are asking..

Bert

So in some further FRAPS testing the lowest consistent frame times I got was simply locking the sim at 30 FPS using P3D limiter and using Dynamic FFTF .01 to .2 AGL scenario.

Seems the FFTF constantly at .33 is too much so locking without FFTF is sluggish. 

If you are using ‘unlimited’ in the sim and happy with it, you can try changing FFTF to .01 as that’s what it is with unlocked FPS, then lock at your desired FPS. 

So yeah, frame times with the internal locker and a low FFTF was significantly better frame times. 

On 5/3/2019 at 6:41 PM, Bert Pieke said:

You can do that, like any other process.. not sure what you are asking..

Bert, I was curious if you tried to move this app away from the busiest cores or logical processors. Does it sound logical to try it? Or is this program just a dll?

Edited by Dirk98

3 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Bert, I was curious if you tried to move this app away from the busiest cores or logical processors. Does it sound logical to try it? Or is this program just a dll?

You can do that for sure... I have not bothered and it seems to work OK.

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You can do that for sure... I have not bothered and it seems to work OK.

Add to that RTSS, see - already 2 apps that are taking away some precious cycles. But RTSS might be a bad idea, it's a low level app that talks to the hardware.

PS: I'll try soon as I install P3Dv4.5+Hotfix, so far XP11+RTSS @30 works great

Edited by Dirk98

Add to that RTSS, see - already 2 apps that are taking away some precious cycles. But RTSS might be a bad idea, it's a low level app that talks to the hardware.

PS: I'll try soon as I install P3Dv4.5+Hotfix, so far XP11+RTSS @30 works great

Here's how I start my add on apps. I use affinity mask 253 in the P3D cfg so I start all these with hex FC to keep them off Core 0 (LP 0 & LP1).

Spoiler

start /B "" /AFFINITY FC /MIN "D:\User Programs & Data - Bruce\FSXFlight\FSXFlight.exe"
start /B "" /AFFINITY FC "C:\Program Files\REX Sky Force 3D for Prepar3D v4\rexskyforce.exe"
start /B "" /AFFINITY FC "E:\AS_P3Dv4\AS_P3Dv4.exe"
start /B "" /AFFINITY FC "D:\User Programs & Data - Bruce\Guru3D RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSS.exe"
start /B "" /AFFINITY FC "E:\SPAD.neXt\SPAD.neXt\SPAD.neXt.exe"
start /B "" /AFFINITY FC "C:\Program Files\FSPS LTD\FFTF Dynamic P3Dv4\FFTF Dynamic P3Dv4.exe"

• Like 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

Here's how I start my add on apps. I use affinity mask 253 in the P3D cfg so I start all these with hex FC to keep them off Core 0 (LP 0 & LP1).

Reveal hidden contents

start /B "" /AFFINITY FC /MIN "D:\User Programs & Data - Bruce\FSXFlight\FSXFlight.exe"
start /B "" /AFFINITY FC "C:\Program Files\REX Sky Force 3D for Prepar3D v4\rexskyforce.exe"
start /B "" /AFFINITY FC "D:\User Programs & Data - Bruce\Guru3D RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSS.exe"
start /B "" /AFFINITY FC "E:\SPAD.neXt\SPAD.neXt\SPAD.neXt.exe"
start /B "" /AFFINITY FC "C:\Program Files\FSPS LTD\FFTF Dynamic P3Dv4\FFTF Dynamic P3Dv4.exe"

That seems like an excellent idea!

I use 246 for Prepar3D - same thing..

:cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

That seems like an excellent idea!

:cool:

For some reason using a batch file line like posted above I can't seem to force AS_P3Dv4 to use the desired affinity mask like I can for my other addons (same mask value for all addons). Is there sometime 'special' about Active Sky in this regard?

I've been checking the affinity mask value with Process Lasso -- what is another way to do this?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

3 minutes ago, ark said:

I've been checking the affinity mask value with Process Lasso -- what is another way to do this?

Thx,

Al

Start up Windows Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and select the process you want to check up on.  Choose set Affinity, and it will show you which cores are assigned.  You can also change the assignment if you want..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

16 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Start up Windows Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and select the process you want to check up on.  Choose set Affinity, and it will show you which cores are assigned.

Bert, thanks for the Task Manager tip.

Task Manger shows all cores being used as did Process Lasso. I have a 4 core system and want to free up core 0.

My batch code for Active Sky is:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4"
start "" /AFFINITY E  "AS_P3Dv4.exe"

The program starts but with all 4 cores assigned. I wonder if there is another Affinity Mask setting somewhere for AS_P3Dv4 that is resetting the mask, but can't think of where that could be. Tis a mystery it is.....  🤔

Edited by ark

Agree... do not have that program so cannot help.. other than saying that you can change the assignment using Task Manager.

Bert