vc10man

Is There Any Other Seller Than simMarket?

I'd like to purchase this aircraft after the unmitigated disaster TFDi's 717 proved  to be last night. Is there another seller other than simMarket that sells it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Seeing the tags you put in the thread title, perhaps you were talking about the Leonardo Maddog. AFAIK Simmarket is the only seller for this bird.

Seems either I caused confusion or something went wrong in the message delivery.

I already have the TFDI Design 717.. I want to get the Fly The MaddogX, but not from simMarket.

Hope this clarifies any misunderstanding.

I just bought my license for MaddogX from Simmarket via paypal - zero problems

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I just bought my license for MaddogX from Simmarket via paypal - zero problems

+1

I've purchased dozens of add ons from Simmarket over the years, and have never had any issues or complaints, so i'm not really sure what the problem is here.

Thanks for that, but as I no longer want to ever buy anything again from simMarket, I'll pass. Not the end of the world.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see someone sticking to their principles. I think too many simmers put up with whatever in regards to certain products as they consider them "must haves" irrespective of price and service.

Indeed, the MaddogX is not available anywhere apart from SimMarket. The TFDi confusion was caused because you didn't mention the MaddogX in your opening post or subject/topic, just a tag that displays in a small font and might not even show up on mobile?

Edited by ckyliu

39 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

+1

I've purchased dozens of add ons from Simmarket over the years, and have never had any issues or complaints, so i'm not really sure what the problem is here.

Same here, I’ve used simmarket for years without any issues, very easy process...I’m glad they sorted the PayPal issues.

• Upvote 1

Just now, flyinpilot212121 said:

Same here, I’ve used simmarket for years without any issues, very easy process...I’m glad they sorted the PayPal issues.

FWIW, i've always purchased from them with a credit card, I do know they offer a PayPal option, but I didn't realize some people were having issues with it...

21 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

FWIW, i've always purchased from them with a credit card, I do know they offer a PayPal option, but I didn't realize some people were having issues with it...

It wasn’t issues between the customers using PayPal to purchase on simmarket, It is my understanding that it was more a disagreement not technical issues between simmarket and PayPal  (simarket wanted to drop PayPal, but they worked it out apparently).

all this is just what I have read, I have no facts to back it up, Again I’ve had no issues using simarket and PayPal.

anywho getting off topic.

• Upvote 1

I thought the issue with SimMarket was the theft of CC information. There was a heated topic not long ago along these lines.

I have recently had my CC info stolen from either SimMarket or X-Plane.org. Impossible to know which. I do know I'm not using either site again.

4 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I thought the issue with SimMarket was the theft of CC information. There was a heated topic not long ago along these lines.

I have recently had my CC info stolen from either SimMarket or X-Plane.org. Impossible to know which. I do know I'm not using either site again.

I had mine taken too, the last item I bought was from Simmarket. 

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

+1

I've purchased dozens of add ons from Simmarket over the years, and have never had any issues or complaints, so i'm not really sure what the problem is here

(1) Had issues with their Support not responding when DD informed me that there was a free upgrade to DD's EPKK to P3Dv4. simMarket wanted to charge for it..

49 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

FWIW, i've always purchased from them with a credit card, I do know they offer a PayPal option, but I didn't realize some people were having issues with it..

(2) All I ever got offered was the PayPal option and as a  recent thread here has highlighted, PP's exchange rates are totally abysmal  hence refuse to use PayPal for anything other than native currency eBay buys.

11 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

thought the issue with SimMarket was the theft of CC information. There was a heated topic not long ago along these lines.

Well said.

59 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Nice to see someone sticking to their principles

Thanks for that. I am not going to kowtow to a developer telling me where to buy a product any more than say The Meat Industry dictating that I only buy from Tesco!!

I have enough high-quality aircraft in my hangar to bypass Leonardo, if that's what they want.

Purely economics, I'm sure, For some developers, it is more cost effective to leave the selling to a re-seller such as Simmarket than to maintain an e-commerce site with the attendant liabilities and headaches.  Thankfully in a more or less  free-market world, we have the option to choose. 

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

I have enough high-quality aircraft in my hangar to bypass Leonardo, if that's what they want. 

Tough luck dude but +1 on sticking to principles. Hopefully Leonardo will sell through another channel one day.

7 minutes ago, Jetset408 said:

Tough luck dude but +1 on sticking to principles. Hopefully Leonardo will sell through another channel one day.

Thanks, Rob. Appreciate that.

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I have purchased almost all of my addons, which easily goes up in the thousands, from SimMarket and I love ❤ them.  Over the years, their support has always come through for me and they save my downloads, even from as far back as 2007, maybe even further. I can't ask for more than that.

There was a rumor that they were going to stop accepting Paypal, but they said they will continue accepting Paypal for customers.

I buy a lot of stuff for X-Plane and P3Dv4 and SimMarket has my unending support. I check their 👀 website several times every day for new releases.

Bob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(1) Had issues with their Support not responding when DD informed me that there was a free upgrade to DD's EPKK to P3Dv4. simMarket wanted to charge for it..

My opinion on this is that DD should be able to help you out no matter where you purchased the product, it is their product.

I had the same issue when Flightsimstore became a fiasco and not update any of my many purchases there including a lot of Carenado aircraft. I emailed Carenado about not being able get their latest updates and asked if I could get it through them. Carenado responded saying I would have to purchase my entire fleet again through them if I wanted the latest, updated aircraft.

Same issue with my A2A fleet except that A2A instructed me to open a store account on their website and they gave me access to all my purchases, what a class act that company is.

Good riddance Carenado and shame on you! I apologize for the rant.

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

As I mentioned above I’ve used simmarket without any issues however I Always do try and purchase directly from the developer if possible.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

As I mentioned above I’ve used simmarket without any issues however I Always do try and purchase directly from the developer if possible.

Yep. The quickest way to get your updates.

1 hour ago, mokeiko said:

Good riddance Carenado and shame on you! I apologize for the rant.

Don't apologize, I don't blame you. Disgusting customer service. They must think we all like them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

I buy a lot of stuff for X-Plane and P3Dv4 and SimMarket has my unending support. I check their 👀 website several times every day for new releases.

Bob

+1

FWIW, I usually get an email notification of updates for most (if not all) of the add ons i've purchased from them.....👍