pgde

UTL Update and Roadmap

FYI -- http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=17937&PID=81786&SID=3892-e88f5zce8aced9dc59fb5828356482&title=utlive-features-and-roadmap#81786. Below is the text of the post (by Steve Halpern, Flight 1) in case you don't have access to that forum. Please, no negative comments like "We have heard this before", etc. 

Hi,

We thank everyone for being patient during the UTLive development process. The following is our current roadmap for UTLive and PowerPack.

In reviewing PowerPack and new features that we feel are important, we came to the determination that the features of PowerPack are best incorporated into the actual product itself (especially as UTLive has a multi-page interface). The new edition of Ultimate Traffic Live will be version 2.0. Incorporating PowerPack into the user interface (UI) also allows more efficient development as it allows for a tighter codebase and functions can be reused more easily.

UTLive 2.0 will have quite a large number of exciting features and design changes. Version 2 is a free upgrade for all version 1 customers.

User Interface -  Redesigned for v2:

1. Statistics are redesigned and much easier to lookup airlines, airports, or aircraft types.
  2. The Route Map will now be on demand from the Statistics screen.
  3. Settings screens are more intuitive and easier to use
  4. Integration of Powerpack directly into the UI
    1. Modify the dataset for airports, aircraft, and airline information.
    2. Share modifications with the UTLive community.
    3. Import new or created flight schedules and share them.
    4. Share repaints/aircraft that you have permission to use with the community.
  5. Moved the simulated aircraft map and status board to the live FS environment. Running the simulation connected to the  live simulator makes much more sense.
  6. Easier assignment of aircraft repaints.

In-Simulator  Modifications and Additions for v2:

1. Flight Plans for all scheduled traffic has been modified.  New more accurate routing for departing traffic and simplification of arrivals to account for FS control of arrivals have been implemented.
  2. Modified Status Board, more screen, less bezel, ability to go full screen for multi-monitor users.
  3. World View Map from the original UI can be displayed and will show a mix of UT simulated aircraft and live FS aircraft.  No GA on map unless it is live.
  4. More accurate simulation of weather or maintenance delays on flights.
  5. More airline liveries available out of the box (the recent livery pack will be incorporated into the main installer). 

We are well into development of this new version. Barring any unforeseen issues that could cause delays, we are scheduled to enter beta testing in approximately 1 month. As announced previously in this forum, Tom has been dealing with a very difficult situation with his wife’s health issues and the time requirements in dealing with this have been tremendous. Although Flight1 is working  closely with Tom on development, unforeseen issues may cause delays. We will post progress reports here in this forum.  Also note that many of the above features are already incorporated into the project, however features are subject to change during the development process (as well as new features added that are not listed here).

• Like 6

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win7 Pro; 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; P3D v4.5 HF2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, pgde said:

Please, no negative comments like "We have heard this before", etc. 

We *have* heard it all before.

However, the things that interest me most are:

- Integration of Powerpack directly into the UI

1. Modify the dataset for airports, aircraft, and airline information.
  2. Share modifications with the UTLive community.
  3. Import new or created flight schedules and share them.
  4. Share repaints/aircraft that you have permission to use with the community.

- Easier assignment of aircraft repaints

- Flight Plans for all scheduled traffic has been modified.  New more accurate routing for departing traffic and simplification of arrivals to account for FS control of arrivals have been implemented.

And most importantly:
- Version 2 is a free upgrade for all version 1 customers.

Community involvement drives a product to improve or at least remain relevant. See Chaseplane community or Rex SkyForce presets.

What I like most about UTL is the injected traffic, where I can turn up / down the percentages of AI displayed and clear traffic ahead of me at a simple button press without reloading the scenario.

We'll have to wait and see if this is any better than AIG's freeware AIMOCI option before I reinstall UTL.

Edited by F737NG

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO) / Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 / ASUS GTX 1070 O8G / 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz / triple monitor

WIN 10 Pro + P3Dv4 + PTA + EnvTex + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + ASP4 + Rex SF 3D + ChasePlane

As a long time UT2 user I will watch this with interest. Would love to purchase another AI traffic addon which can give me realistic liveries/ planes at the right airports for both FSX/P3D

Folks, the topic of this thread is not AIG vs UTL.  You are welcome to continue that conversation in another thread.

• Upvote 2

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

How bout some updated GA models?

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

4 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Would be nice.  But I will also say, it sounds like we'll have an easier path to add our own GA models with v2.  We can do it now with v1, it's just a little clunky.

Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

Posted (edited)

I'd say patient.... Its 3 years of waiting for powerpack.  In the end a guy from the ai alpha group forumn made one himself.

By time it comes out, and that's if it comes the schedules if they are not updated will be 18 months old at best. 

Edited by fluffyflops

On 6/6/2019 at 10:45 PM, mpw8679 said:

That would be great.

8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Hoping for more accurate parking spots.  I use the product regularly and enjoy it’s ease of use, but at some airports, the parking is way off.  

8700K OC'd 4.8 Ghz, MSI Z370 M5, 16GB Corsair 3200Mhz, ASUS Turbo GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, Samsung SSD's, GoFlight modules, Oculus Rift VR

58 minutes ago, joby33y said:

Hoping for more accurate parking spots.  I use the product regularly and enjoy it’s ease of use, but at some airports, the parking is way off.  

That’s an AFCAD issue. Nothing to do with UTL.

• Like 1

-Alex 

29 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

wont make any difference buy the time they release in 2043 most airlines will be rebranded,  and we'll be flying to Mars 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

wont make any difference buy the time they release in 2043 most airlines will be rebranded,  and we'll be flying to Mars 

Actually, they'll release Ultimate Traffic 3, which will have even fewer features than UTL, as seems to be the pattern.

• Like 1

-Alex 

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Actually, they'll release Ultimate Traffic 3, which will have even fewer features than UTL, as seems to be the pattern.

And then abandon it again. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Chapstick said:

OK, for one who isn’t all that familiar with AFCADs, how do I fix those parking spots ?  

8700K OC'd 4.8 Ghz, MSI Z370 M5, 16GB Corsair 3200Mhz, ASUS Turbo GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, Samsung SSD's, GoFlight modules, Oculus Rift VR

1 hour ago, joby33y said:

OK, for one who isn’t all that familiar with AFCADs, how do I fix those parking spots ?  

You download the excellent free Airport Design Editor software from the Scruffyduck website and use it to adjust the parking spots in the scenery.  It allows you to link to the sim, so you can slew the acft to where it's supposed to be in-sim and then move the parking spot to the airplane icon in ADE.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box