Sign in to follow this  
nas123

My next flight will be in MSFS2020

Let's see......my next flight will be in the next 10 minutes, or so, and I can't believe how much I have spent on my siming.........$12 for FSX, $16 for my first joystick, and now $39 for my latest joystick.  Man, money just flies outta my hand!😱

• Like 3

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

@Paraffin @Rob_Ainscough I was answering @PATCO LCH wich is using P3D and he stated he spent thousands of dollars. I know XPlane users generally spend far less on their simulator 🙂

Let me clarify. The thousands of dollars mentioned was spent over a period of thirteen years, not thrown out at once. That includes three different computer upgrades as well as controls and many many  pay ware addons some of which are long forsaken, more of which I wouldn't consider my sim  complete without. No I'm not a rich man, I just love aviation and simming is as close as I'll ever get to flying an MD80, 747, Constellation or Bonanza. It is a big part of my life in retirement. Several of these aircraft I gladly repurchased when I stepped up to P3DV4. They mean that much to my enjoyment of life and I consider my sim a big part of my reward for having spent decades of making bricks for Pharaoh often without straw.😓 In other words working for the man. The point I so poorly made is I can't see laying all aside waiting for something not released and full of unknowns. I eagerly await PMDGs NG3 release but I'm not about to stop using NGX until.

If someone else can then I guess simming has a lower priority in time and money and I respect that probably more then most folks.  

FS2020 will probably be a nice 64 bit platform but it will be years for developers to bring it to the level of realism so many of us want. Hence time and money. For me that means Prepar3d  for years to come. So Noooch, put your saber back in it's scabbard. No offence intended to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Vic green

On 7/21/2019 at 1:17 PM, PATCO LCH said:

After spending thousands of dollars on new hardware...

There's something here that I think people are missing.  "...thousands on NEW HARDWARE."  I think we've all done that. 😄

I don't count what I spent on a few new computers in my flight simming expenses.  I sometimes use my computer for other things. 😄

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

My next flight will be with FS2004, simply because I'm in South Africa, & there is freeware scenery for the whole of the country, including roads, rivers & powerlines - there is no such scenery, freeware or payware for any other MS sim, & I fly the Avro Shackleton, as it flew from my home base, Ysterplaat FAYP, as well as the MB326, known here as the 'Impala'. These planes are also not available for any other MS sim, in SAAF (South African Air Force) colours. We have accurate cities, as well as all the Air Force bases, as well as the smaller airfields.   

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

On 7/12/2019 at 2:45 PM, nas123 said:

The problem with the flighsim from Microsoft is that I have lost all interest in simming in P3D. It just looks outdated and boring, even before MSFS2020 is released.

The first new flight I will be firing up is going to be in MSFS2020.

Is it just me?

Nope. Still have XP10, FSX Steam, FSX Original and Flight installed. Last time - some months ago - I fired up Flight. Now focusing on MSFS2020. I just know that if it will materialize only half compared to the few actual snippets we see then I will definitely buy it. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"