nas123

My next flight will be in MSFS2020

The problem with the flighsim from Microsoft is that I have lost all interest in simming in P3D. It just looks outdated and boring, even before MSFS2020 is released.

The first new flight I will be firing up is going to be in MSFS2020.

Is it just me?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, it's just you. My next flight will be the PMDG 737-700w NGX departing EGGP Liverpool about an hour from now (P3D v4) :cool:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Yep, it's just you. My next flight will be the PMDG 737-700w NGX departing EGGP Liverpool about an hour from now (P3D v4) :cool:

Have a nice flight and do not look too much at the cartoon cockpit grapichs.🤣

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Yep, it's just you. My next flight will be the PMDG 737-700w NGX departing EGGP Liverpool about an hour from now (P3D v4) :cool:

No, it isn't.  I recently rebuilt my sim PC with a 9900k (already had a 2080 Ti) and picked up another 1TB NVME SSD just to house my simulators.  I'm debating whether to even go through the work of reinstalling P3D, all my add-ons, configuring controls, tweaking settings, TROUBLESHOOTING ADD-ONS THAT DON'T WORK PROPERLY, and finally using the sim.  

About to have our 7th child and move into a new house.  By the time things are "back to normal" MSFS 2020 might even be out.

• Like 1

By the time he or she goes to primary school you may still be waiting..........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ailchim said:

By the time he or she goes to primary school you may still be waiting..........

🙄

yeah, that's why Microsoft mentioned 2020 in the release announcement.  

44 minutes ago, nas123 said:

Is it just me?

So your just going to wait in this virtual forum for the next 12 months waiting for next MS flight simulator?

Geeze get over it. Go and smell the roses. Fix the house. Install XP/Zibo mod. Anything.

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 2

I have to admit, that since the trailer I can't  even touch XP. I'm not saying that I'm gonna wait for MFS2020, but lately I only play DCS. 

Dude, everytime I saw those ugly clouds or the lack of AI traffic... I can't enjoy it enough. 

• Upvote 1

I'm going to keep flying in P3D all the way up until FS11 is released and I can see exactly what it ends up being.  And even if it's a good enough sim to get me to buy it, I'll likely still be flying in P3D alongside it for a very long time as I wait for the 3rd parties to sell new addons for FS11.  FS Economy alone will likely keep me flying P3D for years until (even if?) a client for FSE is created for FS11.

It's great that we have hope for the future of simulation finally progressing in a major way, but that progression won't be happening instantly or even quickly.  It will take time, and while that slow progress happens I'll likely still be flying P3D.

Unless of course MS hits it out of the park and releases a very serious realistic flight simulation with tons of 3rd party support at launch complete with full Simconnect support and way early SDK's.  There is a possibility my P3D days are numbered much lower than I anticipate.  I wouldn't be angry at that mind you, I simply don't expect MS to do that thorough of a job, LOL.

• Upvote 1

I am pretty much done with civilian sims for the moment also, especially P3D due to the very same reasons you allude to. DCS, on the other hand, still looks and performs great and for sure won't be threatened by MSFS, therefore it will keep me busy for the next months!

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

I've got a PC-12 and a Bell 412 in the FSEconomy game, with monthly overhead. I'd lose them if I quit flying assignments (my bank account in the game is pretty slim). The Pilatus is touring Japan in the first leg of what may turn out to be a world tour. The Bell was based in Idaho, and I'm now ferrying it over to the coast to check out the Orbx TE Washington scenery. Mostly deadhead flights in the Bell with fuel paid for by PC-12 jobs, because the FSE assignments aren't running in the right direction. And man, do those PT6 Twinpac turboshafts suck fuel!

So, no way am I going to quit flying for the next 12 months. And no way is the new MFS going to be working in FSE any time soon. 😉

You are not alone. I've been avoiding simming since the trailer was released. 

In the meantime, just doing other stuff and reading the news about it.

• Like 2

The problem is that unless FS2020 is highly backwards compatible (and I suspect it won't be, but who knows), then you could very well be waiting for YEARS before you start seeing the PMDG 737's and FSLabs Airbuses, etc., ported into FS2020.

If you want a glimpse of the ghost of Christmas future, just take a look at the PMDG Jetstream.  They still can't get it running in P3D v4 with all its system running properly, and FSX and P3D are very similar.

So I hope you like your default planes 🙂

My personal guess as a developer is that most people will be using P3D V5 in 2020 and 2021, and then once PMDG, Aerosoft, FSLabs etc., start figuring out how FS2020 works then people will start moving over.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, byork said:

The problem is that unless FS2020 is highly backwards compatible (and I suspect it won't be, but who knows), then you could very well be waiting for YEARS before you start seeing the PMDG 737's and FSLabs Airbuses, etc., ported into FS2020.

If you want a glimpse of the ghost of Christmas future, just take a look at the PMDG Jetstream.  They still can't get it running in P3D v4 with all its system running properly, and FSX and P3D are very similar.

So I hope you like your default planes 🙂

My personal guess as a developer is that most people will be using P3D V5 in 2020 and 2021, and then once PMDG, Aerosoft, FSLabs etc., start figuring out how FS2020 works then people will start moving over.

When the default planes look as good as these do, and I don't have to pay hundreds or even thousands to re-buy the same old add-ons, yeah, I'll gladly use those default add-ons and fly the most modern sim on the market.  

• Like 6

I believe the new MFS will have a big,big impact on us Flightsimmers and the developers. 

Just try to go back to FSX default from P3Dv4 + Addons. Who would like to continue with the old? At least for me it is impossible and I believe for most others as well. This is in our DNA. The same will happen after trying the new MFS. 

Even if addon sales for today's flightsims not will zero, it will decrease dramatic. And that will again result in no more addon developments as the customer base disappear. 

So I really hope all developers join ASAP. Get in touch with MS, ask, beg to get an early SDK

Edited by nas123
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

When the default planes look as good as these do, and I don't have to pay hundreds or even thousands to re-buy the same old add-ons, yeah, I'll gladly use those default add-ons and fly the most modern sim on the market.  

Isn’t the quality (or lack of) the flight model important to you? There are more import things in life than looks. Third party aircraft have always had superior flight models to the default aircraft in Microsoft flight sims for as long as I can remember.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I disagree with the OP.  I completed a flight yesterday in P3d v4.5, Fslabs, payware airports, and it was a beautiful experience.  Sure the new MSFS looks great, but I don’t take P3d for granted at all. P3d is looking fantastic. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

While Microsoft and Asobo hopefully get FS2020 ready for launch, I am getting my Quest Kodiak ready for a flight in Southern Alaska, along with a bunch of like minded companions..

As far as I am concerned, P3DV4.5. does the job nicely, and Tongass Fjords and Misty Moorings scenery is the best I have seen (anywhere)..

Enjoy your days/weeks/months on the Forum!

I am going flying :cool:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nas123 said:

The problem with the flighsim from Microsoft is that I have lost all interest in simming in P3D. It just looks outdated and boring, even before MSFS2020 is released.

Is it just me?

No... I haven't bothered with P3D since v4.1. I sold off my cockpit peripherals and have been on FS pause for quite a while. With all the excitement lately I just had to run P3D, but had a CTD 10 minutes before landing and suddenly I remembered why I gave up the hobby... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

Is it possible to play DCS single player?

Sure. Most people only fly single player on DCS. You can do campaigns, single missions, user generates content or even design your own sorties.

Great stuff.

The only thing that really missing is a dynamic campaign system, something that is apparently being worked on. 

43 minutes ago, okupton said:

I disagree with the OP.  I completed a flight yesterday in P3d v4.5, Fslabs, payware airports, and it was a beautiful experience.  Sure the new MSFS looks great, but I don’t take P3d for granted at all. P3d is looking fantastic. 

I did the same the other day and really could not feel any thrill or be in anyway excited by the experience. The FSlabs, and P3D in general feels so bland to me lately. I am almost uninstalling it completely. 

• Like 5