Sign in to follow this  
nas123

My next flight will be in MSFS2020

7 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

No, not hard at all to understand. What is is why give up the sim you now have waiting on something not even released yet and full of unknown variables especially if someone has already invested a lot of money in their present sim. It must be because simming holds a different level of prioritie in their life which is fine.

You don't get it, that's fine. But as you said, simming is very personal and if you look at youtube streamings, you will see youtubers perfectly happy with some sort of settings or configs you wouldn't be happy with. So I think the majority writing on this topic is not happy enough with their current sim without going brankrupt with enhancements addons. On the other hand, the trailer showed us incredible features we couldn't have been dreaming of like worldwide photoscenery or stunning volumetric clouds in a real simulator in the vase sim!

9 hours ago, Noooch said:

hope to get a descent sim out of the box.

There has never been a decent sim out of the box, unless you set the bar for what decent means really really low.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

There has never been a decent sim out of the box, unless you set the bar for what decent means really really low.

That doesn't mean there will never be am I wrong?

Edited by Noooch

3 minutes ago, Noooch said:

That doesn't mean there will never be am I wrong?

Out the box, the 16 year old FS2004 was a decent sim out the box, with decent flight models (for the time).

Obviously, the support of developers, freeware & payware, have kept the sim going.. So, yes, you are wrong!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

That doesn't make sense. It's like saying that has never been a game decent out of the box. 

Look, there are ton of games completely stunning out of the box, problem with sims is the lack of true sim coming out every 4/5 years. (Yeah yeah, we have P3D and XP, but the core of both is some years away) 

But hell, this can be a good sim out of the box. 

• Like 2

P3D 4.5 with a few thousand dollars of extras plays and looks OK (sometimes really good)! 

I have no idea what MSFS 2020 will be like. 

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

You are not alone by having no idea what MSFS 2020 will be like, as there is no such thing. (once again, why do people thumb suck product names?)

Maybe, when we have more information about Microsoft Flight Simulator, we will be more excited!

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

2 hours ago, aleex said:

That doesn't make sense. It's like saying that has never been a game decent out of the box.

You have to remember that there are some gamers who take great pride in announcing the fact that they've NEVER played a stock game.  It's probably best not to comment on this.

I'm not talking about adding content to a game to enhance it, like we do with aircraft and scenery (and weather) for FSX.  One really good mod that enhanced the game was the Grey Wolves mod for Silent Hunter 3.  But I played the game without it before it became available.  And I flew FSX for about 4 years before I added my first aircraft.

For what it's worth, the only things I've added to P3Dv4 were aircraft, Active Sky weather and Active Sky Cloud Art, and Accu-Feel.  There are places where the scenery falls down, but for the most part the sim looks very good indeed.  Outside the sim I use FS-FlightControl, mostly for airport diagrams.

And I have a LOT more flights to do before I retire P3D, if I do.

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

5 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Maybe, when we have more information about Microsoft Flight Simulator, we will be more excited!

What we have already seen is quite exciting.  It's not like the entire video and all the screen shots are fake.  And it's not like they are going to discard every feature they had in FSX, and those features will be improved over what we had in 2006, if only because we have new technology.

Microsoft Flight was a different kind of program which served a very different purpose.  MSFS is a continuation of the Flight Simulation franchise.

For example, if *only* 400 cities world-wide look like what we've been shown, that's still a lot more than FSX had.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Out the box, the 16 year old FS2004 was a decent sim out the box, with decent flight models (for the time).

Obviously, the support of developers, freeware & payware, have kept the sim going.. So, yes, you are wrong!

What's the problem with you guys :))

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wobbie said:

I agree, actually. FS2004 was much better out of the box, for its time, than FSX — graphics, performance, features, etc. If the new sim can hit that same sweet spot I’ll be very happy.

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

You are not alone by having no idea what MSFS 2020 will be like, as there is no such thing. (once again, why do people thumb suck product names?)

You know what I mean, is there any need to be so pedantic?!

1 minute ago, rocketlaunch said:

You know what I mean, is there any need to be so pedantic?!

Probably as pedantic as those who insist on calling the sim some made up name, I suppose, instead of what Microsoft calls it. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

2 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Probably as pedantic as those who insist on calling the sim some made up name, I suppose, instead of what Microsoft calls it. 

Why does it matter? I guess you weren't calling FS9, "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight". 

• Like 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

MS (Microsoft) FS (Flight simulator) 2020 (Microsoft said it would be released in 2020?!).