Sign in to follow this  
dojjan

Ads already

We know that my local MediaMarkt site has put it up as a product.

Now this doesn't mean anything, but anyways, interesting.

tO4CjXC.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dojjan said:

We know that my local MediaMarkt site has put it up as a product.

699? 😉

Niklas Graefe
Prepar3Dv4.5 | ASUS Maximus XI Code Z390 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2x 8 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 MSI Lightning Z | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Samsung 43'' 4K curved TV | Agronn 737 Captain's Yoke | FSC 737 Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

1 minute ago, threegreen said:

699? 😉

Yea sorry, that would be Swedish Krona, SEK. Which translates to 75 USD according to google.

Sure seems like putting the wagon before the horse doesn't it?  We haven't even seen a Beta yet and they are already promoting it?

I'll bet they messed up and released the ad too early.

Thank you.

Rick

$ Bronze Donor

EAA 1317610   

Gamestop, the largest games retailer in the world, commonly creates "placeholder" ads with estimated release dates and pricing, as soon as games are announced.  This literally means nothing.

Is your computer experiencing Blue screen errors? Download BlueScreenView and post a screenshot of the error.
BSODs related to overclocking and their solutions can be found in this thread @ Xtremesystems.
Intel desktop CPU de-lidding tutorial: right here at Avsim

It's pretty ridiculous to post the ad publicly this early though.

Of course it gives us another topic to discuss, discuss, discuss. 😁

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$ Bronze Donor

EAA 1317610   

Posted (edited)

Also could mean you might buy a base class simulator but to get the streaming map data there might be a subscription model.  Or it can mean nothing at all!  Without facts and evidence it's all just speculation. 🙂

Edited by carmined

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

1 hour ago, carmined said:

Also could mean you might buy a base class simulator but to get the streaming map data there might be a subscription model.  Or it can mean nothing at all!  Without facts and evidence it's all just speculation. 🙂

In nine days we will hopefuly know more. 

8 hours ago, dojjan said:

Yea sorry, that would be Swedish Krona, SEK. Which translates to 75 USD according to google.

Woah, I didn't expect that much of a difference. I thought 699 was a placeholder price deliberately that high.

Niklas Graefe
Prepar3Dv4.5 | ASUS Maximus XI Code Z390 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2x 8 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 MSI Lightning Z | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Samsung 43'' 4K curved TV | Agronn 737 Captain's Yoke | FSC 737 Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

3 hours ago, carmined said:

I think it very unlikely Microsoft will charge additional recurring fees on top of the already high price of approx $75 USD to have it look like the trailer. If they do that their new simulation will crash like Flight from a few years ago.

• Upvote 1

Such ads are typically sent out in advance of product availability, so while the timing is wrong (they're not supposed to publish them until a specified date) the information should be accurate.

The ad tells us two things:  One, the expected price: $75.  Two, the fact that it will be available as a stand-alone product and not require a subscription to obtain.  

If some kind person would translate the entire ad for us, we might get additional useful information.  For example, if a subscription is required it will be mentioned in the ad.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Posted (edited)

The site states the price is subject to change. The text contains no useful information. It says MFS is the next generation of the most populair flight sim and that you will be able to enjoy realistic detail in 4k. That's all. This ad clearly is a premature placeholder or even more likely an error: there also is a similar page on that site for an XBox One version... 🤔

I don't think you can conclude anything from this ad. I don't think MS had anything to do with it. Better forget about it. 

Edited by Flamingpie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1