Sign in to follow this  
dojjan

Ads already

We know that my local MediaMarkt site has put it up as a product.

Now this doesn't mean anything, but anyways, interesting.

tO4CjXC.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dojjan said:

We know that my local MediaMarkt site has put it up as a product.

699? 😉

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 minute ago, threegreen said:

699? 😉

Yea sorry, that would be Swedish Krona, SEK. Which translates to 75 USD according to google.

It means SEK 699 which equals about 67 euros.

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

Sure seems like putting the wagon before the horse doesn't it?  We haven't even seen a Beta yet and they are already promoting it?

I'll bet they messed up and released the ad too early.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Gamestop, the largest games retailer in the world, commonly creates "placeholder" ads with estimated release dates and pricing, as soon as games are announced.  This literally means nothing.

It's pretty ridiculous to post the ad publicly this early though.

Of course it gives us another topic to discuss, discuss, discuss. 😁

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Also could mean you might buy a base class simulator but to get the streaming map data there might be a subscription model.  Or it can mean nothing at all!  Without facts and evidence it's all just speculation. 🙂

Edited by carmined

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

1 hour ago, carmined said:

Also could mean you might buy a base class simulator but to get the streaming map data there might be a subscription model.  Or it can mean nothing at all!  Without facts and evidence it's all just speculation. 🙂

In nine days we will hopefuly know more. 

8 hours ago, dojjan said:

Yea sorry, that would be Swedish Krona, SEK. Which translates to 75 USD according to google.

Woah, I didn't expect that much of a difference. I thought 699 was a placeholder price deliberately that high.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, carmined said:

I think it very unlikely Microsoft will charge additional recurring fees on top of the already high price of approx $75 USD to have it look like the trailer. If they do that their new simulation will crash like Flight from a few years ago.

• Upvote 1

Such ads are typically sent out in advance of product availability, so while the timing is wrong (they're not supposed to publish them until a specified date) the information should be accurate.

The ad tells us two things:  One, the expected price: $75.  Two, the fact that it will be available as a stand-alone product and not require a subscription to obtain.  

If some kind person would translate the entire ad for us, we might get additional useful information.  For example, if a subscription is required it will be mentioned in the ad.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Is that ad still up on that site?

I'm still waiting for a complete translation.  Every word in the ad.  I can get the gist of it myself, but everything in the ad is significant to get the real meaning.

I am assuming this is a legitimate site.  The presence of this ad tells us that at least one legit retailer thinks the new sim will be a stand-alone product and even gives a price.  

I can't tell from what I see if the site is taking pre-orders.  I can't tell if a subscription is required.  

Hook

Larry Hookins

@Flamingpie

Thanks.  Especially for the link to the site.

There is a "buy" button.  I didn't click on the button to see what would happen.

The release date of 2020-12-31 is definitely a placeholder, as you know Microsoft will have it available for holiday purchase.  Someone mentioned that previous releases were in October which sounds about right.

There is no mention of a subscription being required.  

The text in the product picture says "Sales book today pay at release".

It would seem to me that it is way too early to be offering the product for pre-order, but the site believes that there will be a stand-alone version of the sim available and an approximate price.  I don't know what laws might apply, or how much they actually know about the new sim.  While none of this can be taken as official confirmation it does seem to be a legitimate sales offer.

Hook

Larry Hookins