Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

I would love to have a Cirrus Vision Jet (all-composite, low-wing, seven-seat, pressurized, cruises at 300 kn, 1,200 nmi range, whole-aircraft ballistic parachute system).

Not to forget the all new "Autoland" system for emergencies! :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

One or more dedicated STOL aircraft and realistic ground handling for landing on unimproved terrain.

• Like 2

I’d rather have incredibly realistic fictitious aircraft (I.e. ones where everything and anything can break) than quite realistic real ones, honestly.

It’s quite similar to the way the early versions of the current series of f1 games used to be where none of the cars would ever break down, or even suffer minor gremlins. 

My single most enjoyable moment on a flight sim was when the autopilot broke wildly in my pmdg 737. I would have been sacked for sure in terms of what happened next if it was real life, but I didn’t crash and got her down at an airport eventually! I used to deliberately not do a good job of maintaining the a2a aircraft I have in the hope something would break (the most that happened was a flap getting stuck). I have a rule now where I won’t buy an aeroplane add on if they don’t model a things breaking. 

I'm all for having fictitious aircraft. There are many that enjoy having fun, & not everyone wants 'fancy' PMDG type planes.

We are NOT lessor simmers because of that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

It doesn't need to be entirely fictitiious, just look e.g. Carenado/Alabeo, none of the aircraft features the name of the company that actually builds the aircraft.

Basic damage modelling like shredded tires and bent landing gear legs like in DCS would be really nice. This kind of damage modelling, plus the ability to e.g. fly formation with your own created AI traffic increases the likelyhood that the new MS sim might not replace DCS on my PC.   

• Upvote 1

Cars & boats please. It will be great to do a bit of city & sea exploring!

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

The way the sim works, with flying machines available in sections like props, jets, choppers, and gliders, to include vehicles and boats is not a big deal - but not flight. Perhaps a future chapter with the new technology, they can include other forms of transport. Maybe cool to include an odd section for other types of flying contraption. Or a way to make our own machines. Could become complicated, after all, a pogo stick is a kind of flying machine.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

lol. I remember cruising around Scotland on a HD Chopper once. Proper road handling and tyre physics on the simulated aircraft should help with the immersion on the ground and make for better cars.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks for reminding me, I also have a Harley and a bicycle..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

When you get into a plane at night, which is in a "cold & dark" state, it can be so pitch black that you don't even find the light switch for the cockpit interior, let alone the battery switch. A "torch or flashlight" (depending on what sort of English you speak 🙂) feature that works on a key-press to give you an interim light source until things are powered up could help.

• Upvote 3

Siggy Schwarz

Keep a Bic lighter, or box of matches, handy at all times...

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

3 hours ago, SteveW said:

lol. I remember cruising around Scotland on a HD Chopper once. Proper road handling and tyre physics on the simulated aircraft should help with the immersion on the ground and make for better cars.

I tried skiing down a mountain in a helicoter, I think in FSX; it worked quite well.

• Like 1