Sign in to follow this  
capceo

Preview Video for Upcoming Sounds

Hey everyone,

As most of you know, I fly the LR35 in real life. It's a rough job, but somebody has to do it.

This puts me in a great position to record real sounds off the airplane in a controlled environment. I recorded over 100 custom sounds, carefully selected the best ones, and began editing them. I worked on the sound files and provided a bit of quality control to ensure it conforms to the real airplane (as I do with every aspect of FSW projects). Al wrote all of the code for the new sounds, and I gotta say, he did a hell of a job. Just a quick list of *some* of the new sounds. ALL sounds were recorded directly out of the airplane I fly at work.

-Battery Master On/Off/Running

-Inverter On/Off/Running

-Avionics Master On/Off/Running

-Air Ignition Capacitor Noise

-Various Alarms

-Engine Starter, Combustion, Idle INTERNAL

-Engine Starter, Combustion, Idle EXTERNAL

-Door Latches

-Door Moving

-Gear Wind

-Tire Whine

-AP Disconnect

Keep in mind that several of the sounds that appear in this video are still pending final touches, and as such do not necessarily reflect the finalized sound files that will appear in the final release. Also, I'm leaving several of the sounds out of the video. Can't spoil everything :)

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by capceo
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 3

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Awesome sounds - thanks so much ! :biggrin:

One question --- what about the brakes on the ground that sound like a dog's squeaky toy ?? So appreciate everything you do, Joe :wub:

WAT1460.png

Love the sounds!  Can't wait for the update!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Joe, thanks for all the effort you put in this project, I really enjoyed the video....

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Hi Folks,

Hah - note the switches no longer appear to be shapeless grey blobs...

This is going to be one sweet ride...

:)

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks Joe, really appreciated all your effort on making this Lear the best of the best! Love the detail the FSW team buts into their projects. The Lear and Falcon are my go to planes for getting somewhere fast! 

Cheers

Martin

Yummy!  Awesome!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi, Capceo

I know that is a ruff job flying the 35,I bet you trudge to work everyday 😊  That is one that that is a real Private pilot like my self, would  love to have. 

Talking about the Hi pitch sound that starts the Batteries and Inverters are engaged. This is part of the realism of the Lear 35, and I think we need that, but in my Sim Cockpit it is so loud that it interferes with hearing ATC and take away from the engine sound too. In the real aircraft you can't turn the sound down, but do you know if there is a way to lower the sound in MSFS 2020

Any help of this would be greatly appreciated 

Regards, J26

Edited by J26

2 hours ago, J26 said:

Hi, Capceo

I know that is a ruff job flying the 35,I bet you trudge to work everyday 😊  That is one that that is a real Private pilot like my self, would  love to have. 

Talking about the Hi pitch sound that starts the Batteries and Inverters are engaged. This is part of the realism of the Lear 35, and I think we need that, but in my Sim Cockpit it is so loud that it interferes with hearing ATC and take away from the engine sound too. In the real aircraft you can't turn the sound down, but do you know if there is a way to lower the sound in MSFS 2020

Any help of this would be greatly appreciated 

Regards, J26

In case you are not aware, you are posting in a thread that is over 4 years old. Although Capceo was deeply involved with the development of the Lear35 for FSX/P3D, he has not been directly involved with the Lear35 for MSFS. I think you would be better served by seeking help at the Flysimware Discord where there is a lot of Lear development related activity.

https://discord.gg/aM3JDgmAwW

I will also point out the MSFS Lear35A is still in "Early Release" mode, and sounds have not been finalized.

Al