Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What missions do you want?

You would just need to load an extended range tank. 😁

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

29 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

You would just need to load an extended range tank. 😁

Actually, you could probably do it on normal tanks, but you'd be landing on fumes if you made it.  My longest flight was 1540 nm and I landed with 60 gallons remaining and was using 75 gallons per hour.  Hey, all part of the mission, right? 😄

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Well you at least had your required 45 minute reserve.😁

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

A personal pilot avatar that is you in the game.

I hope there will be a a reward system for exploring the open world (like in FSX) where you get badges or trophies for visiting certain places.

I'd also like "hidden" open world missions that you only can get access to by visiting certain airports. 

A career mode with things to do as a passenger or cargo pilot with a simple system/logbook to track your career and achievements.

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I love missions. Did all that were available in FSX/Flight/DTGFS and 80% of that user created ones. Also did around 20-30 by myself.

But for the long term something like Flights jobboard or aerocaches would be great. That was really a long term attraction. Maybe something similar to FSEconomy too?

• Upvote 2

Just gimme Weekly aerocaches to interesting spots. Enable 3rd Party devs to include aerocaches to their scenery addons would be great

• Upvote 2

I would love to see random jobs that occur in the real world and that give us something to do on a daily base think about:

• Dragging banners and towing sail planes
  • Crop dusting and cherry drying with a helicopter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBe9GEhc7pE)
  • Supplying remote and/or hard to reach locations in mountainous areas 
  • Transporting things like cargo and passengers (to and from random locations and with all types of aircraft)
  • Search and rescue operations both over land and sea
  • Medical evacuations and medical flights 
  • Patrol missions (maybe coast guard patrols or military patrols)
  • Aerial photography flights (of cities, specific buildings, a mountain, clouds, etc)
  • Tour flights and VIP transports
  • Dropping parachutists and cargo droppings
  • Taking an aircraft to a maintenance location or bringing it in from the manufacturer

Personally I would love to see these jobs tied into an advanced career mode (like I mentioned before in more detail in another topic), but they can also stand on their own easily. 

But I would also like to see more game-like missions and challenges. More of these should be added over time, maybe on a weekly base. I'm thinking about:

• Aerocaches and treasure hunts 
  • Try to land on a carrier (fighter jet) or cruise ship/oil platform (helicopter) with different difficulty levels (fair weather, windy conditions where the ship rocks)
  • Land a big airplane (747?) on a runway that is just long enough for it with different difficulty levels (fair weather, crosswind, stormy, in icy conditions, in low visibility)
  • Do some formation flying for an air show while being guided by the wing leader 
  • A day at the beach (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYexLE6Z7HM&t=653s)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Not a mission as such but I hope that the new sim will offer sceneries or will allow third parties to offer sceneries that are fertile grounds for generating home made challenging missions like the OrbX PNG sceneries are. 

PNG (and Papua), Alaska of course but also strips in the Amazon basin, Borneo or Patagonia !  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I actually liked the kind of missions in Flight. Maybe less Burger flights but anything airline tycoon like would be great, also with an FS passenger functionality which I used many years ago when I had more time for simming. Looks like MSFS2020 could get me hooked up again after years of non-simming, though

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Some of the Burger runs were pretty good though. I liked the one where you had to drop down in a valley after crossing some mountains.  The drop had to be fairly quick to make the touchdown point but you couldn't make the passenger sick. Fun.

Maybe MSFS will have some of these challenges.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Must have missed that 100$ burger 🙂.  Usually flew chicken around Hana most of the time

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Aren't $100 burger flights more like $1000 burger flights these days? Inflation ya know!

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm almost glad I don't fly for myself anymore due to costs. Insurance is especially wicked. 

When I started flying I could rent a C-150 wet dual for $12.00 an hour. You probably  can't get ground school for that now. 

I would really like to see Microsoft team up with  a good flight instruction group to give beginners a complete PPL course. This would be a great start for young or old aspiring aviators. I realize it wouldn't be adequate for FAA certification but it could make it easier to progress. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Gliem has done something like that with X-Plane. Not integrated into the core app obviously, but it is out there. Chris Palmer of Angle of Attack, now Aviatortraining.com had/has some online courses for simulators that covered primary training as well as airliners. He recently said in an interview that you’d be surprised how uninterested most simmers are at learning the basics of flying.  Most want to just jump right into the biggest jet they can find and exercise their airline captain dreams. Nothing wrong with that. I just found it interesting. 

Edited by snglecoil
  • Upvote 1

Chris

I'm sure that's true but there is currently a shortage of airline pilots.  if more young people don't get trained to fill the need in the next decade or less the industry will be in serious trouble. 

• Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor