Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

P3D 4.6

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I find the whole update thing confusing.  I'm pretty much brand new to P3d.  Never had a hotfix before.  Do I just do the client?

You can.. but it is recommended to do all components..

S.

sorry to hammer you with questions.  But how does that even work?  A complete re-install?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, micstatic said:

sorry to hammer you with questions.  But how does that even work?  A complete re-install?

Here is a step by step guide to the update using components..

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861

S.

thank you

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

That AFD file update sounds very interesting. Hopefully, it will stop AI planes landing on runways that have been specifically configured for take offs (and vice versa).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

Whereas I have no wish to spoil your fun confining your interests to the UK with ORBX True Earth GB, it has to be said that the land mass of the UK is small by comparison with Europe let alone the rest of the world. It seems prohibitively impossible to do justice to the whole planet with the same technology that we, let's face it, occasionally struggle with today even with the best efforts of ORBX. We need radical change in the way that the world is portrayed and delivered to the sim which MSFS may well deliver for us all. Whether or not LM will rise to the challenge with a worthy contender to Microsoft's offering remains to be seen. But as we are going at the moment, we are only really being delighted by a well-produced experience of a mere fraction of the Earth's scenery which, continuing at the present rate of development and with the current ESP-based software, could take many years to cover more significant landmasses than we are currently experiencing (I for one think ORBX's Honolulu is brilliant, but let's face it Hawaii is but a dot on the planet compared with Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas). 

Coming with a monthly subscription for all your LC data streaming goodness!

Make sure you have a superior internet connection with unlimited monthly data plan....

Have a feeling it “will” come at a cost!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

26 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That AFD file update sounds very interesting. Hopefully, it will stop AI planes landing on runways that have been specifically configured for take offs (and vice versa).

Correct! bingo!!!! this is very good.. 

S.

Sorry but what does "DIS" mean in the log?

Thanks and Regards,

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

DELETE

Edited by Le Français

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

6 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Sorry but what does "DIS" mean in the log?

Thanks and Regards,

Richard

DIS is a standard technology/protocol for distributed military simulation platforms. It is part of the ProPlus version of P3D.

This time the changelog doesn't distinguish between ProPlus and the standard version, I find it confusing too. There are a few items that only apply to ProPlus.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

18 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I guess 4.6 won't be coming that soon. Wouldn't they just wait and release 4.6 instead of doing HF2?

.dot releases are for substantial changes and features. Hotfixes are for ... well, fixes.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png