Sign in to follow this  
chevelle505

Remote map?

Could have sworn i saw somewhere a couple apps that allow you to monitor your flight on an android app or remote pc where you could view your flight, pause the sim ect. Any ideas what may work for P3DV4?

Window's apps: Avilasoft EFB, Little Navmap, others. FSCommander for FSX only. I've used all of those on a 2nd monitor,  same computer. 

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, chevelle505 said:

Could have sworn i saw somewhere a couple apps that allow you to monitor your flight on an android app or remote pc where you could view your flight, pause the sim ect. Any ideas what may work for P3DV4?

Hi...

If you happen to live and fly in North America - Fltplan GO - is the best thing since sliced bread... It's an absolutely free full featured EFB and is the only source of free georeferenced approach plates and taxi diagrams I have ever seen... Supports all our sims and all tablet operating systems...

http://www.fltplan.com/mobile.htm

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On Scott's recommendation a couple weeks ago I downloaded FltPlan Go; got a 10 in Samsung tablet and a holder, and it's all great fun!! I create the flight plan on my office desk computer and it transfers automatically to the tablet at the sim setup. I find it easier to create the plan on a large monitor.

Best FREE app that i have gotten in years!!

• Like 1

The one drawback is that you have to reenter the flight plan into the aircraft. In my case, that's into the GTN750. But its really neat to see your flight progress along the landscape and route, then when you have entered the procedure, and as you approach the first waypoint - initial fix, or faf, the chart overlays the landscape, and with one eye you can see the plane progress along the chart; other eye of course outside to the runway!

I haven't tried it yet but.. Is it possible to fire up the Navigraph app on the iPad while I have my flight going on the desktop and see the position of the aircraft at the same time?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

24 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I haven't tried it yet but.. Is it possible to fire up the Navigraph app on the iPad while I have my flight going on the desktop and see the position of the aircraft at the same time?

yes

• Upvote 1

Those are all very good suggestions, especially the go app, thanks for that one scott! However, what im talking about is an app i saw about 6 months ago that will let you remote monitor your flight via internet..in other words..when im in the middle of a 4 hour flight and the wife drags me to bed bath and beyond for an hour..i can check on my smart phone the status of the flight..and even pause the sim if you needed to..i cant remember for the life of me what it was called but it worked with p3d. Apparently fltgo app need to be on the same wifi as the sim pc which defeats the point as far as remote monitoring

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

If you happen to live and fly in North America - Fltplan GO - is the best thing since sliced bread... It's an absolutely free full featured EFB and is the only source of free georeferenced approach plates and taxi diagrams I have ever seen... Supports all our sims and all tablet operating systems...

http://www.fltplan.com/mobile.htm

Regards,
Scott

Ditto!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, chevelle505 said:

will let you remote monitor your flight via internet..in other words..when im in the middle of a 4 hour flight and the wife drags me to bed bath and beyond for an hour..i can check on my smart phone the status of the flight..and even pause the sim if you needed to

smartCARS Premium from TFDI Design Corp.  Pause @ TOD and pause under abnormal flight conditions.  We use this in the VA.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

I guess I've been missing out. Tried the Navigraph's moving map yesterday on my iPad while flying on my desktop and it's great! The only thing I'd moan about is the lack of world map on the app. I'll ping Navigraph about it.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

There is a tab at the top right containing High Enroute, Low Enroute, World Map.

Alan

Alan Finch

Windows 11, Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHz, RAM 32GB 

FsMovMap works great for me... Run the server on the PC running your P3d and have the map on your Tablet or Phone. Displays also VATSIM traffic.