Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

3 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

Flight semi is a niche activity in itself. The VR community is more than likely much larger in their flightsim community. I think we should bring in more new blood into flightsims. Think of it as an untapped resource.

Not really when you add in Xbox sales of this game!  VR on Steam alone is only 1% of users on PC which is by far a bigger VR platform than Xbox!  

The Xbox sales is the biggest draw for new blood than asking someone who’s never had a flight sim to go out and buy an expensive VR setup and top of the line pc to run the VR on!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

5 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Meh? Not always true. You always hear about the people that require the best and assume you need a monster. When I first tried,  I had an amd 4100 cpu and 8gb memory and gtx 1050 ti, and it was fine. I upgraded the cpu to an amd 8350 $64, and one more stick of memory $30, and I wont look back, oh, actually I can look back now. (Get it?) 

So you can get VR for less than $150 that`s more than an addon.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Not really when you add in Xbox sales of this game!  VR on Steam alone is only 1% of users on PC which is by far a bigger VR platform than Xbox!  

The Xbox sales is the biggest draw for new blood than asking someone who’s never had a flight sim to go out and buy an expensive VR setup and top of the line pc to run the VR on!

Here we go with the polls. On one platform no less. I’m taking total VR, but I wasn’t clear. Getting tired. 

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

And mixing total steam users, vs sales and or users of Microsoft flight sim. Skewed statistics.

9 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Don’t give PMDG any more ideas. Love their planes but they lost me. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

And mixing total steam users, vs sales and or users of Microsoft flight sim. Skewed statistics.

I can see Asobo now...dang it! I need to recount again! 1...2...3.. wait..

19 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Lol!

My OR sits shelved ATM due to bad blurry textures and horrible screen door effect!

I couldn’t even imagine how bad a $150 VR set would be!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

Oh, and the motion sickness comments..... before i started with VR, I honestly thought the same way.. as i refuse to go to the viewing deck of the CN tower in Toronto,  or stand on the edge of a drop off. But i had no issues flying a Cessna or piper. And funny, wouldnt you know it it's the same in VR. I hate in Google earth VR standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon,  but not once got sick flying a cessna, or 737. Only time I about lost it was in the f-4 at about 600kts and inadvertently glanced left while in a right hand turn. Yes, that was sickening

5 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Lol!

My OR sits shelved ATM due to bad blurry textures and horrible screen door effect!

I couldn’t even imagine how bad a $150 VR set would be!

Hey there now, I’ll have you know my google cardboard is great!

Edited by daveinca2000
More stuff

And so was my Samsung gear and S8 in FSX. just sold it for $35 dollars though.  It was a good start. 

6 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

Lmao!

Chris Camp

8 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

Interesting though how people read only the $150. And assumed it was for the headset. :S

I don't understand why there is resistance to the desire to include VR in the sim.  Its not like it is an "either/or" choice.  The challenges necessary for the inclusion of VR are not related to the challenges associated with adding seasons.  There is of course resources to consider.  For the VR inclusion you are looking at development resources.  For the inclusion of seasons you are looking at development resources and likely significant storage resources to account for the extra seasons.  It is possible that the limiting factor for the inclusion of seasons is not the development resources but the operational cost of maintaining the extra storage on their servers 

• Upvote 1