Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

Probably the delay of VR is out of their higher expectation of VR. They might want to do VR in a better way.

But that's not a proper way either. A "simple" implementation of VR will not harm a more advanced implementation later. 

"Advanced implementation of VR" most likely means better integration of VR control into the whole flying process. "Simple implementation of VR" most likely means just sitting in the VR cockpit watching all the dreamlike landscape, but that's mouth watering enough for most potential users, including diehard simmers, casual simmers, and general public. Why not enjoying the VR spectacles using the traditional flight stick? It's not awkward at all. 

It's more than that. It's also about building up the cutting edge image of the new cutting edge flight simulation. And that image should really be built up from the very beginning. And that's really simple to achieve, isn't it?

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 11:06 AM, mpo910 said:

Well......you don´t have to. But I have already so that is why I am chiming for it. I even wrote that I don´t have any numbers etc. I am chiming for those who want it too and hope they will react in here to make this low prioritised requirement getting up on their list and make it in release 1.

But still there is something else which I am interested in: Why is it that a flightsimmer does not use VR although flightsimmers are the same guys who are chiming for immersion? VR is immersion pure. It is the best you can get to be immersed. Being in a cockpit instead of sitting at a desk at home? 😉 Just frindly asked...

Inadequate  resolution for me at present, together with motion sickness at low fps

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Inadequate  resolution for me at present, together with motion sickness at low fps

On which headsets?

Re:  performance

Everyone please listen to the audio interviews with the devs.  The new sim is VERY performant and not even optimized yet, let alone close to done.

Edited by irrics

34 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Inadequate  resolution for me at present

Not any more. Hp Reverb 2160X2160.  Take a look:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=hp+reverb+vr+headset+specs+table&t=ffab&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.eagle.ru%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D210631%26stc%3D1%26d%3D1558680665

Compare the PPD,among other specs.  I have the HP Reverb.

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

39 minutes ago, irrics said:

Everyone please listen to the audio interviews with the devs.  The new sim is VERY performant and not even optimized yet, let alone close to done.

Yes. Wasn't the the Asobo interview by Avsim?

6 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

The blurries, pixilazation and horrible screen door effect have made me shelve my OR for over a year now!!! 

It's not just about SDE and FOV.  It's also about general performance impact and framerate.

I'm betting that being and MS product, they might only support WMR whereas the Oculus drivers with ASW are the performance winners at the moment.

Watch out for FlyInside as they have a very powerful addon for FSX and P3D, I'm sure that they will port to FS2020 if they can.

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

2 minutes ago, smoothchat said:

It's not just about SDE and FOV.  It's also about general performance impact and framerate.

I'm betting that being and MS product, they might only support WMR whereas the Oculus drivers with ASW are the performance winners at the moment.

Watch out for FlyInside as they have a very powerful addon for FSX and P3D, I'm sure that they will port to FS2020 if they can.

No SDE in HP Reverb. Minimum 20 FPS on very heavy scenery like KLAX, KLAS and so on. Average 30 FPS as it should be. 2160*2160 per eye which is 4320*2160 almost 4K. Medium settings like the most of the simmers. 8700K OC to 5.0Ghz and 32GB RAm with an 2080Ti. But also my 7700K to 5.0Ghz and 1080ti performed like that as I am not driving my P3D to the limits of the RIX. You should really give it a try. It is amazing! I tested 7 HMD and the Reverb is really another product. Rift S isn´t that clear. I read al my gauges inkl. the FMS without leaning/zooming in.

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

...and. HP has a 30Day return policy to let the buyers test there products. So......excellent in my opinion for those who are not 100% convinced

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Yes The reverb is very good, and I respect your opinion. Unfortunately my wide lizard eye IPD needs the IPD adjustment which is absent on the Reverb.  Everything looks very small and I feel crosseyed, being just on the edge of the sweetspot. I need to wait for the next gen of HMDs.

I have the DK2, CV1 and the Vive.

I stick with the CV1 for the moment with a 45 FPS minimum in FSX and X-Plane (90FPS in Elite dangerous)

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

A friend of mine who also has all the premium HMDs loves his Reverb. (and allowed me to test it before shelling out any money on my own)

It suits his IPD, so for him, it is a perfect fit.  He's not keen on the WMR tho which seems to be immature compared to SteamVR and the Oculus.

Nevertheless, the Reverb is probably the best HMD for FS2020 (so long as it fits your IPD.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Every review I’ve read of the reverb uses lots of words like “almost” and “just short of”. 

They may be trying to play beat saber while simming. Seriously, the real complaint are the controls, they are not elegant like Oculus touch. They work fine for simming. These same reviewers had problems with their HP's early Headsets--they have since corrected the problems. 30 day returns apply anyway.

10 minutes ago, smoothchat said:

so long as it fits your IPD

Fine for me, and my IPD is 67.

9 hours ago, daveinca2000 said:

You will love the HP Reverb Michael, if not then you have a 30 day return window. I got the Pro model for a 3 year no hassle replacement warranty for $50 more. Plus you get a leather face gasket and another shot cable for backpack computers.

I had this in mind, but they only sell the Pro in Germany anyway.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11