Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

WOW! WHAT A DAY PMDG 737NGXU RELEASED!

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

I'm struggling to see reason in this logic  It is a completely new model with development time and resource over years to bring this to life - AND its discounted at 100% for MFS next year.

But not really too different from the previous ones, except maybe from the wingtips and probably some systems, but not a completely new model. I still think it's too expensive.

Just my opinion. Cheers, Ed

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

What is worrying is that they have now confirmed by these statements that the NG3 for MSFS will cost at least $100. So they did not even consider reducing the prices to the old FSX era prices, which is very unfair because MSFS will be an entertainement product .Their excuse for raising the prices for P3D was that it was not an enterainement. They did not even take into account that with the MSFS release the flight sim genre will have the biggest player base in its history.

It's very dishonest to not reduce the prices, at least to the old FSX prices, considering all the benefits MSFS will offer to them

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, cepact said:

It's very dishonest to not reduce the prices, at least to the old FSX prices, considering all the benefits MSFS will offer to them

It's not dishonest, they can use any reason they want to put up prices.
Perhaps their costs went up since they released for FSX.

You can choose not to buy it.
If everyone did that, the price would fall.

I still think a whole new stream of customers from a gaming background, unused to paying for DLC costing 2x the original game price, will force developers to reduce their prices when they realise how much untapped revenue they are missing out on by charging the amounts they do now.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I tell you what, if I were Randazzo I'd put up the price to 300 bucks to get rid of this crowd 😁.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

and what is making me excited is that PMDG basically between the lines confirmed that they'll work for MSFS20 by making the NGX available on that platform, now MS can skip that 3rd party announcement, I am sold with MSFS20 and PMDG

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

People have been complaining that PMDG haven't offered any upgrade incentives/options and now that they have offered a pretty decent incentive, people are still complaining. 

The constants here are:

1) People

2) Complaining

I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't on the interweb.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

Adding some polygons is not a completely new model. Look what Aerosoft does. They give proper discounts for previous owners. PMDG themselfs lost me forever after charging 100% the same price again for the 64bit version. If you are a programmer you know what effort that was. Approx 2hours to convert it.

Just because you are a developer and know how to build a polygon model does not mean you understand anything about developing an aircraft of this caliber.   I wish people would stop being so simplistic.

Also, PMDG's business model makes perfect sense.  Aerosoft's Airbus is not the top dog in the Airbus community.   Therefore a competitive pricing model is exactly what they would require in order to get people to buy a new version.  Otherwise, it's FSLabs without question.  You need an incentive to re-purchase in this case.

PMDG is a Tier 1 product with no competition in the Boeing space.  From a business perspective it makes no sense whatsoever to drop the price at all because they have a captive market already.  It's simple micro-economic theory taught in universities and schools the world over.

Flightsim may be  entertainment for you but it's a business for those who make it entertaining for you - and the more they make, the more they'll keep on making.  

The question is, what is it worth to you.  But that's YOUR issue

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

smart guys will seal their wallet shut to all dead sims FSX, FSXSE, XP11 and P3D  They are already dead ducks ! . The fact the PMDG even mensions MSFS shows where the future Is. I will buy it day 1 but then again I never paid for the P3d version 

Happy days

• Like 1

ZORAN

2 hours ago, cepact said:

which is very unfair because MSFS will be an entertainement product

Oh come on now. Whether it's "entertainment" or "training" (/s)  it's the fidelity of the product that matters. And MSFS is from everything we've seen going to blow p3d out of the water - and p3d already wipes the floor with FSX.

You can't expect add-on pricing for a brand new platform to be the same as for a creaky old platform. That's like complaining because an oil change in your new Ferrari costs more than it did in your Ford. If you decide that it costs too much, that's entirely reasonable. But it's not reasonable to act cheated over a product that you do not own and are not forced to buy.

2 minutes ago, eslader said:

You can't expect add-on pricing for a brand new platform to be the same as for a creaky old platform. That's like complaining because an oil change in your new Ferrari costs more than it did in your Ford. If you decide that it costs too much, that's entirely reasonable. But it's not reasonable to act cheated over a product that you do not own and are not forced to buy.

You also can’t expect that that the add on price is almost the double than the base sim. 

I’ve only seen that on flight sim products (and at least DCS has 50/60% discounts, with a free sim base). 

Hopefully new gen of simmers will put this add on market back to the earth. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, aleex said:

You also can’t expect that that the add on price is almost the double than the base sim. 

Maybe, maybe not. I can expect that you have no idea how much the base sim is going to cost, because unless I missed a press release, they haven't released that yet.

6 minutes ago, eslader said:

Maybe, maybe not. I can expect that you have no idea how much the base sim is going to cost, because unless I missed a press release, they haven't released that yet.

You are right. None of us know yet. But I’ve never seen a game (normal edition, not collector or nothing like that) above 70€. So I don’t expect this one to be different. Don’t forget that is going to be released for Xbox.

And honestly. Even if it cost 100€, it will be cheaper than a PMDG full product line (almost the half). 

Edited by aleex

6 minutes ago, aleex said:

But I’ve never seen a game (normal edition, not collector or nothing like that) above 70€.

If you adjust for inflation they used to be a heck of a lot more expensive than that. I remember paying $50 (45€) for Thexder back in the 80's.

And it's more proper to think of "games" like this as "platforms." If I buy the Witcher 3, that's a game. There might be an expansion (which you should definitely buy) but there won't be a bunch of addons by a lot of different outlets. Games like that aren't meant to be platforms on which to build.

FSX, Xplane, P3d, and FS2020 all are platforms. It's like buying bare land with a tent on it. Now you can choose what kind of house you build on it. You can even choose to just use the tent and not spend any more money. But no one complains that the house costs more than the land it's on when they build a custom high-end house with only the best materials.

If you want to build a hut on the land to save yourself some money, that's fine, but it doesn't mean the guy selling the custom 5,000 square foot architectural build is ripping people off.

Carenado I'm sure will have plenty of low-quality simulations available for you to buy. If you want the best, especially in a niche market, you have to pay for it.

• Like 3

This is the first time I will defend PMDG. I for myself said I wouldn't buy the NG3 for P3D, because my fear was if the MSFS version gets out they will probably charge full price again. So now they transfered the NG3 to MSFS only and release another 737 base pack named "NGXu". I think the whole naming thing is actually backfiring on PMDG a bit. The thing is if you (like me) are one of those that are sold on MSFS and will most definitely buy the 737 for MSFS when it's out, there is no loss in buying the NGXu for P3D right now.

You're gonna have to pay full price for the NG3 for MSFS anyway. Did P3Dv3 owners get an upgrade price for P3Dv4? Did we get upgrade pricing from FS2004 to FSX (2 years time-span)? Do FIFA19 players get upgrade pricing for FIFA20 (1 year time-span)? So why should NGX owners get an upgrade pricing for NG3 (more than 8 years?)?

Keeping that in mind and knowing I will be getting MSFS and the NG3 for it, I consider the NGXu to be a free "pre-order" bonus. NG3 = price, NGXu + NG3 = same price. So why not let P3D go out with a bang?

• Like 3

They never said how much is the MSFS version going to cost. If it's $199 you will still have to pay another 100 bucks. Same plane, more cash... Nah, thanks.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11