Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

Season and Seasons and The Four Seasons not the pop group the weather.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

For me those are the priorities:

1. Reallistic Seasonal Visual Effects.
  2. Offline ATC that interacts with AI traffic.
  3. AI Traffic with reallistic routes and following real life schedules updated in real-time (if possible). Having real-traffic injected to the sim would be nice, but if not possible to integrate with the Offline ATC, I would rather see AI traffic controled, but based on real schedules.
  4. AI controlled fauna (I liked the idea of having the ducks migrating on the sim according to seasons, it's really nice to add immersion when flying VFR).
  5. More Photogrammetry cities outside the US added in future updates of Bing (I know it's not up to the MSFS2020 team, but still...). 
  6. AI controled trains and ships with real schedules (if possible). 
  7. I want it released before the end of this year. 🤣
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Many many things, but most important, in order of priority:

1) Detailed season rendition, including snow accumulation on all surfaces, blizzards and freezing of lakes;

2) Realistic storms and water reacting to it.

3) Highly textured and realistic mountainous area (I cannot tell yet how good mountain flying is so far) with river rapids on steep terrain. 

4) Realistic AI traffic, including planes, cars, trains and ships.

So much that goes into a good simming experience and so much they have already done right at this point. Thank you MS and Asobo! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ATC as ambitious as the scenery. Lets give them some specific ideas:

- Voice recognition for interaction with AI ATC
- Allow mixture of AI and human ATC in online multiplayer, so you get AI ATC coverage where human controllers aren't available
- Regional phraseology (E.g. millibars vs hectopascals - feet vs metres - point vs decimal in frequencies - stand vs gate etc)
- Regional accents for ATC and AI pilots
- Support SIDS and STARS (updatable by Navigraph, etc)
- Should be able to interact with ground crew for pushback
- Request diversion to planned alternate during IFR
- Request routing around bad weather
- Handle go-arounds / missed approaches
- Handle aborted take-offs (retry, go back to gate, or request emergency services)
- Support planned step climbs
- Respect / monitor speed & altitude constraints
- Request different approach / runway for landing or takeoff (sometimes this seems supported, but not always)
- IFR clearance should read out full route
- ATC should understand transition altitude and use feet vs flight levels as appropriate in messages and also not tell you that you're at the wrong altitude, because you've transitioned to a flight level
- Declare an emergency and divert to nearest airport
- Holdings
- Better separation of aircraft
- Terrain aware vectoring
- Real airline names
- It would be good if the ATC was extendible via the SDK. If phraseology was controlled by some user accessible configuration files, community could localize / improve it
- Allow builtin ATC to be turned off fully, for those using third party ATC

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

To me the most important thing is this:

In general a world that feels "alive" and not just flying over (enhanced) static satellite images. So; AI planes, trains, (believable) road traffic, ships, animals, power lines, windmills, smog, smoke, etc. 
The sky is already very much alive with the new weather and aerodynamics engine. Birds could add to the experience as could snow and other seasonal effects.

I really hope they will try to eliminate shadows from the satellite images (using some kind of algorithm and Azure), as they are static/baked and it will look strange at different time of day. Same for cars on roads. Hope they will find a way to make AI (road) traffic look realistic without using too many resources

• Upvote 2

VR

Seasons

Dynamic lighting

Wet rwy and aprons

Snow

Passengers simulation

Ai with realistic 3D sound

ATC

Good Multiplayer (shared cockpits)

Dash 8 Q100 or another STOL prop airliner.

Ambient Sounds of the enviroment and airports.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The good folks at Asobo have been reading all of our posts (even off topic references to golf). Hence the reason for this thread. And yes, much of this is going to be redundant. Asobo would rather wade through the redundancy than to have the forums go silent.

All that said, I want seasonal representation for the terrain and objects. I want object assets in a format that can be developed by Blender, a good freeware modeling tool. I want Simconnect, and have it enhanced to the point that FSUIPC will not be needed... or else get Peter Dowson on board, so he can develop FSUIPC for Dos Equis.

I want everything FSX has, only better.

I want several million dollars.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see an occasional human being. The visuals of the new MSFS are stunning, but the absence of humans on the ground is startling. It reminds me of the movie "On The Beach" where streets are empty except for blowing trash after a nuclear war.

Anyway, I see a lot of "wants" on these pages and good luck to the developers in accommodating some of them. I am pleased that Microsoft is getting back into flight simulation with gusto.

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

I'd like to see a video of an Asobo dev team meeting - maybe a weekly one, even if slightly censored. They have done a good job of making us feel like a family (well most of us anyway) and I think it would be a wonderful insight into their team dynamic and their characters.

They've already shown this to a certain amount and I think it's wonderful.

- Seasons 

- Snow forming on the ground

- Rain puddles on the ground and water-ripple effects when rain drops hit them

- AI traffic following SID and STARS

- improved AI behaviour on the ground (smooth taxi and turns)

- Jetways, pushback and catering trucks working with AI traffic

- improved ATC

...probably not gonna happen all in the initial release but I hope these features will be implemented in the future

• Upvote 2

Sounds of the aircraft lavatories flushing

Screaming children

Drunken passengers causing a disturbance

Pilot and co-pilot asleep in the cockpit

Run away beverage cart on the tarmac

Holiday freeway traffic arriving at the airport

Airport loudspeaker announcements...."There's no parking in the Red Zone...The White Zone is for the loading and unloading of passengers".

Hare Krishna banging tambourines begging for money

Just trying to make it "as real as it gets"!:biggrin:

• Like 6

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

• Environmental effects/accumulation on planes, such as dirt/bugs and the ability to clean it off by flying in the rain, and/or wipers. I just watched Jerry Wagner, on YouTube, do this in his Cessna 410. 
  • Damage model and survivability rating after a crash. Maybe a TODO for 3rd party devs since Asobo won’t include due to licensing.
  • Controller profiles for each plane. see X-Plane.
  • Robust view options with custom assignments. See X-Plane.
  • plane and boat traffic comparable to X-Plane. Cars in FS2020 detract from immersion at this point. They look like the default traffic in FSX so far.
  • I also want VR no matter how simple. I can deal with it...really ... I also want ATC and seasons...

Long term goal:

Allow a unified world simulator for all manner of flight, train, car, ships to coexist in real-time  multiplayer. 

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

Depending on the weather engine, it would be nice to have some ability to have historical weather. Perhaps a pilot wants to see that supercell move through his area from a month ago... to be able to test his skills or just experience it (perhaps over and over until he gets it right).

Saved flight might have this ability, but what if you're away from the sim and miss a great weather event? It would be nice to be able to dial it up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mausmaster said:

To me the most important thing is this:

In general a world that feels "alive" and not just flying over (enhanced) static satellite images. So; AI planes, trains, (believable) road traffic, ships, animals, power lines, windmills, smog, smoke, etc. 

I’m really glad you brought this up.

I completely agree. I have found myself looking down at the world below and hoping to see more action down there than I have so far.

This kind of stuff really could bring a ton of immersion to the simulator particularly when you’re on final approach and there’s a whole bunch of stuff happening on the ground below you   

• Upvote 1

- multiview support (important for cockpit Builders)

- De-icing vehicles with functional Liquids (since we now will get icing)