Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What We Want (Part 2)

Full weather effects around airports: accumulating rain/snow/ice visible on ground and on planes. Rain/snow removal trucks. Deicing/anti-icing stands with animated cleaning vehicles. Real-world consequences of snow/ice accumulation on various plane surfaces with corresponding adverse flying effects if not properly cleaned before takeoff. Even after cleaning, must heed a quick takeoff before reaccumulating snow/ice. Taxi effects of plane maneuvering around contaminated aprons and runways, like skidding or wheeltruck damage. Visible ground accumulations of rain, ice and snow which gradually disappears as service trucks clear it.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

option to disable head-bobbing/movement for people who get nauseous.

Good idea, but some (like me) may prefer this effect maxed out on the contrary.

So even better, a slider to diminish to zero or augment to max this camera effect!

• Upvote 1

I just went through and deleted a good 3 pages of off topic and VR posts.

This topic is for listing what you want, not having lengthy discussions supporting your request. Please keep it that way.

We now have a sub forum for all VR discussions and comments.

As suspected, this What We Want topic #2 is following the same route as the original. Virtually everything that has been listed in this one is in the original.

How about something new?  

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

That crummy "W" key view in FSX, the "a few low quality gauges" only view... replaced with a decent quality head up display, complete with altitude, heading a velocity vector etc. Has a number of advantages. 

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

I just went through and deleted a good 3 pages of off topic and VR posts.

This topic is for listing what you want, not having lengthy discussions supporting your request. Please keep it that way.

We now have a sub forum for all VR discussions and comments.

As suspected, this What We Want topic #2 is following the same route as the original. Virtually everything that has been listed in this one is in the original.

How about something new?  

I did say back in page 4 already that this thread was going the same way the previous one did but no one cared.

I know that this is technically very difficult to implement, but "follow the greens" system would be awesome.

EDIT: On a second thought, not that hard. I was initially imagining it along the lines of automatic taxiway recognition and ability to set it by ATC when flying online. But it would already be tremendous if there was a facility where we can set the assigned taxiways ourselves and then it would provide guidance as it normally would.

Edited by Evros
  • Upvote 2

Maybe the light green, or even the blue system could be better, under the circumstances. But certainly not the florescent orange, system.. Never that! 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I or many of our members have no idea what you are talking a bout. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

It's all symptomatic ally about the systems. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...