Sign in to follow this  
ArchStanton

November 27th, 2019 – Development Update

12 minutes ago, jlund said:

If that's the case, they could mention that.

They did, straight from their website (or top post):

Presented at our Global Preview Event, Episode 4 (COCKPITS) features ...

• Like 2

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Awesome.  What I saw was amazing TBM9 and C208 cockpits.  Some sort of RNAV functionality (GPS) with a direct to....I also noticed the PROC button was greyed out....hopefully will be colored for release version.  I saw WX radar on the caravan (would imagine TBM has the same)....the interior lighting looks great! (although we sort of have that now with P3D v4 and definitely with XP11)

I'm excited to see what avionics they have in the CJ4 and if its reasonable enough to do vatsim/Pilot Edge etc (basically you need updatable data/instrument procedures/SIDS+STARS).  It looks like CJ4 has all ProLine 21 in it....maybe MS will surprise us!

edit: And yes, the X-Cub has a cockpit nearly exactly like the MS video.

lol just realized they must have read these forums right before posting...referencing Andy's "25000" post lol

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

23 minutes ago, kand said:

What does 25,001 mean???

it was a direct reaction to this comment on a post today:

We have now passed 25,000 posts about a piece of software which is a year away from release, and about which we haven't been given all that detail.

woah i am happy its 00:07 and i can finaly go to bed, the new video was worth the waiting!

Nice information for 3D modellers like the 4k PBR Materials!

Edited by Nedo68

Wow, I thought it was a photo when those leather seats appeared... The cockpits and cabins look amazing, and the UI for the checklist system seems very functional and polished.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 5

WEATHER RADAR !

FMC !

NAVAIDS !

FLICKERING LIGHTS !

LOOKS BETTER THAN REAL !

I`M FREAKING OUT !

• Like 9

Love the checklist system. Makes it a lot more accessible than trying to learn from a PDF!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Rich Holding

I got to see a quick glance of two planes ( excited about all of them ) I am really excited about, the TBM 930 with the functioning G3000 ( sure they all need work still, tweaks, etc.. ) and the X-Cub, now if they would let me see a peak of floats for the X-Cub 🙂 Amazing stuff and for someone like me, the ability for complete Manual checklist, Semi checklist, or fully Automatic checklist for when I am lazy, which is often, and the graphical look of the checklist looks great to me, modern, etc... And the fact that they are like their real world aircraft in the default sim, stunning!

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Two things which made me very happy are:

- Deferred rendering PBR engine. This means, basically, much better Dynamic Lighting, which will not be so much affected by the number of DL present in a scene.

- SSAO ( Screen Space Ambient Occlusion ), which will be as huge time saver when modeling any kind of thing, since right now we (well, not everybody...) had two use two different kind of baked AO, one for the micro-details and repeated textures, which went in one of the textures channel, which I think will still be available, and a separate one using the 2nd UV channel, to do a 2nd pass to provide an AO that is related to the overall object mesh. With the sim doing SSAO in realtime, we'll save that 2nd pass. Not much for a performance benefit, but mostly to save time while developing objects.

• Like 6

At 2:04 in the video, on one of the screens in the background, it seems to be a C172 Cessna Skyhawk cockpit with analogue gauges, rather than the Garmin glass cockpit.

Edited by seamaster55
  • Like 3

The cockpit builders will surely be relieved now that it is confirmed there will be multi-screen/window support at release.  If I'm not mistaken, that wasn't a certainty up till this point, but maybe I missed that.  Neat to see they have their own in-house DR400 cockpit up and running.

I don't see how any of the avid flight simmers in these forums aren't super psyched about all this.  No doubt there will be much work remaining to fill out the flight sim down the road, but it appears this will be an incredibly advanced product right out of the box.  

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 6

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I very much like the idea of scalability. Get a beginner going by guiding him from cold and dark to takeoff giving him a possibility to learn basic procedures without going through 100s of manual pages. Just learning by doing. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Shut up and take my money!

Seriously it's absolutely stunning.  I love the way the checklists are implemented, i think it will lead to a lot more people starting cold and dark.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

Shut up and take my money!

Seriously it's absolutely stunning.  I love the way the checklists are implemented, i think it will lead to a lot more people starting cold and dark.

indeed.    If this is the quality out of the box, just imagine what we can expect from PMDG and other 3PD's who will have to go one better, (not an easy task).

Meeecrosoft Flight Simulateeur  for ever !!

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.