Sign in to follow this  
carmined

People are flying in MSFS right now

12 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

The more people who test the Alpha the more bugs they will find which should hopefully mean shorter build times and a quicker release.

Quite the opposite instead. If testing is thorough and many bugs are found, then there is more to fix which will take more time. And more likely it is not the bugs that keep this thing from releasing, say tomorrow, but the fact that this sim is still under construction and lots of functionality is still missing and being worked on. For all intents and purposes, it might be bug free but still ways out from being complete.

Edited by Evros

9 hours ago, cepact said:

how does that make you feel ?

Very good.

The more it gets tested the better the endproduct will be, and that's all that counts when we get our hands on it.
In 10 years time there's nobody who remembers how long he had to wait, but everybody remembers how good it was 'out the box'.

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

8 hours ago, Evros said:

Then why do you waste your time reading these forums?

Basically, to see just what depths people will sink to, regarding this new sim. I guess any topic will suffice in venting about this.

Now if the OP had asked how I feel about world peace or the Volcano disaster on White Island in New Zealand, in fact, anything at all that REALLY matters. Maybe even a topic that we can actually can do something about .... 

4 pages of responses... I cant believe it. I wonder what the OP wanted to achieve with this thread.

Regards 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

4 hours ago, mSparks said:

That guy has been ousted as a liar:

This guy doesn't have access to the alpha, so don't believe anything he says. He's also making up some lie about only having access to 50 miles around airports? which isn't true, at all. He's either trolling or wants attention.

EDIT: And I'm going to guess he's using multiple profiles to post all this ****. Another profile, this one specifically, oddly enough made the exact same specific 50(n)m claim, on the very same day the alpha invites finally happening was announced (So he magically got his invite at that moment, as one of the only ones and installed it, and tested it). Post was removed; https://i.imgur.com/DzlY21O.jpg

And x6 making that claim; https://reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/e9biyf/all_i_want_for_the_holidays_is_an_invite_from/fahtpij/?context=3

It's like he has an agenda or something, to make it sound worse than it is...

He sounds a lot like you if I'm being honest lol.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 10

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

25 minutes ago, Krakin said:

very same day the alpha invites finally happening was announced

Not sure that shows anything other than he has faster internet than you.

20 minutes ago, DadJokeCinema said:

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that the 50 mile thing is not accurate.

First I've heard of it. But it makes sense doesn't it? no point doing a full build of all scenery while its still under development.

Just using AI to compile taxi routing for my ATC stuff takes me a week of pretty substantial CPU time, processing all the way through all the data MS have to work with is going to take a couple of data centres quite some time, no point burning all that electricity when you know it will need doing again without the bugs.

Could be "one person posting under multiple identities".

could be multiple people reporting what is actually the case. Not sure it matters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Alpha software is software that is not thoroughly tested by the developer before it is released to customers. Alpha software may contain serious errors, and any resulting instability could cause crashes or data loss.[2] Alpha software may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version.[3] In general, external availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software, while open source software often has publicly available alpha versions. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete. A beta test is carried out following acceptance testing at the supplier's site (alpha test) and immediately prior to general release of the software as a product.[4]

A/B testing can also mean that just because one person has it, the other might not, so even someone coming out saying they have more doesn't make the other a liar.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

23 minutes ago, Krakin said:

He sounds a lot like you if I'm being honest lol.

It's definitely him, he's has a massive agenda going, that's for sure.

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The forum is Running up to the level of changing your profile information (I just put in a profile pic), looking at the landing page, etc. But it still has a message that it’s under construction, so no posting yet.

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

My agenda is transparent as glass:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/557988-msparks43/

Others, not so much.

I can't imagine someone coming to a forum every day and posting the same thing on Reddit with different accounts with the sole purpose of putting down the excitement of others for a new game is particularly happy in life.

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Like 3

Topic flight Simulator (only one) in section other Simulator in xplane.org is closed so he come back here....