Sign in to follow this  
carmined

People are flying in MSFS right now

9 minutes ago, molleh said:

tM4tyUG.png

Did I do well?

I'm glad that I didn't add mSparks to the ignore list. Just got my first cup of coffee and his furious attempts to discredit everyone and everything made me laugh as usual. Ignoring him would also make Alans great replies less funny to read.

Please continue feeding this all-knowing troll. If you don't take him serious, it's actually quite funny. 🙂

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I dare ask - how has this thread been allowed to continue? 

Funny how Reddit /r/flightsim has had a shout out 2 weekly updates in a row now it's almost like they don't have trolls derailing every discussion and they get to talk about useful things. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FDEdev said:

I'm glad that I didn't add mSparks to the ignore list. Just got my first cup of coffee and his furious attempts to discredit everyone and everything made me laugh as usual. Ignoring him would also make Alans great replies less funny to read.

Please continue feeding this all-knowing troll. If you don't take him serious, it's actually quite funny. 🙂

Personally I ignored it because I have little time to devote on the forums, and I am like most of the newcomers here especially looking for information on this simulator.

I'm also here to answer questions when I have the answers, because since E3, I've managed to collect a lot of information between interviews, sites, and different forums.

And sometimes some people have legitimate doubts about some aspects of the simulator (and I can have some too) and it's interesting to open the discussion on these points. In an open way and with the aim of mutually enriching each other. In short, an adult conversation.

And it's not necessarily right away that you realize that you're facing a troll. And after spending 2 hours on xplane.org explaining how to argue for nothing, I thought stop. I have other things to do than read nonsense. So I don't know, it makes the forum more readable. Less funny but more readable.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, mSparks said:

I currently count 5 testers to zero point fife the answer is no, its a broken alpha with years before it can match the competition. (zero point fife, because one guy said "yeah, its good" but he has since stopped testing and gone back to his favourite sim).

Happy to (re)post anything to the contrary. Just show me something to the contrary. @Greazer should be shouting from the rooftops how great it is by now, after he wasted so much time telling everyone how great it was going to be.

After 2 days of Alpha testing I can report this sim is absolutely [censored].  The graphics and scenery are just [censored].  The flight models are [censored]. And frame rate performance is actually [censored].

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Greazer said:

After 2 days of Alpha testing I can report this sim is absolutely [censored].  The graphics and scenery are just [censored].  The flight models are [censored]. And frame rate performance is actually [censored].

played.

Hoping you get on alpha 2?

AutoATC Developer

12 minutes ago, Greazer said:

LOL!

20 hours ago, mSparks said:

@Greazer should be shouting from the rooftops how great it is by now, after he wasted so much time telling everyone how great it was going to be.

Wait, what??? @Greazer....the original MFS naysayer? You are saying he is now an MFS evangelist? ...interesting. 

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

2 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I am on the dark side now.

I look forward to your impressions when you finally get to share them.

Chris

10 minutes ago, Greazer said:

7ea.jpg

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

The few alpha testers I've talked to are similarly impressed with the sim.  It's clearly still an alpha version but the potential and scope of it is mind blowing.  Simply a generational step forward for the genre.

It's about time!!!   One more year...

I am not yet in the alpha so the following comments come from a Frenchman, who is in alpha and who has written on a French forum. I'm not going to give the source to not give the nickname although I think he didn't post that on his nickname ms.

Finally received the alpha:love tech: 

Good NDA all this then I will not go into details but.... since I am an IRL pilot I had dropped P3D because I found that there was too much focus on automatisms, with users who required ever more advanced but "perfect" systems, resulting in many flights at PA/FD/ATHR from A to Z, no surprises.  By doing so, besides the static side of FSX/P3D at the meteo, atmosphere, etc... no choice. 

This opus risks changing the game, finally a simu that seems alive, that can surprise its user.  It reminds me of the good old days of Flight Unlimited 3 for those who know it, in a modern and grandiose version. 

(with deepL)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, azulkb said:

......It reminds me of the good old days of Flight Unlimited 3 for those who know it, in a modern and grandiose version......

Now that sounds very interesting. Flight Unlimited 3 (plus the FU2 San Francisco scenery) was effectively the sum total of my flight simulation life between 1999 and 2008.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Flight Unlimited 2 had so much character. One of my favorites. If MFS can capture some of the fun from that title, that would be amazing. 

• Like 1

Chris