Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

I Predict We'll Buy XBOXs to Run MSFS 2020

4 hours ago, Paraffin said:

The point here, is that consoles can never match the incremental upgrades you can get on a PC over time.

It's not that they can't do larger incremental updates, it's that by design they don't. One of the big reasons for a console is that the target for developers doesn't change and gamers don't need to worry about whether they have a machine with the right specs or not. Every game will run the same way on a given console system. Don't see them straying very far from this formula with the new generation.

I'm not buying this at all. PC's have the edge all around due to the available peripherals. 

Expansion and upgrade is also in the PC realm. However, we shall see. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

5 hours ago, 188AHC said:

PC's have the edge all around due to the available peripherals. 

Right answer to the wrong question.

The question Microsoft execs asked them themselves before throwing all this money at MSFS2020 is "Does it make people buy XBOX2020/Microsoft hardware and subscribe to gamepass".

Which is where quotes like:

Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation. We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.

on https://www.flightsimulator.com/

Are coming from.

AutoATC Developer

All the brags and boasts, but most of us will end up with both versions eventually....

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

All the brags and boasts, but most of us will end up with both versions eventually....

That's yet another prediction without anything to base it on.

i play videogames, i like Steam, i like mods and what a PC offers me. A console doesn't offer the same experience nor the same games with the same experience nowadays.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

I mean, this is technically true if you get the X-Box Gamepass, now whether or not you can play both, is a different answer.

On 12/16/2019 at 6:07 PM, rjfry said:

Yes they are going to dumb down the PC version🤗.

If you're making a joke, apologize in advance, but they're not dumbing down the PC version.

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I mean, this is technically true if you get the X-Box Gamepass, now whether or not you can play both, is a different answer.

If you're making a joke, apologize in advance, but they're not dumbing down the PC version.

it was a joke hence the smiley. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

ttps://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09/25/mouse-and-keyboard-support-for-xbox-one-developers/

This is a year ago now available mouse keyboard and other controls, MS must be gearing up for next year could we see the sidewinder make a comeback.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

last year i bout a xbox one x just for RDR2, i am still a 100% PC User tho!!! 😁

But i learned consoles are nice, throw yourself on the couch,

press one button on the wireless controller and XBox & TV autostarts,

very nice for casual gaming.

5 minutes ago, rjfry said:

ttps://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09/25/mouse-and-keyboard-support-for-xbox-one-developers/

This is a year ago now available mouse keyboard and other controls, MS must be gearing up for next year could we see the sidewinder make a comeback.

As a sidenote, thanks Raymond, for reactivating the nice forum pic.🙂

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

Not me, I've never owned a game console. Well, except for the old Colecovision that we had many years ago, when our kid was young (anyone remember Zaxxon?)

I do a lot of gaming other than flight sims. Most of the AAA games I'm interested in show up on both PC and console these days, and I play a lot of strategy titles that are PC only.

I've been able to afford keeping up reasonably well with PC hardware over the years, and can usually troubleshoot any hardware/software issues. So the simplicity of a console isn't that appealing either.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Plus consoles can be taken on vacation, to a friends or family members house, to give you your MSFS fix and other games when away. I would imagine if multiplayer is nice on the console, and maybe the console and PC versions can connect together in multiplayer, I have no clue, that could be fun, I guess! Of course maybe also you will be able to play MSFS on a decent laptop too, while away from the place you live 🙂 Used to take my laptop and a cheap $20.00 controller with me several times a year, as FSX was so old it would run on most decent laptops 🙂

Also people keep saying don't take away from the main development team to do other things. As far as it looks in their hiring they are hiring specific people to work on parts of the sim, a job for a Mission Designer, or Aircraft Designer, etc... is just that. That's the way I see it! It appears they are also hiring more base sim development people too!

Didn't they also have a mission at the XO19 show landing at Courchevel Airport? Just because something is in the sim or made by as 3rd party developer, doesn't mean you have to use it 🙂 Don't like missions or career mode, don't fly them, aren't interested in jets, don't fly them. That's why they are trying to give people options 🙂 I think?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

22 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I'm not buying this at all. PC's have the edge all around due to the available peripherals. 

The Xbox One (and Xbox Series X) both run/will run a modified version of Windows 10, so there's no reason they couldn't theoretically support most PC flight sim peripherals natively if they wanted.

Nonetheless, I don't expect most flight simmers to "upgrade" to a game console.  For one, there's lots of older folks in the community who just... won't.  For two, consoles are more locked down - both in terms of how you can modify software, and in modifying hardware.  Now I'm sure MSFS will have official add-on support on console, but I expect that to be via a listing of "approved" add-ons within the game, whereas the PC version will offer more freedom.

And of course, PC's are more versatile for other tasks.  A console is only a good purcahse if you intend to play other games.