Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 16th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

Even Greta will be happy as we dont need to travel on real Aircraft any more...

I am totally speachless of what they are making. Far beyound expectations.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Heff said:

Even Greta will be happy as we dont need to travel on real Aircraft any more...

"I'll dare you!!!"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

2 hours ago, in2tech said:

And at 9:00 when he is adjusting the Wind...

Don't forget...balloons.

Edited by Bottle
  • Like 2

This video is a vindication of having an open cockpit biplane in the sim 😉 ! Imagine the wind howling through the wing pylons of Stearman, a Vimy or a Camel !

PS speaking of howling, I am a little disappointed not to hear wolfes in Alaska but then again I've played The Long Dark a lot these recent months 😋 .

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, lzamm said:

That list of simulation variables looks uncomfortably familiar for a new sim...

My understanding was they were showing the backwards compatibility simvars

It is a great video as usual, and keeps my hype up.

I have no idea about their sound tech and if/how it differs from say, FMOD, which is used on XP too and gives a solid sound experience as well (but limited to planes only as far as i saw, not environment).

I really appreciated to see once again how the sea condition changes with the wind, that is a nice touch and honestly it was about time. I'll also follow the guys who wants to see a floatplane landing (and expect it to create 3d waves as well at this point, nothing they haven't done before in their The Crew 2 engine)

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

This new video reveals a few more things than the sound.

• I think for the first time we have seen a wet runway and the reflection of the land light on it.
  • We saw that when you turn a knob in the cockpit the mouse pointer becomes a circular arrow.
  • The number of ground vehicles at the airport (I think it is KSFO) is amazing.
  • During the sound reflection demo, you can hear water splashing in the foreground, who knows, this could be from a yet unseen float plane.
  • The ground image at Rwy 19L (wind demo) looks less detailed than what Bing maps show, so this could be what one would see in offline mode.
  • Like 10

Siggy Schwarz

OMG This shot at the end with the poor Cessna between all the puddles, it must feel soo lonely to be in the pilot seat with this kind of weather!

And the waves reacting to the wind omgomgomg, and taking in consideration different fauna based on the location.... you guys are crazy 🤤

Thank you!

• Like 1

I'm wondering how big the budget for the simulator's development could be. They are taking care of all the tiny details to create a realistic world and complete functionalities, not just updating the engine and leaving core elements to the add-ons, and they've got a top-notch team to take on the task. For all the slow progress we've been subject to the last 14 years, they are more than making up for it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Other interesting facts from this episode are that there will be no realistic Hughes H4, B-36, B-47, B-52, XB-70 etc. possible, since the maximum number of engines is still four. 

Additional failures like turbo charger failures will be possible.

49 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I'm wondering how big the budget for the simulator's development could be.

Microsoft: "Spared no expense!" *Dinosaur roars in the background*

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, domkle said:

This video is a vindication of having an open cockpit biplane in the sim 😉 ! Imagine the wind howling through the wing pylons of Stearman, a Vimy or a Camel !

Someone has to make a Boeing PT-17 Stearman for this sim. You think the pilot will get wet when raining? Imagine the sounds of the plane and environment and add rain to it 🙂

58 minutes ago, siggy said:

This new video reveals a few more things than the sound.

• I think for the first time we have seen a wet runway and the reflection of the land light on it.
  • We saw that when you turn a knob in the cockpit the mouse pointer becomes a circular arrow.
  • The number of ground vehicles at the airport (I think it is KSFO) is amazing.
  • During the sound reflection demo, you can hear water splashing in the foreground, who knows, this could be from a yet unseen float plane.
  • The ground image at Rwy 19L (wind demo) looks less detailed than what Bing maps show, so this could be what one would see in offline mode.

Or the Asobo and MS new Yacht Simulator 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ