Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 23rd, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

Thanks @ChaoticBeauty Another pine for you. 😂😂🌲🌲

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

St Barts? 

Yes, but still quite a bit of work to do here.  Like with Courchevel there are noticeable terrain inaccuracies.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Whatever city is in the first picture, I think that's an offline mode screenshot, completely Autogen. Might be Tokyo based on the file name.

11 minutes ago, SterlingCrimson92 said:

Skint's first picture of the skyline... which city is that? Same question for LookedUnicorn95's picture! Both look great! 

San Francisco for Skint's city, you can see the Transamerica Pyramid in the centre of the screen, Golden Gate Bridge in the far right background.

It also says Port of San Francisco on the big building on the water front 😜

Edited by Tuskin38

8 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Yes, but still quite a bit of work to do here.  Like with Courchevel there are noticeable terrain inaccuracies.

Yes lots to do, remember its only Alpha build, you can make out the buildings on the left of St Barts but they are swamped by trees. They will clear this up. 

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

That first screen looks like its taken from offline mode.

Or from bad resource mode. No photogrammetry and poor image quality.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Even in the testers screenshots, the procedural world of MSFS is very impressive. Photogrammetry or not, online or offline, I love what I see in terms of procedural urban scape... 

So I still think flying in Offline mode in MSFS will be better than any global scenery addon we can have for the actually available simulators...

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

2 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Even in the testers screenshots, the procedural world of MSFS is very impressive. Photogrammetry or not, online or offline, I love what I see in terms of procedural urban scape... 

So I still think flying in Offline mode in MSFS will be better than any global scenery addon we can have for the actually available simulators...

I mean, I have X-Plane with ortho coverage in my area and it's really great to fly. But the autogen... oh boy. Or the roads with their ridicuous contrast... VFR will be a joy with MSFS2020.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

17 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

Yes lots to do, remember its only Alpha build, you can make out the buildings on the left of St Barts but they are swamped by trees. They will clear this up. 

Will they though?  I get its alpha but the world is big so......might just be as is.  Like I said, way better than fsx default.  3PDs would take this on maybe.

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

2 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I mean, I have X-Plane with ortho coverage in my area and it's really great to fly. But the autogen... oh boy. Or the roads with their ridicuous contrast... VFR will be a joy with MSFS2020.

Yes, MSFS engine presents a big step foward in terms of VFR immersion. 

The Assets used to represent the footprint based procedural world are even much better in terms of details.

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

I think the first screenshot shows a pretty convincing representation of a city based purely on autogen. Sure, you would notice the differences to the real world If you are familar with the place, but considering that this is the default level of quality across the whole world, only generated by AI, is simply amazing. Even the variety in autogen buildings is quite cool.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Regarding the St. Barths shot, I assume this is taken in offline mode. Most of all the roads on the hill on the far side of the bay look like vector / landclass technology not orthoimagery. So I hope it looks much more accurate in online mode, in particular what in the foreground looks like a dirt cartway now will be a paved road with a roundabout.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, tweekz said:

About roads. The same they do with runways might be done with roads, because when the image source is poor, the roads are to...

Edited by aleex

Yeah, I was curious how cliff faces, or rock formations would look. Now I know, and So much better than any vertical surface Ive seen previously. Now I want to go check this out. 

the-castle-rock-gift.jpg

Seagulls-stop-it-now.jpg

U-boat attack?

• Like 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

32 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Yeah, I was curious how cliff faces, or rock formations would look. Now I know, and So much better than any vertical surface Ive seen previously. Now I want to go check this out. 

the-castle-rock-gift.jpg

St Ignace, Michigan.