Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

2 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

We don't know that yet. The Seriex X is basically a PC stripped of extraneous fluff with a CPU and GPU equivalent to a higher-end PC. There is nothing special in that console that a sim developed for the PC can't take advantage of it. If anything, it may be somewhat limited in available RAM compared to a PC.

All consoles are just PCs that cant be upgraded, that's nothing new. I'm not saying Microsoft wont put effort into the Series X release but if the game code was made for the Xbox One then it will take much more than a port to take full advantage of the new generation. GTA 5 shows this exactly. The thing that is good with consoles is they are closed systems, so they can get the full power of the components out of them were that usually doesn't happen with PCs. 

1 hour ago, Kopteeni said:

Why would they do that with an Alpha version of the product? Have you seen how bonkers people go when they spot any minor unfinished detail in the short hand-picked clips they've released?

Well it wont be perfect when it is released people will still go bonkers over something. They had a group of serious simmers come and test fly it. They raved about how good it is. Why not release one of their flights? I do believe what the tester say about the sim I just want to see it for myself. Guess I have to go find some of those leaked videos.  Haaaa. 

• Like 2

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

20 minutes ago, domkle said:

Is it normal for a game developer to have a promotional campaign as MS has had since June, so many months before release ?  It seems to me that MS has changed the paradigm of the launching of a AAA game.

That's normal for many AAA games, especially ones that are sequels to a successful previous version, or from a developer known to release high quality games.

We've been seeing teaser videos for CDPR's "Cyberpunk 2077"  (the successor to their Witcher 3 game) for a year and a half now.  "Mass Effect Andromeda," was teased with preview videos for at least a year, maybe more. A year of promotion before release just isn't that unusual for a highly anticipated AAA game.

I don't expect anything, I do not say it is reasonable,  I  just say that a video shot by a simmer or pilot might deflect some  the absurd (if not idiotic) comments generated by leaked videos which give an unflattering image of the new sim. 

If you're asking for a relatively brief video with sexy eye candy, that's already being produced by MS/ASOBO.

If you're looking for an extended 15 minute video from takeoff to landing by a more experienced pilot, it would be reasonable to assume that the sim isn't in a state yet where that can be done without issues that people would pick apart. Or else MS/ASOBO would already be showing that kind of thing. 

Edited by Paraffin
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

9 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Well it wont be perfect when it is released people will still go bonkers over something. They had a group of serious simmers come and test fly it. They raved about how good it is. Why not release one of their flights? I do believe what the tester say about the sim I just want to see it for myself. Guess I have to go find some of those leaked videos.  Haaaa. 

I believe we'll see something like that soon enough. In the meantime, check you private messages, hope it helps 😉

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

I am hearing what you are saying. You don't believe it will be on the Xbox One. Doesn't matter what you believe, it's officially being developed for the Xbox One. 

Have they specifically said Xbox ONE?  Or simply "Xbox"?  I also have a hard time seeing how they possibly shoehorn this into an Xbox One in a remotely playable state, based on the RAM constraints alone, but if they've confirmed it then I guess there must be some sort of plan.

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

It is amazing what you can do on next gen hardware with very little effort.

But dont expect these graphics on anything less than an xbox2020 or a brand new $6000 PC plus a subscription to gamepass.

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

Which MSFS2020 videos have you been watching? I wouldn't say any of the ones I've seen is head and shoulders above even XP11.40,

These quotes pretty much sum up why most people here operate on the assumption your arguments and comments are made in bad faith (aside from being an unabashed X-Plane fan who hates Microsoft and doesn't even run Windows anyway). 

So which is it?  Will these graphics require a $6000 PC, or are they barely better than XP 11.40?  Why presume "very little effort" went into them?  Why strangely assume the necessity of a Game Pass subscription, considering it's been explained a dozen times at this point, that that isn't how Game Pass even works?

It's just concern trolling and intentional obfuscation.  You add a little squid ink into the conversation where you think there's an opening, and anything contradicting your internal narrative bounces off like Teflon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

So which is it?  Will these graphics require a $6000 PC, or are they barely better than XP 11.40?

Its not an either or.

You can get those graphics offline now, you just need a $6000 PC, or you'll be viewing them as a slideshow. Doesn't matter if its unigine, XP11 or some future release of MSFS2020, you cannot overcome a hardware requirement with software.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

9 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Have they specifically said Xbox ONE?  Or simply "Xbox"?  I also have a hard time seeing how they possibly shoehorn this into an Xbox One in a remotely playable state, based on the RAM constraints alone, but if they've confirmed it then I guess there must be some sort of plan.

These quotes pretty much sum up why most people here operate on the assumption your arguments and comments are made in bad faith (aside from being an unabashed X-Plane fan who hates Microsoft and doesn't even run Windows anyway). 

So which is it?  Will these graphics require a $6000 PC, or are they barely better than XP 11.40?  Why presume "very little effort" went into them?  Why strangely assume the necessity of a Game Pass subscription, considering it's been explained a dozen times at this point, that that isn't how Game Pass even works?

It's just concern trolling and intentional obfuscation.  You add a little squid ink into the conversation where you think there's an opening, and anything contradicting your internal narrative bounces off like Teflon.

Yes, it's on the official Xbox page for the game and was on the launch video. I believe the One X has 12GB of RAM. While they might have to cutback on the Xbox One version, my personal belief is that the One X should be fine. 

Edited by shawty1984

3 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Yes, it's on the official page for the game and was on the launch video. I believe the One X has 12GB of RAM. While they might have to cutback on the Xbox One version, my personal belief is that the One X should be fine. 

Possibly, although I believe 2GB of that RAM is reserved for the Xbox OS.

While the One X does have more RAM, both the One and the One X are severely bottlenecked by the Jaguar CPU   The Jaguar core was considered outdated back when the current consoles first came out, and it's positively ancient now.

Assuming there's hasn't been a change in plans, I'll be fascinated to see how they make those ports work.

12 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Its not an either or.

You can get those graphics offline now, you just need a $6000 PC, or you'll be viewing them as a slideshow. Doesn't matter if its unigine, XP11 or some future release of MSFS2020, you cannot overcome a hardware requirement with software.

This fundamentally mischaracterizes what the server-side portion of MSFS is even serving players, versus the offline-only mode.  Graphics rendering is not being offloaded to the cloud, so it has no bearing on the apparently shockingly thin line between "runs like old X-Plane", and "needs a $6000 PC with a SLI TItan XP video card configuration".

• Like 1

If MS / Asobo wanted to hire somebody to video showcase the new sim in the worst way possible- they could not have done better than the untrustworthy word not allowed who broke his NDA and posted the videos to youtube.

Of course they had to know this would happen given that so many were selected to test. 

It is a shame that the devs now had to devote valuable time and resources to clean this mess up because some moron decided that he wanted to be popular in the internet... smh

21 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Graphics rendering is not being offloaded to the cloud

Its your right to not read that into this interview.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-lead-interview-pc-xbox-one

Microsoft Flight Simulator takes cloud-powered gaming to new heights, marking a promising return to the genre.

Personally, I'll stick with the theory that promo material has been made on 32 core 4.5GHz CPUs with 128GB ram and RTX2080Ti's, and everyone else gets either the best current hardware has to offer, or pays a monthly fee to rent better hardware from Microsoft in the cloud, until its actually shown to be otherwise.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 minute ago, skully said:

It is a shame that the devs now had to devote valuable time and resources to clean this mess up because some moron decided that he wanted to be popular in the internet... smh

I doubt they would bother and there is no need. There are many people who know exactly what the graphics engine is capable of, without the need to spend anywhere near what our learned friend is stating. Sparky knows that if he makes enough claims then some of them will be close to reality come launch day.

$6k PC required was the last one. I wrote that down as it makes me laugh every time I look at it, although the "XP11.4?" comment did make me spit my tea at the monitor.

23 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Possibly, although I believe 2GB of that RAM is reserved for the Xbox OS.

While the One X does have more RAM, both the One and the One X are severely bottlenecked by the Jaguar CPU   The Jaguar core was considered outdated back when the current consoles first came out, and it's positively ancient now.

Assuming there's hasn't been a change in plans, I'll be fascinated to see how they make those ports work.

My opinion is it will play and look good on the One X. Consoles are closed systems and they can squeeze as much power out of them that they can offer if optimised properly, this usually doesn't happen to PCs. Will it be good as a £1000+ PC, probably not but then what percentage of users will be playing it on the highest settings at 4k anyway. We are all guessing at the moment but I really think they can get this working on the One X. 

XBOX ONE

Here is where they say it is coming to Xbox One - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

And the devs have said it won't be hard to bring it to the Xbox.  Everyone one is assuming you will need a high end machine to run this.  Give the devs some credit, they know what they are doing in this area.

"They can do it on Xbox and they can do it on Windows and it look like that on stage. ".  - Phil Spencer https://www.pcgamer.com/xboxs-phil-spencer-on-game-pass-steam-and-the-epic-games-store/2/

And as for take off/landing video, this video has a bunch of take offs and landings 

And if you say you want real pilots to do it, you know most of devs have gotten their PPL.

And not everyplace will look the same, some will look worse than others.  We know this.  They have stated they have three data sources.  "At Bing we have satellite data, which we call area photography, which goes up to 30 centimeters per pixel. The better pictures come from airplanes, they have several cameras and take one picture per second, the resolution is then 5 centimeters per pixel. In principle, you can then build the cities from these points."  And then there is photometry data.  They also hand touched some areas like the Space Needle.

If you want to know what your house or area will look like, go to Bing Maps within Windows 10.    

On 2/6/2020 at 10:39 AM, Shack95 said:

All the screenshots I’ve compared to Bing Maps so far have been identical, except for some tiny details in the Mont Blanc shot. Whether these differences are indeed because they used other imagery or a result of Azure‘s processing I cannot say.

Edited by GlideBy
Edited to remove E3 footage info, as it seems it was wrong.

1 hour ago, b737800 said:

$6k PC required

Its only required if you want graphics more like the promo videos rather than the leak videos. 

funnier is the 32gb ram, 6 cores@3.7Ghz and a 1080Ti raymarching off and still stuttering, then all these people wondering why he doesnt have the settings turned up further.

Not quite as funny as would be alpha testers thinking they'll be fine with 16GB ram.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer